Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech: Tanking Mods?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Cybertech: Tanking Mods?!

12.21.2011 , 11:35 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Urial View Post
I have reverse engineered lower mods to get the defense mods, just keep at it.
are you re-ing vendor greens to get the guardian armor? and guiardian mods?
Peace is a lie. There is only passion
I Support SGRA In the Old Republic

12.21.2011 , 01:24 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by NeoSpud View Post
I'll have a look and report my findings tonight. My cybertech is at 390 and should be 400 tonight. I'm sure i've seen defense stats somewhere. What primary stat am I looking for a tank mod for?
Still REing several hours later with no new schematics. Looking for specifically STR and END and Defense. END should be higher than STR.

12.21.2011 , 01:31 PM | #13
So, the only mod on the trainer that has STR/END is the Potent 16A. I finally got a new schematic off it from REing and it went from:

Potent 16A
21 STR
12 END
+3 Crit

Potent 16A
26 STR
15 END
+4 Crit

Should this RE into a Tank version also w/ More END than STR and +DEF? This whole thing is confusing because I was using the Guardian Mods till around 33 when they disapeared from the Commendation vendors...

12.21.2011 , 01:59 PM | #14
No a dps mod should RE in to better dps mods. The trick will be just finding the mod designed for tanking. I'm at work but i'll have a look and possibly test since I have plenty of lower level mats left over.

12.21.2011 , 03:45 PM | #15
That's what I have found to be the case so far. So, the question begs is did they just leave the Tank Mods off? There were tank mods at lower levels and they all changed around at 33ish.

Also, how do you change the time on these forums? I can't find it anywhere in preferences.

12.21.2011 , 05:36 PM | #16
Start with a green mod, and RE that untill you proc a Redoubt pattern off it. (1/3 chance when you get a green->blue pattern proc)

That will give it +defense.

After that, you can continue REing the blue to try to get an artifact veracity mod for +shields. (1/5 chance from a blue -> purple pattern proc off a redoubt)

If your starting with a blue that doesnt have tank stats on it already, you are not helping the tanky factor :P

start with a green with stats you like, and go from there.

12.21.2011 , 06:24 PM | #17
I havent had one mod from green to blue with any different stats. For example if a mod has 11 willpower and 7 endurance at green stage it just goes to like 13 willpower 9 endurance at the blue stage. I cant seem to find out how to get the additional stats like defence, absorbtion, shield etc I think its around lvl 14 mod they start changing a bit and the names totally change.

Like I have a mod thats 14A and gives Will, endurance and crit or power. power and crit seem to be the only secondary stat that the vendors offer. Torhead/Darth hater seem to show a LOAD more mods than ive seen.

just seems like they didn't add everything in.

12.21.2011 , 06:36 PM | #18
for example:

Reinforced Mod 16
Binds on Equip
Mod (Item Modifications)
Total Stats:
+8 Endurance
+18 Willpower
+10 Defense Rating
Requires Level 37

There is also an A and B version of it with slightly different stat allocations. These mods arent on the trainers so where are they??

12.21.2011 , 07:09 PM | #19
Exactly my point. I picked up Cybertech to outfit my Orange armor with mods and armor pieces. I am a tank but don't see any tank mods on the trainers. I haven't had one RE yet turn into a defensive mod. If anyone else has please share!

12.22.2011 , 09:19 PM | #20
bump - anyone figured this out yet? I have a feeling the mods were just left out for some unknown reason...