Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Other rules

manoelcs
05.07.2013 , 11:05 PM | #1
I wonder if being in the plans of other Devs incrementing rules for the characters? Healer, tanks and dps rules are important but missing controller and other rules...

Sorry for any mistakes, because English is not my native language ...

may the force be with you

nateslice
05.08.2013 , 12:48 AM | #2
They don't really have "controller" and "support" roles here; it's just tank, heal, DPS.

That said, one rule I support for DPS is to protect the healer. The tank protects the whole group from the stronger enemies, so DPS need to protect the healer from the weaker enemies.
Star Wars goodness from Richard Cheese:
Star Wars Cantina
The Imperial March

PanikSpreder
05.08.2013 , 01:01 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by nateslice View Post
They don't really have "controller" and "support" roles here; it's just tank, heal, DPS.

That said, one rule I support for DPS is to protect the healer. The tank protects the whole group from the stronger enemies, so DPS need to protect the healer from the weaker enemies.
Would be nice if everyone understood this, rather then blaiming the tank for a wipe if the healer dies. To some degree its a little (just a tiny bit) more complex being DPS in this game then a face-hitting-keyboard tank - with mob priorities, CC's and protecting the healer from lesser mobs. I like it! On that note, some tanks I've played with are amazing - just gives to show that an intelligent player can make all the difference in the world.

But no need for another role. Support is already mixed into it and the days of Paladins/Clerics standing at the back only buffing is over.