Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Peculiar Resilience/Force Shroud Bug (attn bioware)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Peculiar Resilience/Force Shroud Bug (attn bioware)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

IronmanSS
06.24.2013 , 03:32 PM | #31
Math Gurus rejoice!!!

Force Shroud 's inner workings can now be summed up in this equation:

[(Your current resistance) + (200%)] - (whatever gets back you to 95%) = 95%

"TY 4 teh good maths BW!"

Yay, Tank Sins depending (even more) on RNG for survival. Time 2 reroll guys. I'd tell you to respec DPS, but...

Sins/Shadows = 3 sub-par NiM PvE specs.
Sulvira - Sith Assassin <E>

WillLongstick
06.24.2013 , 03:48 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidDemaree View Post
In Nightmare Mode, Huge Grenade does in fact deal weapon damage (rather than the spell damage it deals in Story and Hard Modes). This was an intentional change for Nightmare Mode, done to make the encounter more challenging.
So you want to make that mechanic more challenging by giving Jugg/Guardian tanks a 100% chance to cause the weapon damage attack to miss by popping Saber Ward at the right time to gain Blade Turning? Looking at someone's kill video it appears that Huge Grenade is every 1 minute 25 seconds. So yea, with 2 Jugg tanks alternating their 2 minute 30 second Saber Ward timer you'll never take a Huge Grenade.

Not like any of that matters anyways since Jugg/PT heavy armor can take that hit with ease.

Anyways. APEX: now recruiting 1 Jugg or PT tank for immediate NIM TFB/S&V progression on The Harbinger.
Gorthog - Amelthea
<Intrepid>

stephenalandavie
06.24.2013 , 03:52 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by WillLongstick View Post
So you want to make that mechanic more challenging by giving Jugg/Guardian tanks a 100% chance to cause the weapon damage attack to miss by popping Saber Ward at the right time to gain Blade Turning? Looking at someone's kill video it appears that Huge Grenade is every 1 minute 25 seconds. So yea, with 2 Jugg tanks alternating their 2 minute 30 second Saber Ward timer you'll never take a Huge Grenade.

Not like any of that matters anyways since Jugg/PT heavy armor can take that hit with ease.

Anyways. APEX: now recruiting 1 Jugg or PT tank for immediate NIM TFB/S&V progression on The Harbinger.
This thread is about shadows/sins not juggernauts or PTS
Cersei Operative 60 Opness Scoundrel 60
Quabiedney Juggernaut 60 Capt-corelli Guardian 60
Martyn PT tank 60 TouchMyBehind Marauder 60
Big In Japan

WillLongstick
06.24.2013 , 03:57 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
This thread is about shadows/sins not juggernauts or PTS
I'm pointing out how the NIM Titan 6 design is a slap in the face of Sin tanks while becoming a mechanic that'll be bypassed by the Juggs. If Sin's can't Force Shroud those damage spikes, or take the unmitigated hit without dying, then there isn't a place for Sins in NIM S&V progression. That's not something I want to see.
Gorthog - Amelthea
<Intrepid>

Omophorus
06.24.2013 , 04:15 PM | #35
I'm pointing out how the NIM Titan 6 design is a slap in the face of Sin tanks while becoming a mechanic that'll be bypassed by the Juggs. If Sin's can't Force Shroud those damage spikes, or take the unmitigated hit without dying, then there isn't a place for Sins in NIM S&V progression. That's not something I want to see.
This is the most important part.

It's not going to do ANYTHING to make the fight harder.

It's just going to change who can cheese the mechanic from the tank that is struggling to justify a place in a group to the tank that already does everything better than everyone else.
Srs'bsns, GM of <Proper Villains> of The Ebon Hawk
5/5 Nightmare Power DF & DP
"This is why we don't bring Assassin tanks"

Kitru
06.24.2013 , 05:41 PM | #36
So you want to make that mechanic more challenging by giving Jugg/Guardian tanks a 100% chance to cause the weapon damage attack to miss by popping Saber Ward at the right time to gain Blade Turning?
Wait a sec! Remember: 100% Defense chance doesn't actually provide anyone with 100% avoidance. There's a 5% chance that Guardians will actually *take* the Huge Grenade damage and take so much damage that they're inconvenienced a mite... This is no problem whatsoever since Shadows will have a 23% chance to take damage from it and a 10% chance to get completely wiped out by it. Yup, that's *completely appropriate*.

Way to go content designer devs, you're *awesome* at math, design, and balance! It must be those Art History degrees working for ya.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Kitru
06.24.2013 , 05:46 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by IronmanSS View Post
Force Shroud 's inner workings can now be summed up in this equation:
It's substantially more likely that there is simply a floor function that limits how low hit chances can get. All they need to do is *remove* the floor function that was apparently ninja-added a year ago and was somehow completely left out of the patch notes and, bam, it'll be working like it *should*.
My New Class Idea

IronmanSS
06.24.2013 , 05:54 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
It's substantially more likely that there is simply a floor function that limits how low hit chances can get. All they need to do is *remove* the floor function that was apparently ninja-added a year ago and was somehow completely left out of the patch notes and, bam, it'll be working like it *should*.
You do understand that my very well thought out equation was a bad joke, similar to BWs current state of pve game balance for Sins?
Sulvira - Sith Assassin <E>

SomeJagoff
06.24.2013 , 05:58 PM | #39
When is 100% not 100%? When it's an ability in swtor.

So in PVP, getting knocked back, stunned, mezzed, smashed, etc. while force shroud is active, is working as intended. And same in PVE. Gotcha.

Bioware, please bring back the original designer of Assassins/Shadows to fix this mess. The entire subclass seriously needs to be resdesigned.
Free Character Transfer & Other Goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/bgpK6G

Kitru
06.24.2013 , 06:10 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by IronmanSS View Post
You do understand that my very well thought out equation was a bad joke, similar to BWs current state of pve game balance for Sins?
I was kind of playing on David's statement that fixing it isn't as simple as it seems. Unless there is something *ridiculously weird* about the way they implemented it, it's just a simple removal of a floor function. Plus, the fact that they ninja-added a nerf to Resilience by changing how the attack formula worked (since it wouldn't affect *anything else in the game except for Blade Turning, which is up for less time on a longer CD) and only *just now* figured out that they did it. If we'd have *known* that's what they had done, it wouldn't have been a bug so much as a mechanism that needs to be fixed.

I'm not even sure BW is paying attention to all of the *incredibly in depth* balance calcs, math, etc. that's been flung at them over the last month, not to mention that they seem to be kind of ignorant of what *balanced* content design actually *is* (rather than "everything is perfect for Guardians and the other tanks suck!").
My New Class Idea