Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't do flashpoints for 3 days now....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can't do flashpoints for 3 days now....

lironBD
05.07.2013 , 12:36 PM | #1
Very frustrating...

I took the time to level up my smuggler so I'll have complete 8 stories, so I'm doing the flashpoints as I get them.

To my surprise it seems bad players are all over the place...
And by bad I mean:
* The silent one - this players do not speak, use chat or look at the chat at all.
* The kamikaze - this guys think they are rambo or something charging at everything without waiting for the other group members.
* The Players with short term memory - this guys will be mostly tanks and healers, and I'll give an example: Just did Mando raiders story mod and we are at the 4 imps team boss, tank charge at one of them leaving the others to attack the healer. The healer after first, second and third wipe change his tactics and listen to the other player's tips and last longer while the tank keep doing the same all over again and again and again. after 5 wipes in which at one of them me and the other dps managed to solo the last of the bosses to 100hp before we wiped I had to quit.

So for few days now I can't get a competent team which do the bare minimum of learning from their mistakes and try to improve on the next try, worst then those above are the obvious trolling types which tank without a shield or healer with dps tree on their skills.

I call out to whomever read this... If you do low level or any level group content it's not about the mission or e-peen stroking is about the - group. so Start communicating with each other and work as a group.

rant over.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

http://www.swtor.com/r/NP7bNn \ Buddy invite

SlimsPicken
05.07.2013 , 12:42 PM | #2
Bad teammates affect FTP way more than subs.

As a sub, I can freely leave bad situations like these, and have no issues just queueing another FP with another team.

With limited FP/OPs runs per week, the problem is magnified so if you get some clueless players on team, they can indeed basically ruin your week of running FPs.

sad, but thats life. Out of 100 people, maybe 10 are competent in any given action.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

chuixupu
05.07.2013 , 12:54 PM | #3
I've leveled a lot of alts, and sometimes you just get crap luck with group members at any given time. Which is why I like to be an overgeared healer. I can make up for a good amount of stupid in lower levels.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Kilora
05.07.2013 , 12:57 PM | #4
Reading this makes me feel really bad for you. . .

But, makes me feel insanely lucky. I've literally never had a problem with groups sub-55. Through 4 characters currently 50+, and 4 sitting between 20-45, I've only once had a "bad" person. And they just needed someone to explain "Let the tank do all of that -- you'll die too quickly in here."

Asavar
05.07.2013 , 01:00 PM | #5
Somebody choosing not to talk doesn't make them bad.

Is it an issue if they don't know what they're doing? Yes.

But not every player that chooses not to converse is bad.

SamuraBob_Fl
05.07.2013 , 01:17 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Asavar View Post
Somebody choosing not to talk doesn't make them bad.

Is it an issue if they don't know what they're doing? Yes.

But not every player that chooses not to converse is bad.
That's what I noticed too. A lot of the smoothest runs I've done had very few chat messages, as everyone knew the fights and kept moving at a fast pace. The tank chain pulled and people only spoke when there was something relevant/important to say.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE

lironBD
05.07.2013 , 01:26 PM | #7
I didn't explained myself...

didn't talk is:

I tell teh tank he is using dps stance and he need to switch, Tank ignores me.. say nothing... and continue onward.

chuixupu
05.07.2013 , 01:36 PM | #8
^ more likely, he can't read.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

scraycroft
05.07.2013 , 01:40 PM | #9
Re-roll as Tank or healer and you don't have to worry about incompetence.
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.

lironBD
05.07.2013 , 01:47 PM | #10
some clarification is required.
I have 9 alts, 1 for each race for the legacy unlock... my point was to do every unlock i can through gameplay and not through credits.

I got Sith Sorcerer healer 55
Cyborg Powertech tank 55
Zabrak marauder dps 55
Rattataki Operative healer 55
Chiss Mercenery DPs 36

pub side...
Mirakula Shadow Tank 50
Human Commando Healer 50
Miralan Guardian Tank 43
Twe'lak Gunslinger DPS 24

My goal right now is level all my republic alts to 50 then do makeb and get 55 with all my alts so I get the unlocks for legacy... but as you can see I've got every type of Advanced class in the game already so there comes a time when you have to put up with the situation... like I'm having for few days now :X