Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just spent 80 bucks on coins....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Just spent 80 bucks on coins....

Capt_Beers
05.07.2013 , 01:35 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
2 Barrels
2 Crystals
7 Armor pieces
9 Mods
7 Enhancements

This would kill crafters. Most of their income comes from people leveling toons.

Field vendor - turns your ship droid into a field vendor that works the same way it does on the ship. Only works out of combat. All group members can use. In game already
Field cargo - Your droid provides access to your cargo bay. Only works outside of combat. All group members can use. Would be great
Field mail - Your droid provides access to your mailbox. Only works outside of combat. All group members can use. In game already
Field respec - Your droid provides the ability to respec in the field. Only works outside of combat. All group members can use. In game already

Ship combat droid - unlock the ability to summon your droid to your cargo bay and engage in one on one combat. Droid will fight you as equipped until either he is defeated or you are. There is no damage inflicted on gear as a result of this kind of duel. Has a cost of 2000 EC per battle. Why?

Ship combat droid mark 2 - reduces cost to 200 EC per battle and allows Strong and Elite modes.
Ship combat droid mark 3 - removes EC cost and allows Champion mode.

And eventually.....

Companion duel - unlock the ability to summon one of your companions to your cargo bay to engage in a friendly duel. Companion will fight until one of you is defeated. There is no damage inflicted on gear as a result of this kind of duel. Meh. Would require a bunch of changes to the companion combat system.

I would also suggest two further items that would be valuable I think to players, especially casual ones.

Reinforcement - Unlock legacy ability to summon an additional companion for 30 seconds to fight by your side. 4 hour cooldown.
Backup - Unlock legacy ability to call in temporary backup from one of your other same faction characters in your legacy as family or allies, controlled by the AI for 30 seconds. AI assigns normal comp abilities the are the closest match to your characters class. 12 hour cooldown.

Meh.

The latter works as a companion with your characters level, appearance and equipment. Reinforcement and Backup would not work in instances of any kind or PVP.

Now on to legacy crafting.

I would like to see a legacy unlock perk that allows you to add yourself to the list of available crew that can craft when using the crafting window. The perk would unlock a crafting station on your ship that allows you to que 5 items to craft just like your companions. There are some perks, however, to you doing the crafting directly with your companions...

Ship crafting station - This perk unlocks a ship crafting console on your vessel that allows you to personally craft items as an available crew member in the crafting window list. You must be near the crafting station for this to work. As a personal crafter you get a bonus to both crafting time (10 percent reduction) and chance for exceptional results (10 percent increase) for the items that you personally craft. This station has an EC cost of 2000 EC per crafting session.

Ship crafting station level 2 - reduces cost to 200 EC per session, increases percentage reduction and boosts to 25 percent.
Ship crafting station level 3 - removes EC cost, increases percentage reduction and boosts to 50 percent.

An increase in crafting crits that much would ruin the economy. And having some sort of reward for something that could be so easily botted while AFK seems like a bad plan.

Thanks for your time. I may add more items later.
Responses in bold
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

LordArtemis
05.07.2013 , 01:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuraBob_Fl View Post
We already have field vendor, mail, and respec. Your group can already use your field droids.
Yes, but there are limitations. They are only temporary with a cooldown if I remember right. Your ship droid is a summoned companion that can come instantly and remain as long as you would like. It also gives you these options on your ship from one source...not to mention the droid can also be a companion if you want, so you carry your access to these features everywhere you go.

The idea is that the unlocks for the individual field droids would be cheaper than the all in one, never despawn option. It also makes the ship droid a much more appealing companion.

Flintfire
05.07.2013 , 01:46 PM | #14
The companion reinforcement thing sounds cool. Or if you could do a super one that summons all your companions into battle at once on 24 hour cooldown. For 30 seconds. I would get that.
Infyrno/Infyrnex Infyrnus/Infyrnal
Leiptr Venaticus
Slaughtor Evisceran/Karrnivore
Sleipe/Medyc Desolus/Tyrantix

GM of Oblivion

Asavar
05.07.2013 , 01:54 PM | #15
Nope.

Capt_Beers
05.07.2013 , 01:57 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Flintfire View Post
The companion reinforcement thing sounds cool. Or if you could do a super one that summons all your companions into battle at once on 24 hour cooldown. For 30 seconds. I would get that.
All I can think of when I read this is the supers in Marvel vs. Capcom where your whole team would jump in.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Joesixxpack
05.07.2013 , 02:08 PM | #17
Get any good swag?

-Wes-
05.07.2013 , 02:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Flintfire View Post
While it is completely unnecessary, I thought the Reinforcement / Backup ideas were pretty cool. I especially like the Backup idea in that it adds an element of interconnectedness between the characters if you can interact with more than one at the same time. That just seems really cool to me. I would like to see something like this available with a longer increment, but perhaps with a longer cool down as well. Like, an hour every 24 hours, or something. For questing out in the world, that would just be seriously cool.

I also like the idea of the all-in-one service droid. Yes, most of those features are available elsewhere, but give me a reason to use my ship droid!

In general, I vote for more global unlocks and fewer character perks. For example, put all of the XP bonuses and companion/skill perks within the character section, but put the ship terminals, fast travel, field droids, etc., in the global section (or both global and character to increase player choice).
Tras
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/

Referral Link

Andryah
05.07.2013 , 03:10 PM | #19
I would have to disagree, considering that you can buy full sets of armor with the mods already installed and remove them. So it's the same thing...it just separates them to add convenience and increase profitability.

Besides, people scream that already based on the crystals.
Yeah the problem here is the player community, not what you are asking for. Some of the community is just looking for any opportunity to start P2W wars in the forum. It happened when the gear with mods went in the market... it happened with the crystals went into the market....heck it even happened when they introduced cartel rep for buyers of cartel packs.

Besides, mods for weapons and armor are the easiest thing in the world to get in game. It has no unique appearance value or anything else of note. As for your other suggestions.. no.. again.. it incites the P2W wars crowd as well.

All your suggestion does is get the natives worked up.
A Good Read ---> Truth Decay - An Initial Exploration of the Diminishing Role of Facts and Analysis in American Public Life. Source: Rand Corporation https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR2314.html

SamuraBob_Fl
05.07.2013 , 03:11 PM | #20
Yes, but there are limitations. They are only temporary with a cooldown if I remember right. Your ship droid is a summoned companion that can come instantly and remain as long as you would like. It also gives you these options on your ship from one source...not to mention the droid can also be a companion if you want, so you carry your access to these features everywhere you go.

The idea is that the unlocks for the individual field droids would be cheaper than the all in one, never despawn option. It also makes the ship droid a much more appealing companion.
You can buy the CD down to 15 minutes, and there's no reason you'd need the repair vendor/mail more often than that. You can use them everywhere you go. And it's better than putting that function on the ship droid. As it is, each op member can use their droids on demand. Changing it to the companion would cause problems for full ops/fp groups, it would actually be less convenient than the status quo.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE