Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Where Is It?


Masarko's Avatar


Masarko
05.10.2013 , 04:27 AM | #81
The current state of the game is so bad, its like playing a beta except youre paying to basically test and find out where you crash, bug out whatever.

Lets start off with the "stuck in spawn" bug, that one is hella annoying and now its even easier to trigger it if youre a Scoundrel/Operative due to Scamper/Exfiltrate

Im not going to talk about the Bolster bug, it was reported on PTS its still here in a smaller form

Charging / Getting pulled causes you on certain areas to clip out of the map, if you charge someone and midair you hit the air vent in Huttball? well youre stuck, you can somewhat move but you cannot attack anyone or charge but you can take damage.

Theres WAY more bugs in PvP but these 3 are the ones I think are major
Its obvious that BioWare too incompetent to spice the game up, if you look at the ranked side, when did "Pre Season" start? It was in 1.3, where are we now? Excactly.
No sign of cross server PvP at all, they would rather focus their dev team on social and RP stuff like "Guild Ships" I mean *** really?

Werent game servers down the first day off "Early access"? (Or atleast for some servers)
- Did you get anything to compensate that? No

Classes / Specs were overnerfed to the state where its rather "unviable" Look at Vanguards / Powertechs just because of a imba hybrid spec, they decided to shut down the Assualt / Pyro tree because of auto crits on HiB / RS, why couldnt they just change the talent?

Its not rocket science to see that BioWare are clueless and resourceless when it comes to maintaining a game and keeping its player pool.

I know its impossible to have a game where rainbows shine and everyone is hugging eachother, but ATLEAST listen to the feedback you got from the PTS and stop giving us a unfinished product.

./end rant

islander's Avatar


islander
05.10.2013 , 06:37 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by psybernetic View Post
There's already a system in place to separate casuals from hardcores: it's called ranked warzones, which, obviously has been left to rot since its initial implementation.
Ranked warzones require 8 individuals of a specific configuration to even compete, skills notwithstanding. As such don't separate a damn thing.
There are plenty of ranked caliber PvPers of various classes who can't take part of ranked because of a lack of proper team. Without a proper team, you lose to properly configured teams 90% of the time.
Has very little to do with individual skill level.

Sure, within that subset there's the cream of the crop, but calling 'ranked warzones' the only place to seperate casuals from hardcores isn't entirely fair. Individuals like myself have virtually zero control over their ability to play ranked.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

dcgregorya's Avatar


dcgregorya
05.10.2013 , 07:43 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Kevinor View Post
I think maybe they underestimate just how many people enjoy PvP; and they're not grasping the opportunity to keep a thriving PvP community playing the game... I really don't think it would take a lot of effort on their part.
The problem is that they're cheap. Really, really cheap. They laid off a bunch of devs on a buggy, unfinished game and they claim they're going to improve their release cycles and etc etc etc but as we all know, they have probably one developer working on PVP. Anyone who is a coder, understands the bolster bugs, would have caught it and fixed it before it went out. How exactly can you be a dev on this game and not know that relics don't give stat bonuses 1:1 with how legs and hands do? For you to write it that way tells me you've never played this game or just don't care. I like bolster, I just mean that looking at how it went down along with other things they've done in the past, shows me that they're either woefully understaffed or staffed with people who are incompetent or don't care. I'd like to think its the former and not the latter.

I've been working with software for 15 years and I started programming with writing games - I just don't believe that it can take a YEAR per warzone unless there's like one guy and a monkey and dice involved in producing it.

Kevinor's Avatar


Kevinor
05.10.2013 , 10:04 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
The problem is that they're cheap. Really, really cheap. They laid off a bunch of devs on a buggy, unfinished game and they claim they're going to improve their release cycles and etc etc etc but as we all know, they have probably one developer working on PVP. Anyone who is a coder, understands the bolster bugs, would have caught it and fixed it before it went out. How exactly can you be a dev on this game and not know that relics don't give stat bonuses 1:1 with how legs and hands do? For you to write it that way tells me you've never played this game or just don't care. I like bolster, I just mean that looking at how it went down along with other things they've done in the past, shows me that they're either woefully understaffed or staffed with people who are incompetent or don't care. I'd like to think its the former and not the latter.

I've been working with software for 15 years and I started programming with writing games - I just don't believe that it can take a YEAR per warzone unless there's like one guy and a monkey and dice involved in producing it.
I also work in Software Development; and I'm quietly hoping the reason Bolster was so unfinished was due to other project dates they were trying to hit for some of the other upcoming PvP features and content.

I mean they clearly have some resources working hard on things for the game... but the problem is it's all based around PvE and Cartel Market content from what I can see. There's literally zero effort visible in terms of PvP related content or even communication.... I mean there have been more posts from Eric on the Double Hood issue with Revan's robes than on anything PvP related, other than a couple of posts early on about the Bolster saga.

If it's a case that they just don't care about PvP and they expect to just release generic features and Cartel Market fluff then I would appreciate some kind of acknowledgement that that is indeed the case.

I'm still waiting for any kind of acknowledgement that we haven't been forgotten; and this post was kinda my last gasp attempt at bringing some attention to the issue and trying to get some kind of response.

