Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you prefer ? Transfers or Cartel Customization

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What do you prefer ? Transfers or Cartel Customization

fushnchips
05.07.2013 , 05:48 PM | #1
We all know what we want but let's write about it now I have listed only 2 options to choose from so lets see what's hot and what's not.

Character Transfers or Cartel Customization

for me I do like the idea of being able to do things to my toon that needs changing but I think transfers would be a better option to be able to play on a server of my choice with people and not have 24 people on the republic fleet.
Conquerer of the Galactic Command
Galactic Command Ranks FT 300 JT 300 DF 228 GH 108 SS 42

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

Veteran/Master Operations 100%

Radzkie
05.07.2013 , 05:50 PM | #2
Character customizations.

LordArtemis
05.07.2013 , 05:53 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by elitenz View Post
We all know what we want but let's write about it now I have listed only 2 options to choose from so lets see what's hot and what's not.

Character Transfers or Cartel Customization

for me I do like the idea of being able to do things to my toon that needs changing but I think transfers would be a better option to be able to play on a server of my choice with people and not have 24 people on the republic fleet.
I would say customization. But this is naturally hypothetical since a different team seems to work on this kind of content, though I might be wrong.

MaximusRex
05.07.2013 , 06:00 PM | #4
Customization, as I have no need to transfer.

That said, they would be different teams working on these things as most Cartel stuff is art/systems based, and Transfers probably needs a programmer.

chuixupu
05.07.2013 , 06:01 PM | #5
We're going to get both, eventually. Transfers are coming.

If I had to make a choice though, I'd pick re-customization. I don't really have any dire need to transfer personally, but obviously some people do.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

zzoorrzz
05.07.2013 , 06:04 PM | #6
I don't care about either. What's the trick? I create my chars on the server where I want to play and I create them to look the way I like.

LordArtemis
05.07.2013 , 06:08 PM | #7
I just wanted to add that I don't feel transfers are not important. I think they are good for the health of the game, and its something the community has wanted for a very long time.

I just feel personally that customization is more important in comparison.

Gwena
05.07.2013 , 06:17 PM | #8
Oooo, tough one, it depends on how transfers will be priced. I want to change server type, but I also want to make new characters (with the benefits of my Legacy) without worrying about it costing me $20+ to move each one.

But I did see on a German fansite it was mentioned that character transfers were coming 6-8 weeks after 2.1. At least, that's what Google translate says . . . I wish Bioware would comment in English and let us know if that is true. If it is, I am perfectly glad to be getting customization first.

Anyhow, I think customization will make a lot of people happy, but transfers would make a smaller number of people VERY happy, if that makes any sense.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Please consider using my referral link if you are a new player or a returning subscriber! What you get and more info here.

jarshr
05.07.2013 , 06:20 PM | #9
LOL tell all this to the APAC players, who unlike u guys are STILL waiting on thier merges/transfers.....my scoundrel is the perfect example of how dead my server is, I have battlemaster pieces, columi pieces, champion pieces, and now 1 piece of blackhole......in 9 months its been dead...., Im still wearing the hat piece from APAC launch lol.....

HelinCarnate
05.07.2013 , 06:57 PM | #10
Considering I would have to pay coins or real money for either I would pick transfers. If I could use credits to change my basic look, like hair style and color and facial options then I would go with customization.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.