Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EA quarterly report

DaRoamer
05.07.2013 , 03:42 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
500k ...that means if you follow the "measurable loss rate" belief that we were somewhere south of 350k (arguable, but I tend to think it's likely) subs that's quite a rebound

I am glad to see it.
Not sure where you are getting that all. They said subs are currently at just under half a million and still growing.

DaRoamer
05.07.2013 , 03:44 PM | #22
They also stated that Bioware is already working on a new Star Wars game.

aeterno
05.07.2013 , 03:44 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DaRoamer View Post
They also stated that Bioware is already working on a new Star Wars game.
Oh my...

Jamus_Divinus
05.07.2013 , 03:45 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
Oh my...
Indeed...
Star Wars Galaxies - Bria Server - April 2005- December 2011
200,000,000+ Mounts:192/206 Pets:170/178
Achievement points:26700 Ships mastered: 21/24

LordArtemis
05.07.2013 , 03:45 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DaRoamer View Post
Not sure where you are getting that all. They said subs are currently at just under half a million and still growing.
500k is half a million all day you know

And the 350k number was proposed by some community members, following the sub losses from peak backward all the way before the staff Armageddon and the launch of F2P/Market. It is an assumed number knowing the prior loss rate announced by EA...which of course were usually not concrete numbers to begin with.

Andryah
05.07.2013 , 03:47 PM | #26
And the 350k number was proposed by some community members, following the sub losses from peak backward all the way before the staff Armageddon and the launch of F2P/Market. It is an assumed number knowing the prior loss rate announced by EA...which of course were usually not concrete numbers to begin with.
True.. but that was the usual negative smoke an mirrors forum stuff more then anything else. Not even analysts were pushing that number around. We will never know the details of the rebound numbers on the game.. only quarterly brush strokes like what is coming out in the call.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

DaRoamer
05.07.2013 , 03:47 PM | #27
500k is half a million all day you know

Oops, sorry, I read your post wrong, I missed the word "were". I thought you were saying we were actually at 350k. Apologies.

Angedechu
05.07.2013 , 03:48 PM | #28
500k subs after one year is not the best ''growth'' ever.

I'm very happy that Bioware is making a SW game for the new trilogy, this said.

DaRoamer
05.07.2013 , 03:49 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
Oh my...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamus_Divinus View Post
Indeed...
I'm listening to this live (it's still going) so I'll have to check the transcript but from memory they were talking about Bioware working on a new single player game. As far as I remember they said it as if the game has already been in development before this new deal was announced.

Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
Who said that?

Andryah
05.07.2013 , 03:51 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
All that counts anymore is average revenue per active account. This is the standard of measure for non-sub only MMOs Angedechu. Revenue DOUBLED, if I understood earlier comment here correctly.

Sub numbers became secondary as soon as the game went F2P. It's still an important internal measure for them as it is used to keep track of conversion rates and movement rates in and out of the game, but that's about it. And some players still fixate on sub numbers or course.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.