I'm close to giving up.
Kevinorz - Coral

Coral Website

MindSpore's Avatar


MindSpore
05.10.2013 , 10:43 PM | #85
Some dev input would be great on this.
Spymaster / Masterspy / Sneaky-Pete - TOFN

PINKPARAKEET's Avatar


PINKPARAKEET
05.11.2013 , 12:54 AM | #86
I'd rather them focus on fixing pvp first and they've only taken steps backwards with bolster.
Theres a lot of work to be done between balancing teams, fixing bolster, handling the smash monkeys, and calming down the sniping frenzy.
At least they realized their mistake with stun bubble.

Kevinor's Avatar


Kevinor
05.11.2013 , 01:55 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by PINKPARAKEET View Post
I'd rather them focus on fixing pvp first and they've only taken steps backwards with bolster.
Theres a lot of work to be done between balancing teams, fixing bolster, handling the smash monkeys, and calming down the sniping frenzy.
At least they realized their mistake with stun bubble.
You can never "fix" PvP. Bug fixing is something that should always be done, but in parallel with feature development. If all they've been doing the past two months is working on an incredibly buggy Bolster system and failing to roll out bug fixes with any kind of urgency then... I don't really know what to say.

And in terms of stun bubble, it's good they finally adjusted it... but the concerning thing for a lot of people is how damn long it took them to do it.

Anyway; in my mind this thread is more about the kind of content that isn't centered around class balance and gear balance and all that kind of stuff... I'm talking about featyures to spice up PvP, new Warzones and game types, cross-server queues, in-game tournaments, duelling areas on the fleet... the kind of QoL PvP updates that we sorely need, Season 1 of RWZs.... and whatever else they may have in mind.
Kevinorz - Coral

Coral Website

Fearine's Avatar


Fearine
05.11.2013 , 09:55 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Kevinor View Post
If all they've been doing the past two months is working on an incredibly buggy Bolster system and failing to roll out bug fixes with any kind of urgency then... I don't really know what to say.
Probably lack of capable coders.
The new skills are actually combined older animations. For example the Operative roll is a combination of Take cover and the dust animation of Force Speed. No code changes involved. Hero engine has the capability to edit and combine the allready existing assets,objects characters etc without even bother with coding. Pathfinding, AI,triggers etc also can be handled the same way.

But Bolster is a different beast. You have to mess with scripting. And Hero engine uses Heroscript, its own language.
So you need someone with knowledge of Heroscript and of course with enough time in his hands to spot and kill the annoying bugs. The only "fix" we have seen after 2,0 launch is the removal of Expertise stat from gear. So just object editing.

My guess? Bad coder or sesional coder.
In both cases I would not wait for new features like Season 1 or cross server very soon.
If you work in Software development you probably know that development actually needs to mess with code.
So unless they have these features ready since launch (like I guess they had Makeb) the more you can hope for is a new warzone.
Bioware's famous metrics revealed:
Q: Someone told me his son (George Lukas) played the game.
Answer: (Bioware) Yeah I heard that too. A lot of us with teenage kids try to get them to explain things to us.

TheHybris's Avatar


TheHybris
05.11.2013 , 02:48 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Fearine View Post
Probably lack of capable coders.
The new skills are actually combined older animations. For example the Operative roll is a combination of Take cover and the dust animation of Force Speed. No code changes involved. Hero engine has the capability to edit and combine the allready existing assets,objects characters etc without even bother with coding. Pathfinding, AI,triggers etc also can be handled the same way.

But Bolster is a different beast. You have to mess with scripting. And Hero engine uses Heroscript, its own language.
So you need someone with knowledge of Heroscript and of course with enough time in his hands to spot and kill the annoying bugs. The only "fix" we have seen after 2,0 launch is the removal of Expertise stat from gear. So just object editing.

My guess? Bad coder or sesional coder.
In both cases I would not wait for new features like Season 1 or cross server very soon.
If you work in Software development you probably know that development actually needs to mess with code.
So unless they have these features ready since launch (like I guess they had Makeb) the more you can hope for is a new warzone.
Sad but true.
Coral
Dhaima Aelare
Sage Heal to Full Spec

Zunayson's Avatar


Zunayson
05.11.2013 , 06:52 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Fearine View Post
Probably lack of capable coders.
The new skills are actually combined older animations. For example the Operative roll is a combination of Take cover and the dust animation of Force Speed. No code changes involved. Hero engine has the capability to edit and combine the allready existing assets,objects characters etc without even bother with coding. Pathfinding, AI,triggers etc also can be handled the same way.

But Bolster is a different beast. You have to mess with scripting. And Hero engine uses Heroscript, its own language.
So you need someone with knowledge of Heroscript and of course with enough time in his hands to spot and kill the annoying bugs. The only "fix" we have seen after 2,0 launch is the removal of Expertise stat from gear. So just object editing.

My guess? Bad coder or sesional coder.
In both cases I would not wait for new features like Season 1 or cross server very soon.
If you work in Software development you probably know that development actually needs to mess with code.
So unless they have these features ready since launch (like I guess they had Makeb) the more you can hope for is a new warzone.

You sir, get my internets for the most logical post ever on the pvp forums.

Good day, sir.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box