Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech: Tanking Mods?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Cybertech: Tanking Mods?!

Anundir
12.21.2011 , 01:16 AM | #1
Where are the tanking mods for armor? You can buy Guardian Mod 12, 13 etc from commendation vendors but you can't make these mods as a Cybertech? The mods that are available on the Cybertech Trainer are not built for tanking. So, am I forced to spend commendation tokens on these mods that I should be able to make?

Urial
12.21.2011 , 01:29 AM | #2
I have reverse engineered lower mods to get the defense mods, just keep at it.

Anundir
12.21.2011 , 01:35 AM | #3
Which lower end mod specifically? And Torhead doesn't show the Guardian Mod, it just shows the Guardian Armor piece...

Aramoro
12.21.2011 , 01:51 AM | #4
At around 250 skill the mods and armoring gets alot more specific. Several stat-possibilities for each type of class.
Winter is coming.

Anundir
12.21.2011 , 02:00 AM | #5
Ya, that's where I am now I have 310 Cybertech and am looking for the tanking Mod to make and place in my Orange armor. The only Guardian items in my list are the Armor pieces. The Mods are all DPS mods. Do the DPS mods RE into Tanking mods?

Anundir
12.21.2011 , 09:27 AM | #6
Anyone know if these things truely exist? Working on REing the level 35 mods now and have had no success so far gettting defensive mods back.

Again I am looking for tanking mods which are not listed on the trainer recipes.

NeoSpud
12.21.2011 , 09:48 AM | #7
It depends on your class. If STR is your primary stat, look for two mods with STR/END at the same level. Then look at which has more END than STR. The other should have more STR than END. The one with the higher END is your tanking mod. Then simply RE the green until you get a blue recipe and RE the blue recipe until you get the purple recipe. You should see additional tanking stats on the new recipes. It's the same for willpower based tanks.

Anundir
12.21.2011 , 09:55 AM | #8
That's the problem. There is only 1 STR + END mod on the recipe trainer and that mod favors STR and has CRIT on it. (Potent XXA) The mod names all changed around 33 to XXA and the Guardian Mods disapeared off the commendation vendors.

Just trying to find out if they really exist before I spend all day REing Potent mods...(Which I am doing now)

Gharrek
12.21.2011 , 10:04 AM | #9
Its all about the RE process. idk about the higher end mods/armors for sure yet, but I know RE'ing the earpieces, even at sub-200 I'm getting two blues per green for my trooper, 1 w/defense and 1w/crit

NeoSpud
12.21.2011 , 11:22 AM | #10
I'll have a look and report my findings tonight. My cybertech is at 390 and should be 400 tonight. I'm sure i've seen defense stats somewhere. What primary stat am I looking for a tank mod for?