Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where Is It?

Kevinor
05.07.2013 , 11:30 PM | #1
  1. 12th April 2012 - Novare Coast Warzone
  2. 26th June 2012 - Ranked Warzones Pre-Season 1
  3. 11th December 2012 - Ancient Hypergates Warzone
  4. 9th April 2012 - Improved Bolster

So correct me if I'm wrong; but is the list I've given above an accurate reflection of the major PvP features/content introduced since release? (NB: I'm specifically excluding World PvP and the Ilum debacle and focusing on Warzones/structured PvP)

We now also have enough information about 2.1 to conclude there are no PvP features of any significance coming soon.

So I have a simple question: Where is the PvP content? What reason is there for PvP centric players to continue paying and playing?

I'm aware of two well-known and respected PvP Guilds on two different servers who have folded and/or disbanded this week. This is not a new thing either; I've watched PvPers bleeding from this game since the initial failure to introduce RWZs in 1.2.

And then BioWare asked the PvPers to shell out money just to let them reach the level cap and continue participating in RWZs; and incredibly managed to not include any PvP content in the expansion with the exception of a poorly implemented, poorly tested, and still broken Bolster system.

I don't think PvPers are asking for anything extraordinary. Personally all I'm looking for is a single new warzone every once and a while, some actual information and a road map for Season 1, any kind of information on the PvP roadmap for this game.

I'm sure your metrics tell you that only 2% of the population play RWZs regularly.... but at the rate you're releasing PvP content it will be .1% and you'll lose whatever "hardcore" PvP element still play this game. And I don't think a lot of those people are truly "hardcore" either; many just play for a couple of hours every couple of days but like to play something competitive while they do so.

Anyway; I suspect this isn't likely to get much notice, but it's the first time I've ever bothered posting here in the main forums... and for anyone who knows me they'll appreciate this is a pretty big deal to me. I may be only one customer; but I'm sure there are others out there who agree with me.

TL;DR: Where is the PvP content? Where is the information on PvP content? I'm seeing this game bleeding "good" PvPers and I don't think it would take much to keep at least some of them around... put some more damned effort into it please.
Kevinorz - Coral

Coral Website

heyyogroove
05.07.2013 , 11:58 PM | #2
I couldn't agree more. Also, arenas.
*insert random Latin phrase here*

MotorCityMan
05.08.2013 , 12:08 AM | #3
There isn't much variation in SWTOR pvp. Always 8 man teams, always fighting over 3 nodes, with huttball being a variation on the flag carrying theme. I am not sure where they can go from here if their game engine severely limits the possibilities.

Princz
05.08.2013 , 12:29 AM | #4
we want an anhilation WZ

No objectives ....just kill counts

go in for 10 minutes and kill eachother nothing else
Princz - Sage healer of the Republic
Fantastico - sneaky assasin of the Empire
"idiots are invincible"

Kevinor
05.08.2013 , 12:34 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
There isn't much variation in SWTOR pvp. Always 8 man teams, always fighting over 3 nodes, with huttball being a variation on the flag carrying theme. I am not sure where they can go from here if their game engine severely limits the possibilities.
Well the obvious thing to me would be another Huttball map; but the fundamental point I'm making is that they've given us.... nothing. And they haven't told us about anything that's on the horizon either; so we could be getting Season 1 and a new Warzone in 2.2; or it could be slated for 2.5.
Kevinorz - Coral

Coral Website

Devlonir
05.08.2013 , 12:54 AM | #6
A while ago, an announcement was already made that, for now, the PVP Developers would focus on developing new or improved systems for current PVP instead of focusing on delivering new warzones. Bolster was one of those new systems, one that removed the huge gear gap (once it works bug-free).
Probably the next major system will be improving Ranked Warzones? Or possibly changing the PUG matchmaking to solve some issues like premades and teams of new players being steamrolled? Or something else we haven't considered entirely yet?

PVP is still being developed, just looking at warzones being delivered is a PVE-ers mindset to PVP.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

Glower
05.08.2013 , 01:06 AM | #7
Why do not you understand! This is SO hard to make a small scripted map for those ungrateful pvp players! This is just an incredible achievement for a game company!

SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Pistols
05.08.2013 , 01:11 AM | #8
Depressing.

Kevinor
05.08.2013 , 02:04 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Devlonir View Post
A while ago, an announcement was already made that, for now, the PVP Developers would focus on developing new or improved systems for current PVP instead of focusing on delivering new warzones. Bolster was one of those new systems, one that removed the huge gear gap (once it works bug-free).
Probably the next major system will be improving Ranked Warzones? Or possibly changing the PUG matchmaking to solve some issues like premades and teams of new players being steamrolled? Or something else we haven't considered entirely yet?

PVP is still being developed, just looking at warzones being delivered is a PVE-ers mindset to PVP.
They announced that? Do you have a link? I seem to recall that they confirmed they weren't working on a new Warzone when they released Hypergates... but that's it.

The whole point of my post is to identify the lack of PvP content delivered, to highlight the general dissatisfaction of a significant number of PvPers, and also highlight the lack of information about any upcoming PvP updates.

I didn't even mention the queueing issue they brought in with 2.0 with they somehow can't pin down; which forces groups of players to sit in the same Warzone 5/6/7 times in a row with regularity... nor the significant issues with Bolster when it was first implemented and pushed in with 2.0 when it wasn't close to being ready.... some of those issues which still remain today.

I'm not saying I don't like Bolster either; what I'm saying is that to me it shows a clear lack of resources and/or desire to actually do anything meaningful with PvP that the only PvP feature released is riddles with bugs and still not finished nearly a month later.
Kevinorz - Coral

Coral Website

Devlonir
05.08.2013 , 03:44 AM | #10
I don't remember the exact quote, or even how it was quoted (I think it was an interview..) but it basicly boiled down to them saying that there was nothing to announce concerning a new warzone, but that the focus was now on improving the systems of PVP first.

I believe it was an interview concerning RotHC and the question basicly was: "RotHC doesnt have a warzone, what's in store for PVP players?" or something..

My google-fu failed me though, so I cant give you the exact quote. It is pre-RotHC and most news items concerning TOR PVP nowadays are around complaints concerning Bolster.. so other news is swamped out.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman