Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you prefer ? Transfers or Cartel Customization

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What do you prefer ? Transfers or Cartel Customization

caronome
05.07.2013 , 09:26 PM | #21
I have zero interest in transfers, so cartel customization.

aVmuse
05.07.2013 , 09:50 PM | #22
oceanic player here, could not give a **** about transfers. #serverisdead#serverisdead#serverisdead#serverisde ad#serverisdead#serverisdead#serverisdead#serveris dead#serverisdead#serverisdead#serverisdead

Arkerus
05.07.2013 , 10:09 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I would say customization. But this is naturally hypothetical since a different team seems to work on this kind of content, though I might be wrong.
You nailed it. Threads like this need to die. A team hypothetically working on server transfers would be completely different that the Cartel Market team.

Its painfully obvious a very high portion of this playerbase have never worked in a project oriented corporate environment. I see posts like this every day:

"WAAAAH BIOWARE WHY ARE YOU MAKING CM ITEMS AND NOT FIXING MY BROKEN HELMET?????"

Because they can keep making CM items while they fix your helmet. Maybe the helmet takes time to fix because its complex. There are 100 reasons why something isn't done but people need to stop acting like there is ONE group of people and they do everything.

I didn't write it, but it bears repeating:

http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent...ixed-this-bug/
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

fushnchips
05.07.2013 , 11:17 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
You nailed it. Threads like this need to die. A team hypothetically working on server transfers would be completely different that the Cartel Market team.

Its painfully obvious a very high portion of this playerbase have never worked in a project oriented corporate environment. I see posts like this every day:

"WAAAAH BIOWARE WHY ARE YOU MAKING CM ITEMS AND NOT FIXING MY BROKEN HELMET?????"

Because they can keep making CM items while they fix your helmet. Maybe the helmet takes time to fix because its complex. There are 100 reasons why something isn't done but people need to stop acting like there is ONE group of people and they do everything.

no kidding teams work on different areas of the game but this was just something asking what did people prefer and I like the results it's a good sign that people are really going to get into the customization side of things. Also people are wanting transfers and guess what threads like this will always be around that's what these forums are for if you don't like what people post then don't bother reading or posting on a topic you don't like.
This is just the beginning of a new era so come to me my loyal apprentice

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

SW_display_name
05.08.2013 , 12:01 AM | #25
Well

Transfer would serve me once or twice and then never really matter to me again. Customization, if WoW's barber shop / Race Change features are any indication, is something I'll tinker with and enjoy frequently.

I choose customization.

ScarletBlaze
05.08.2013 , 12:15 AM | #26
Customization.

No need of a transfer for any of my toons. They are all on one server with my friends and guild.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

Aries_cz
05.08.2013 , 12:37 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Your either-or is irrelevant.

It's like asking me if I want a new smart phone or an ice cream cone.

Completely different teams produce each. It's not an either-or.
^ This ^
People need to get the idea of how game development teams work though their often thick skulls. It is not a huge mass of people doing everything, it is composed of specialized teams, which do completely different tasks, and people are usually not "retrained" easily
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

zzoorrzz
05.08.2013 , 12:54 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post

They say they have different teams for everything, but most of the time it looks like they have 1 small team doing everything. Based on the outcome. You can't believe everything they tell you.

chuixupu
05.08.2013 , 02:06 AM | #29
I think the message of this thread is basically another way for APAC people to say they want to get off their dead server.

incidentally, saw this on twitter from the WoW front today:

@Ghostcrawler Is fix for low pop servers coming soon ?Or you just giving us empty promises when you say you are working on it?
@------- This is why we don't like to talk about unannounced features. Suddenly they become empty promises.

lol...different game, same gamers.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Athan-Won
05.08.2013 , 04:11 AM | #30
To fix the game.