Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch 2.1 and Eradicator's Mask

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Patch 2.1 and Eradicator's Mask
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kilora
05.08.2013 , 01:25 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
I think all of us really appreciate direct replies such as this and we have been getting more of them lately. It is very good to see, thank you.
They've been doing a good job for the past few months -- aside from the obvious slow-down after 2.0 hit. I agree! It's making me much more optimistic about many aspects of the game.

Themanthatisi
05.08.2013 , 01:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Twickers View Post
Nothing in the cartel market is pay to win its purely cosmetic.
Well, they still have Armor with mods and crystals with stats.... I am not saying its pay to win, but in reality, I am not a fan of stat boosting items that can be purchased outside of the game.

Thanks for the update BW...

Anzel
05.08.2013 , 01:26 PM | #13
Yes, I would agree.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

ninjonxb
05.08.2013 , 01:33 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Themanthatisi View Post
Well, they still have Armor with mods and crystals with stats.... I am not saying its pay to win, but in reality, I am not a fan of stat boosting items that can be purchased outside of the game.

I think even Bioware recognized the problem with the Armor. Since it came out there hasn't been anymore armor with mods already in it.

As far as the color crystal. Without major redesign (maybe the new dye system will fix this eventually) they were kinda backed into a wall in regards of how to make cool looking color crystals.
Free goodies (referral link)
Thank you Bioware for adding in Same Sex Story Arcs .^.
How I feel reading the SWTOR forums http://i.imgur.com/tCp90.gif
SWTOR Calendar of Events(Forum Post)(Google Calendar, iCal, Twitter)

stephenalandavie
05.08.2013 , 01:36 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Will free Character/Legacy/Guild name change unlocks be sent to subscribers on 14th as well?
We get free char name changes?

Andryah
05.08.2013 , 01:37 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
We get free char name changes?
one of each (character name, legacy name, guild name), per subscriber account, free of charge. Choose well.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

stephenalandavie
05.08.2013 , 01:39 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
one of each, per subscriber account, free of charge. Choose well.
Easily chosen I have a legacy theme going and my main isn't within that theme as i chose the name randomly, legacies weren't out when i created him lol

Andryah
05.08.2013 , 01:45 PM | #18
The only thing you "win" is some inexpensive mods... quickly outleveled and useless, except for the crystals. That said.. when any other player can purchase them right off the GTN... P2W becomes a vaporous petition IMO.

For the crystals.. they were backed into a design corner and rather then go the route they did with trying to make trade-in vendors for crystals as you level up (like they did with limited edition promotional crystals earlier).. they decided to make them level 10. They are not overpowering even for a level 10.... so they really contribute nothing to any pay-2-win scenario in any actual practical sense. Besides.. the heroic versions are worthless unless you are 55 now anyway and most people believe P2W mostly applies to PvP anyway.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Twickers
05.08.2013 , 02:19 PM | #19

You mean the level 20/40 armor shells that have mods that are rapidly out leveled? Yes truly Pay to win....

Oh wait the +41 crystals that can also be crafted by artifice with the same exact stats, the horror!
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

Midgen
05.08.2013 , 02:25 PM | #20
Those +41 Crystals for level 35 (level 10 for those in the packs) might beg to differ. While it might not get you a "Win", they certainly are equipment upgrades that have an impact at a fairly low level. Especially if you buy them for you and your companions.

Before the cartel market, +41 crystals were not even usable until level 50, and were expensive to buy in game or to craft.