Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where Is It?

JouerTue
05.08.2013 , 04:00 AM | #11
pvp doesn't feel competitive at all..endless preseason, lack of motivation for people to join RWZ, broken bolster is really the only feature implemented with a huge content you had to pay for..which is definetly pve only...they should do something for this..

KeeperOfSajuuk
05.08.2013 , 07:17 AM | #12
I agree with OP completely. Where's the incentive to use the massive PvP lakes they developed?

WZs are tedious, when played repeatedly. Give us some variety!
"...what an incomprehensible machine is man! Who can endure toil, famine, stripes, imprisonment & death itself in vindication of his own liberty, and the next moment ... inflict on his fellow men a bondage, one hour of which is fraught with more misery than ages of that which he rose in rebellion to oppose." -Thomas Jefferson

Eillack
05.08.2013 , 07:26 AM | #13
With EAware's track record, I never expect a thing to be done with WZ's. I wish it wasn't the truth.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Xarimath
05.08.2013 , 07:37 AM | #14
This game has so much potential about PvP but isn't used in a good way.

We could have cross server RWZ, at least to keep high the competitive games between all the servers. (Don't think, that just cause there are RP or PVE servers, there aren't good pvp'ers on them). If the cross server normal WZ are so difficoult to provide, then we could have a working matchmaking for ranked WZ cross server.

Small Open World PvP Areas. Ye, I'm playing this game since has been launched and the engine it is still his big problem, admitted even from his former devs. So, why don't you make some istanced areas where people can join and do open pvp? Even on other famous games the Open World PvP is istanced and you have to Queue to play in it. Even a World PvP objective based would be fine! Don't forget to put a reward in it, so more people can try to put some efforts in it. (Like 5 Normal Commendation Each enemy kill, and if you conquest an objective you gain another reward, or just use the old Weekly/Daily System).

Arenas. Even them, istanced areas. On some servers 3vs3/4vs4 tournaments are really funny events and a lot of people apply for them, but cause of the massive lag, you can't enjoy them. And even, there is no reward in it, no motivations to improove players to play on it. Istanced arenas would be another cool features, just 3vs3 or 4vs4, I mean I saw games with an engine worst than SWTOR having it, why can't you?

At least, we know that we can't ask all these contents in one shot, but come on guys. You're doing a lot of money with cartel markets and loyal subscribed players, you can spend 30% of what you gain to finance a PvP Team project.

We also know that the much criticism about the community would be so stressful for you, so you want keep analyzing the things. But make polls, I remember a poll, last year about Open World PvP, and the community answered for a Open World PvP with some PvE contents (maybe that's why you developed the gree stuff). But is not enough!

So, please, keep an eye on this thread and give us some info about what you plan to do. And be fair with your answers, otherwise you can't complain about players that insults you, cause I remember Ranked WZ promised at the launch of 1.2 and the day before you deleted that content, has been really an unfair behaviour regards your loyal users.

Hoping this chit chat on the forum will bring more attention for PvP contents. I really like the new community managers, at least they answers weekly on the forum and not once for a while like the former ones :3
Master Jariel Silverwing - Jedi Sentinel
Server : THE PROGENITOR
I support Cross Server PvP http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=686530

Seireeni
05.08.2013 , 07:39 AM | #15
I sometimes wish I could transfer my characters to battlefront 2 (and make that game work on my computer) so I could have all those maps with different little tricks but same basic idea instead of "guard this, big fight here, enemy guards this". But I guess I can never have anything like that in here, since this is mmo, and pvp is just "a minigame" as some pve-player once said.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy

islander
05.08.2013 , 08:04 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Depressing.

This.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Majspuffen
05.08.2013 , 08:13 AM | #17
Nice post OP.

There's no sense whining about what I'm about to, since what is done is done, but the level cap was really unnecessary. In World of Warcraft, when you levelled up to the new level cap there was an entirely new end game; new raids, new dungeons, new battlegrounds, new dailies, new crafting and even a new hub for when you are idling.

In SWTOR we got a new operation and new dailies. Crafting is the exact same bs that it was at level 50. The only thing level 55 did was to re-introduce the same grind you had already endeavoured... and there's no real incentive for the grind this time around. I don't get how bolster works, but I don't like the feeling of not being aware of what stats I gain and lose when I gear up, since bolster seem to change them. That, and I had 3 level 50s fully geared. Now I have gotten 1 to 55 and I'm in full partisan, and when I want to play the others I have to endure the same Makeb, and then start grinding for the same gear again... and worst of all; the augments. Sigh...

I'd love to see an instanced open world pvp area. Empty of NPCs, and have several objectives for pvp to interact with. Arenas would be fun as well, in addition to some new warzones. I'd especially love to see another huttball map. We have 3 warzones with capture point pvp, it is getting really tiresome.

Joesixxpack
05.08.2013 , 08:20 AM | #18
Damn good summary OP.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Zuntrios
05.08.2013 , 11:31 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Majspuffen View Post
Nice post OP.

There's no sense whining about what I'm about to, since what is done is done, but the level cap was really unnecessary. In World of Warcraft, when you levelled up to the new level cap there was an entirely new end game; new raids, new dungeons, new battlegrounds, new dailies, new crafting and even a new hub for when you are idling.

In SWTOR we got a new operation and new dailies. Crafting is the exact same bs that it was at level 50. The only thing level 55 did was to re-introduce the same grind you had already endeavoured... and there's no real incentive for the grind this time around. I don't get how bolster works, but I don't like the feeling of not being aware of what stats I gain and lose when I gear up, since bolster seem to change them. That, and I had 3 level 50s fully geared. Now I have gotten 1 to 55 and I'm in full partisan, and when I want to play the others I have to endure the same Makeb, and then start grinding for the same gear again... and worst of all; the augments. Sigh...

I'd love to see an instanced open world pvp area. Empty of NPCs, and have several objectives for pvp to interact with. Arenas would be fun as well, in addition to some new warzones. I'd especially love to see another huttball map. We have 3 warzones with capture point pvp, it is getting really tiresome.
Yeah. 2.0 let down the entire PvP playerbase. Even if you like Bolster, there's still nothing actually worth doing in PvP, that we haven't already done to death. One would hope the expansion we paid for would have actually brought new Warzones, but nope. It barely even brought any PvE to the table, for that matter. One new Op, and 4 HMFPs that are easier than their original versions were at level. Oh, well, I guess. I had my fun. But, for now, at least, I'm letting my sub lapse, and stepping away from SWTOR. I'll probably come back if they ever add something worthy to PvP, but for now, I honestly can't justify paying $15 a month to run laps around fleet.
Stealth? It's nice, I guess. But so is flinging people off bridges.

TUXs
05.08.2013 , 12:42 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kevinor View Post
  1. 12th April 2012 - Novare Coast Warzone
  2. 26th June 2012 - Ranked Warzones Pre-Season 1
  3. 11th December 2012 - Ancient Hypergates Warzone
  4. 9th April 2012 - Improved Bolster

TL;DR: Where is the PvP content? Where is the information on PvP content?
Where?!

Where have you been?

How could you have possibly missed the biggest update???
It's been released already. This years MASSIVE PvP update, has already been released!!!

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree - that was over a freaking year of development to "fix" OW PvP on Ilum. That was it!!!! There are no more plans for PvP in 2013. They want PvP to happen "organically", meaning, 55's in full expertise gear, go around and gank any player who doesn't have it.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.