Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech: Tanking Mods?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Cybertech: Tanking Mods?!

DougYoung
12.23.2011 , 06:27 AM | #21
everyone who is annoyed by this issue please make an ingame ticket so bioware gets the picture and hopefully does something. I think the more people who make the ticket the better. just some clarification it is being looked at would be great!

Qune
02.08.2012 , 09:20 AM | #22
bump...

So are we stuck RE'ing lvl 37 mods? Is that the highest Defense stat available?

Taishomaro
02.28.2012 , 03:49 PM | #23
I've just been using the best strength + end mod that you can buy and recently have been swithching out for better mods that have def that i got from quests on corellia
When you reverse engineer mods all you can get is one with boosted stats. Only items can get schematics that have additional stats added

Scootboy
04.02.2012 , 11:18 AM | #24
Like everyone else, I am having problems figuring out which green Mod RE's into a Rdoubt version. On the bright side, it can at least be done by the game, as I got a glove drop at 43 that had a veracity Mod in it that gave defense. (purple)

Chadnab
04.02.2012 , 12:08 PM | #25
Unlike earpieces where you can get several blues per green, and several purples per blue if you RE them, the mods are strictly a linear RE. You cannot RE a mod to a Redoubt or Critical version of the mod or anything like what you can do with an earpiece. The tanking mods you are looking for are not available to us in game right now to craft. Once 1.2 drops and we are able to RE and learn the schematics for end game mods then we will be able to craft them. Until then, you will not be able to craft any mod that is not given by the crafting trainer. HOWEVER, I haven't tried buying a ton with commendations and RE'ing them to see if I can learn the schematic. It might work if you try that but then again I believe those are only <50 level mods so can't help you there.

Rhaphael
04.02.2012 , 12:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Chadnab View Post
HOWEVER, I haven't tried buying a ton with commendations and RE'ing them to see if I can learn the schematic. It might work if you try that but then again I believe those are only <50 level mods so can't help you there.
That has been tried by others and the general conclusion is you can't learn anything from RE'ing mods you can't also naturally learn.