Add voice modulation to Eradicator's Mask

A recent trend with the CM headgear has been to not add voice modulation to it. Malak's Jaw Casing, Restored Triumvirate Helmet and (so I'm told) Thul Loyalist Helmet are examples of this. I hope this will not be repeated for the Eradicator's Mask.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second this. Surely, voice modulation has to be a simple toggle on any given item. It's been done for hundreds of items, why not this one? Malak's Face Plate at least had some justification, ie: the player has not lost his entire jaw the way Malak had. But this is a full-on mask. The voice should at least be muffled/mechanically projected ie: Revan's Mask.

/signed

If it hasn't been included in some recent items like this and Malak's Mask because they're getting feedback that some players don't like them, they should add a "Helmet Voice Modulation" toggle under Sound Preferences that lets you turn it off on all helmets, rather than just not including it on the new ones.

its been said by a deve, it has no modeulation.

Yes, I saw that post. Here's hoping we can get it changed before 2.1 goes live though.

If it hasn't been included in some recent items like this and Malak's Mask because they're getting feedback that some players don't like them, they should add a "Helmet Voice Modulation" toggle under Sound Preferences that lets you turn it off on all helmets, rather than just not including it on the new ones.

That would be a nice solution. Not sure how viable it is for them to implement, but definitely would be a neat option if possible.

Edited by Pscyon

I'll consider it victory enough if we can get modulation for THIS mask. Come on, devs. It is without a doubt the single most desired and anticipated piece of headgear the game has seen since Revan's Mask.

This does seem like just pure laziness, to be honest.

Darth Malak's jaw guard is perfectly understandable, since it wasn't the casue of Malak's voice modulation. It was the fact that he had no jaw, rofl.

However, a full mask covering the entire head (Judging from the screenshot) that doesn't have AT LEAST a muffle sound to it or something? I'm sorry, but that just seems lazy.

A toggle would also be nice, i guess. Though that's probably further down the line.

Edited by GhostDrone

I'll consider it victory enough if we can get modulation for THIS mask. Come on, devs. It is without a doubt the single most desired and anticipated piece of headgear the game has seen since Revan's Mask.

Im upset at the devaluation this will have on revan's mask personally. This and collections are going to hurt it.

This does seem like just pure laziness, to be honest.

Darth Malak's jaw guard is perfectly understandable, since it wasn't the casue of Malak's voice modulation. It was the fact that he had no jaw, rofl.

However, a full mask covering the entire head (Judging from the screenshot) that doesn't have AT LEAST a muffle sound to it or osmething? I'm sorry, but that just seems lazy.

A toggle would also be nice, i guess. Though that's probably further down the line.

You still have a thick chunk of metal covering your mouth, Thats just the excuse to make it not be a cyborg voice over a regular mouth covered voice.

And the same issue is with the Dreadseed mask, it offers no voice modulation either.

/signed

Why would they cave to those complainers? If someone does not like the voice sound through a mask, than they should not wear a mask. The mask, should be cosmetic and functional.... They should leave voice modulation on all masks until they make an option to toggle it off or on, not make some have it, others not.... that crazy and confusing.

Thanks for the heads up as to why....

Edited by Themanthatisi

The mask looks wonderful. Better than I thought it would. Now if only it sounded like it wasn't a figment of our imagination. I have noticed that it's a mask strapped onto a "hood" rather than a full helmet, so it doesn't need to make us sound like stormtroopers, but it should muffle the voice similar to say Revan.