Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why does pub side seem to suck?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why does pub side seem to suck?

WiskyJosh
05.07.2013 , 07:15 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ZoeTuah View Post
I haven't done PvP in SWTOR in forever and a half, but I have noticed that the "bad guy" side in games tends to be better at PvP, and inexplicably and proportionally worse at PvE. How that happens when it's so easy is beyond me, but I've seen if time and again.

Of course, this isn't a set-in-stone rule, just a commonality.
I'm just implying that perhaps the imps have more damage output, or as stated I could be completely wrong

Ratham
05.07.2013 , 07:17 PM | #12
No the imps dont have more damage output. They have better players most of the time since the "evil" faction in MMOs tends to attract a lot of the good pvpers for whatever reason.

As for jedi being OP for being iconic? Uh, no, its a class-based game, it has to be somewhat fair.
1/18/12 - Fail Day - Ilum

WiskyJosh
05.07.2013 , 07:20 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Yes you did, you posted on the forums.

PvP draws a lot of sore-loser types who will naturally gravitate towards whatever is the stronger side, thus making the stronger side stronger. A different server may have a completely different balance.
I'm sorry as if I'm coming across as ignorant but creative criticism is much appreciated. Once more I am a healer, thus, I have no issue in damage output as much as others, most games I do put out 360k plus healing so I do my job I would say rather well. But I was just curious to see if others had the same issues as my dad and brother or is it just them

Lewintelamon
05.07.2013 , 07:23 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by WiskyJosh View Post
I'm sorry as if I'm coming across as ignorant but creative criticism is much appreciated. Once more I am a healer, thus, I have no issue in damage output as much as others, most games I do put out 360k plus healing so I do my job I would say rather well. But I was just curious to see if others had the same issues as my dad and brother or is it just them
I think the operative word, in this case, would be seem. The classes, after all, are mirrored, so any difference in actual ability is merely subjective.

I play both sides. I've seen people say "hai gaiz, why do impz sux so much??"
That which seems like a simple request to the player, often is a maze of red tape, approvals, and procedures to the developers.

Dead horse, meet stick. Stick, dead horse. Beating protocols now engaged.

WiskyJosh
05.07.2013 , 07:23 PM | #15
I understand what your saying and let me reiterate, being an iconic character model one would assume that they may be able to hold their own against most other classes. Btw this is my first mmo I've gotten into

CosmicKat
05.07.2013 , 07:35 PM | #16
No need to be sorry.

Personally, I don't PvP. I used to spread my time on two servers. On one I would hear lots of "Imps suck in PvP" and the other was "Pubs suck in PvP" comments in general chat. I can't say if either statement was accurate or not, but yeah... probably different on different servers, or even different play times.

MidichIorian
05.07.2013 , 07:37 PM | #17
Depends on server. The pub side seems to have stopped Q'ing altogether on some servers (shadowlands), from the look of all the im vs imp, games whereas on other servers you'll win the vast majority of games as a pub (tofn).

Zergnaut
05.07.2013 , 07:38 PM | #18
As the title implies, I'm pretty sure some may share my thoughts as to why in what seems to be every WZ we get slain because a a jug or sorcerer seem to be invincible and asserts their authority on you. Was the imp side upgraded to the point they can steam roll pub or what? As a commando healer I don't notice too much but for my dad (guardian) and my brother (vanguard) they seem to have a prison flashback every time they get into it with an imp guy. And if I'm not mistaken, isn't the guardian supposed to be the iconic Jedi therefore should be some what above par from the rest?
In response to your post I will explain. The Republic tend to have more "solo" but good at PvP Qers in WZ. So during the morning/day they win more; however at night the adult players/guild teams are home from work and tend to Q for in WZ at this time in Teams. So being Republic you face more premade teams who are all in vent/mumble and are well coordinated. That is what I have noticed. I play on two pvp servers and it is the same on both. I can not speak for PvE servers. At night solo Qing on The Bastion I win 65%-70% (Same on POT5 Server maybe slightly higher there). With my Guild we win about 90%+ (Same on POT5 Server).

I hope this helps you.
Sith Warrior (Juggernaut) Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer)

The Sith Always Return. Darkness is necessary for there to be light .

swtonewbie
05.07.2013 , 07:41 PM | #19
I understand what your saying and let me reiterate, being an iconic character model one would assume that they may be able to hold their own against most other classes. Btw this is my first mmo I've gotten into
Doesnt matter if a class/AC is 'iconic' or not, all classes need to be balanced between factions. Just because the hero in the movies is a Jedi, that doesnt mean the Jedi in the games should do 10% more damage over their imperial mirrors, the Sith Warrior. As mentioned above, the difference will be in the player quality. And even though it is not always the case, the theme or feel of the factions storyline does tend to attract certain types of players. If i had to chose between JK and Sith, i would pick Sith. The storyline is a bit better for SW, and the ability animations are even slightly better. JK get force stasis Sith get force choke...JK gets what is it called? force wave and Sith get force growl. Have you ever heard force growl? you sound like a fricking animal. It's little stuff like that...why would i want to sit through 50-55 levels of boring JK dialogue and boring JK fighting animations when i could be doing it on a Sith which I personally find better?
I'm not really a noob...

WiskyJosh
05.07.2013 , 07:45 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Zergnaut View Post
In response to your post I will explain. The Republic tend to have more "solo" but good at PvP Qers in WZ. So during the morning/day they win more; however at night the adult players/guild teams are home from work and tend to Q for in WZ at this time in Teams. So being Republic you face more premade teams who are all in vent/mumble and are well coordinated. That is what I have noticed. I play on two pvp servers and it is the same on both. I can not speak for PvE servers. I hope this helps you.
It does, I typically play mornings and some evenings when I can but it makes logical sense as to why some WZ's I feel violated by a team of corpulent indecent twi'lek assassins. Thanks for the help guys to those of you that responded with useful info