Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need/Greed Etiquette???

Khevar
05.09.2013 , 01:39 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by stringcat View Post
Unless it was a tank piece, I don't see anything wrong with that. Who cares if the shell was heavy armor? Sents and guardians benefit equally from the mods.
Did you carefully overlook the part where the other player dropped group and put him on ignore after the Guardian player tried to BUY the piece?

This is the type of behavior I would expect from a greedy jerk abusing the system.

CommanderKeeva
05.09.2013 , 04:13 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
I wouldn't have a problem with someone needing a piece just for the enhancement.
Actually, not a single piece of gear that drops in flashpoints has a good enhancement so don't bother. ALL 55 enhancements are either ****** crit/alacrity or ****** crit/surge. I've run the new 55 FPs more than a hundred times and I've never seen any enhancement other than those two for dps/healers. Not one power/surge. Not one power/accuracy. Not one power/alacrity. As a matter of fact, even all the mods from drops I've seen are high endurance/low crit (or low power rarely). The mods from 55 gear dropped in flashpoints are absolute ****.

By the way you can't even get proper enhancements with elite/ultimate commendations. Just the high endurance/low power variants. And I've checked all 4 vendors. The only way to obtain proper power/surge, power/accuracy, power/alacrity enhancements is via the tokens dropped from Operations. Kind of cruel if you ask me.

So don't need on enhancements at all unless you want a bunch of randomly itemized crap. You're better off buying lvl66 enhancements from the GTN. A lot better off.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

CyberTronX
05.09.2013 , 04:14 PM | #13
Old wow player here.. personally I just apply WoW loot logic to TOR and it seems to work fine.

Loot drops for my current spec that I can use- need regardless.
Loot drops for another spec I play but am not currently in - need if nobody else does and thank the group for letting me roll.
Loot drops that a companion can use - need if nobody else does and thank the group for letting me roll.
"The following statement is false: The previous statement is true.
Welcome to our corner of the Universe." - Anonymous Seefra Denizen CY 10210

Soxbadger
05.09.2013 , 04:22 PM | #14
If there is another person of the same class (sorc), I only need if I can use all 3 pieces (armor, mod, enhancement) without asking.

If I am going to be ripping mods or not using the full piece, I will ask the other person if they need the full piece. If they do I let them have it.

If there is not another person of the same class, I will need if I can use a mod.

These days I just run hms for other people. I have duplicates of basically every piece, plus 400 comms burning in the bank, so I actually try and get another sorc to run with me so that the loot isnt wasted. It feels terrible to run athiss, get the chest piece for the Xth time, when the rest of the group needed their respective piece.

I almost wish I could toggle drops off, because watching gear waste kills me.

Khevar
05.09.2013 , 04:55 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post

By the way you can't even get proper enhancements with elite/ultimate commendations. Just the high endurance/low power variants. And I've checked all 4 vendors. The only way to obtain proper power/surge, power/accuracy, power/alacrity enhancements is via the tokens dropped from Operations. Kind of cruel if you ask me.

Oddly enough, the Jedi Knight / Sith Warrior vendors have some low-endurance enhancements in Black Market / Verpine gear available for comms.

All the other vendors exclusively sell the medum and high-endurance versions.

:/

Mmurph
05.09.2013 , 07:30 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Soxbadger View Post
If there is another person of the same class (sorc), I only need if I can use all 3 pieces (armor, mod, enhancement) without asking.

If I am going to be ripping mods or not using the full piece, I will ask the other person if they need the full piece. If they do I let them have it.

If there is not another person of the same class, I will need if I can use a mod.

These days I just run hms for other people. I have duplicates of basically every piece, plus 400 comms burning in the bank, so I actually try and get another sorc to run with me so that the loot isnt wasted. It feels terrible to run athiss, get the chest piece for the Xth time, when the rest of the group needed their respective piece.

I almost wish I could toggle drops off, because watching gear waste kills me.
This is my theory on how it should work as well, with one exception. If you start looting while I'm killing things, I will need on anything that pops up on my screen and figure it out later. If someone else can use it and I can't, I'm more than happy to trade once everything's dead.

Swaption
05.10.2013 , 04:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
Frankly the easiest way to fix this would be to make it so that you can't need on equipment you can't use.

IE, Sentinals can't need on heavy armor, Ops can't need on shields and so forth.... Or even further... If its not your classes primary stat you can't need on it. Soo no more troopers needing on strength stuff etc.

If you can't need, you can still greed, so if the guy its for doesn't need it, everyone in the group still has an equal chance to gain the item rather then a looter stealing it.
DPS modded heavy armor is fair game for a mara or sent to need on (if there is a dps jug both can need on it). Considering how badly fked up some itemization is (shield generators with alacrity, or offhand knives with shield/absorb), mainstat restriction is really the only limitation that can be reasonably implemented.
Kgu - Sniper | Kzg - Mercenary | K-g - Marauder

Ottoattack
05.10.2013 , 04:23 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
If a sentinel needs in a guardian dps piece, he's not pulling out 1 enhancement, he's pulling out all the mods and putting them on medium armor.
While I do agree that even if it is a str dps piece, both sentinels and guardians, I agree that you should only roll need if its for your class. Ya, you may use it, but it dropped for someone else, but it dropped for them and you should respect that.

On another note, you always pull the mods out even if it was for you. My sin has been wearing the same gear form early lvl 20's. I augment the gear and keep using the same gear going forward. Augments are far more valuable than removing and reinserting mods.

Seireeni
05.10.2013 , 04:49 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
While I do agree that even if it is a str dps piece, both sentinels and guardians, I agree that you should only roll need if its for your class. Ya, you may use it, but it dropped for someone else, but it dropped for them and you should respect that.
I find this a little funny, since it only affects jks/sws. In other classes, everyone uses the same rated gear, so unless it's clearly a tanking piece or something, you can't tell "who" it dropped "to". Jk and sw are the only ones that have a difference between the ACs in this. Imo, if a dps guardian piece drops, sentinel "needs" it much more than a tanking guardian, even though it would have "dropped" to the guardian. With a dps guardian, the situation is a little trickier. Personally I wouldn't need it then, but I'd understand the reasoning behind a sentinel needing for that.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Darth Malgus - And some alts on Satele Shan and Star Forge - The Firslay Legacy
referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/J24zRp

JouerTue
05.11.2013 , 05:43 AM | #20
i need what i need and ask if i can need for mods or for alts..