Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Way too much XP

Sephrinx
12.21.2011 , 11:35 AM | #31
Yeah the leveling is incredibly easy, it's ridiculous. Played for 2 days and have a 21 Consular 10 Commando and like, lvl 7 Knight lol...

I think they made it too streamlined, trying to keep the"RPG" feeling and the whole Bioware style Quest mode, with the talking and the dialogue and what not.
But yeah, I agree, way to fast of leveling!!

Maybe that is because endgame is the better part of the game? I dunno..

DemonSoliloquy
12.21.2011 , 01:10 PM | #32
I agree.

dipstik
12.21.2011 , 01:15 PM | #33
what i like is doing class, planet (main chain), bonus, fp, heroics.

AMKSED
12.21.2011 , 01:20 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyrpak View Post
And you haven't been to pvp yet

I was lvl 12 after korriban, with some pvp and ship quests I left drommund kaas at 21, and went to balmorra that is lvl 16-20 range...
Finished balmorra (and some more pvp) at lvl 27, and I'm now going to nar shaddaa, that is lvl 20-24.

I blame this on pvp xp that must be also lowered.
Yes nerf PvP, the thing that a large majority of the players are here for.

Arkhlin
12.21.2011 , 01:33 PM | #35
Agreed! I'm glad I wasn't the only person running into this issue. Just dinged 23 and I'm now starting quests on Balmorra (16-20) planet.

Mortal_Sword
12.21.2011 , 01:38 PM | #36
Folks...if you are just hitting your 20s, your opinion on the matter is ill informed. You haven't hit the "wall" yet, and haven't seen what the last half of the game looks like. Calm down, and realize that perhaps the intention was to have a fast leveling experience early on. Looks to be that way thus far,
Ammanas <Onward>
Jedi Shadow - Mind Trick

unkki
12.21.2011 , 01:48 PM | #37
No thanks, keep it this way or make it faster, end game is fun leveling sucks. Especially when making alt

Mangaminx
12.21.2011 , 02:27 PM | #38
Think my main concern so far is overlevelling content. I actually gave up on Balmorra once I reached the "Bonus-Quest" areas because there was literally so much content it would have made Nar-Shadda obsolete. I was around Level 22 thinking "ok this seems to be working out well" and suddenly enough quests to take me way over the next planets level range were flung at me. I mean lots of content is great but in a way that felt like overkill. Luckily the next planet seems far more structured than Balmorra was.

Kozor
12.21.2011 , 06:55 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBizz View Post
Am I the only one that feels that leveling is too quick? I mean I'm outleveling the content and I'm having a hard time appreciating the quests since missions and simple conversations give so much XP.

I've been playing since the 15th and just reached lv25. The game is great... but progress is so fast I keep telling myself "oh not another level, I just got started here". Best example is when you leave the starter worlds and arrive on your capital city:

I was lv11 then and got all the way to lv12 simply by talking to people. Then i got with some friends and did The Esseless. When I went back to questing I was already 2 levels ahead on everything. I stay out of cantinas and spend as little time in my ship as possible to avoid being rested but I still can't slow the XP down. I skipped half of Taris and did the minimum on Nar Shadda since i was so concerned about overleveling the content.

Anyhow, I believe that reducing general XP would make for more enjoyable progress and pretty much increase the game's lifespan. At that rate people are gonna be crying for an expansion next month.

My opinion.

EDIT: wanted to add a few suggestions

-Make pure conversation quests give little to no XP.
-Bonus quests could increase credits instead of XP (you actually get PAID for the extra effort)
-Space missions could award credits only and become a way to make good money with special objectives or special missions for those willing to invest in their ship
-Reduce the overall XP of missions slightly (would make resting state desirable and would not make missions a pain for those who just want to steamroll through content)

EDIT 2

How about a new feature to micro manage your progress? You already choose your reward, add another option where you choose between XP or more credits.

That way players who want to do everything and see everything can take their time and do so without worrying. You can PvP all you want, do all your daily heroics, daily space missions, flashpoints and bonus series and use your money to have a good time along the way. Heck some folks might take 6 months getting to lv 50 and have a blast doing so while others can get there in a week and get their raids going.

I understand there might be an issue with gold farmers here. Have class and main story missions stay the way they are and only allow the option in side quests. Then again the extra credits rewards could be negligible and serve as an excuse for avoiding the "unwanted" XP.

Yep, I'm actually leaving half of the planets for my 2nd Republic character. I personally am happy I won't have to do the the same quests second time.

Zierk
12.21.2011 , 07:00 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBizz View Post
Am I the only one that feels that leveling is too quick? I mean I'm outleveling the content and I'm having a hard time appreciating the quests since missions and simple conversations give so much XP.

I've been playing since the 15th and just reached lv25. The game is great... but progress is so fast I keep telling myself "oh not another level, I just got started here". Best example is when you leave the starter worlds and arrive on your capital city:

I was lv11 then and got all the way to lv12 simply by talking to people. Then i got with some friends and did The Esseless. When I went back to questing I was already 2 levels ahead on everything. I stay out of cantinas and spend as little time in my ship as possible to avoid being rested but I still can't slow the XP down. I skipped half of Taris and did the minimum on Nar Shadda since i was so concerned about overleveling the content.

Anyhow, I believe that reducing general XP would make for more enjoyable progress and pretty much increase the game's lifespan. At that rate people are gonna be crying for an expansion next month.

My opinion.

EDIT: wanted to add a few suggestions

-Make pure conversation quests give little to no XP.
-Bonus quests could increase credits instead of XP (you actually get PAID for the extra effort)
-Space missions could award credits only and become a way to make good money with special objectives or special missions for those willing to invest in their ship
-Reduce the overall XP of missions slightly (would make resting state desirable and would not make missions a pain for those who just want to steamroll through content)

EDIT 2

How about a new feature to micro manage your progress? You already choose your reward, add another option where you choose between XP or more credits.

That way players who want to do everything and see everything can take their time and do so without worrying. You can PvP all you want, do all your daily heroics, daily space missions, flashpoints and bonus series and use your money to have a good time along the way. Heck some folks might take 6 months getting to lv 50 and have a blast doing so while others can get there in a week and get their raids going.

I understand there might be an issue with gold farmers here. Have class and main story missions stay the way they are and only allow the option in side quests. Then again the extra credits rewards could be negligible and serve as an excuse for avoiding the "unwanted" XP.

I didn't leave Balmorra (16-20 planet for Imperial) until I was lv25 because i wanted to finish everything. I was on my way out at Lv22 then got thrown into the "Balmorra: Bonus Series" quest chain which then lead into a dozen or more quests outside the bonus series lol. I love it but Now i'm going to have to gip my next planet.

EDIT: I did gip Nar Shadda, took me 45 mins to do story-only quests and then I'm off to the next planet. Good thing I did the content in Beta.
||▨╟╬∑|█ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)
"I will not falter, my hate knows no bounds."