Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EA quarterly report

Angedechu
05.07.2013 , 03:33 PM | #11
Yes, shoot the messenger...but it's kinda strange that they mention in their presentation the deal with Disney, and not the game they do have.

I know that a press release is different, but the press release is supposed to contain the highlights.

DaRoamer
05.07.2013 , 03:36 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
Yes, shoot the messenger...but it's kinda strange that they mention in their presentation the deal with Disney, and not the game they do have.

I know that a press release is different, but the press release is supposed to contain the highlights.
The call is still going on, I'm listening to it now. SWTOR was mentioned more than once. Subs still growing.

Darth_Moonshadow
05.07.2013 , 03:37 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
INB4 the "stick a fork it it, it's done" crowd cry about the news that the game is not going to shut down anytime soon.
Oh no, they'll be saying "Well clearly EA is just hyping the numbers. Most of the money obviously came after firing all those employees and cutting the customer service budget. Game r fial qq"
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

bionamaster
05.07.2013 , 03:37 PM | #14
Well, this should silence the majority of the "SWTOR IS FAILING! SKY IS FALLIN!" crowd. And for those of you who are thinking, "BUT F2PERS DONT SPEND MONEY!", two words: Cartel Coins. Three more? They buy them.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

tanerb
05.07.2013 , 03:37 PM | #15
interesting, summary at gamespot does not say anything about swtor

As part of its latest financial report today, Electronic Arts announced that FIFA 13 has sold over 14.5 million units, up 30 percent over FIFA 12. In addition, SimCity sales have climbed to 1.6 million copies worldwide, 50 percent of which came through digital sales.

Other highlights in the report included Battlefield 3 Premium generating over $120 million in revenue from more than 3.5 million subscriptions to date. FIFA 13 sales are up 30 percent year-over-year and digital revenue for the game hit $200 million, up 94 percent from last year. With FIFA Online and FIFA World Class Soccer sales factored in, total FIFA digital net revenue was $350 for fiscal 2013.

The Simpsons: Tapped out was a top iOS game for EA, generating close to $10 million in digital net revenue in March alone and almost $50 million since it launched in August. The company's new driving game Real Racing 3 was downloaded over 30 million times and has 2.5 million daily active users since its launch in March, EA said.

EA's Origin platform now has over 47 million registered users (up from 39 million at the end of December), including 20 million mobile users. And for the trailing twelve-month period, company-wide digital revenue jumped 36 percent to an all-time high of $1.7 billion.

Also interesting is below part:

We are holding our FY 2014 operating expenses flat to the prior year--a significant achievement in a console transition year

Andryah
05.07.2013 , 03:37 PM | #16

This is normal for press releases on quarterly earnings. The analyst Q&A is where the real commentary and nuance comes out.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

LordArtemis
05.07.2013 , 03:37 PM | #17
500k ...that means if you follow the "measurable loss rate" belief that we were somewhere south of 350k (arguable, but I tend to think it's likely) subs that's quite a rebound

I am glad to see it.

Angedechu
05.07.2013 , 03:39 PM | #18
As I said, they specifically mention ''The Simpsons Taped Out'' in the press release, but not TOR.

Andryah
05.07.2013 , 03:40 PM | #19
As I said, they specifically mention ''The Simpsons Taped Out'' in the press release, but not TOR.
Wait and read the transcript from the analyst call, particularly the Q&A Angedechu.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

WarGame
05.07.2013 , 03:42 PM | #20
If the sub numbers include the people that subbed to buy makeb for half price I wouldn't pay to much attention to that yet. Otherwise any kind of fiscal growth is a good thing