Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A Rough Commando Healing Guide


Afieri's Avatar


Afieri
05.25.2013 , 08:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by haksilence View Post
@Afieri
Thank you for your very helpful feedback and pleasant addition to this thread.
Its I believe that one of my specs is similar to the one you provided. I will look them over, I generally shy away from survivability things, they are better for PvP. In a PvE environment, assuming that you take 100k damage over a boss fight that 4 % extra DR saved you a whopping (sorry for sarcasm) 4k damage, which is easily much less than the over heal provided by KB or your off healers Salvation or slow release med pack.

Its simply not my preference. By in good faith I will add it to my list.
Do you ever get that feeling of realisation that you have an absolute derp? Because I have that right now . the only way I could get away with saying the 4% DR is better is because you have to spend a GCD to use concussion charge that could be better spent on another ability, but CC has the magical ability of healing others and generally you won't be taking 100k damage in a boss fight. Don't put that build in your guide, I am ashamed of it haha. Maybe take reduced cost of CC and CG and put that point into steady hands? I just really don't like pushback, too much time pvping and throwing a Hail Mary heal in PVE only to find that some wimpy little add hit me for 100dmg and it knocked my heal back by .3 of a second and my tank died .

One other thing you could mention (just a little nuance) is that when you drop Kolto bomb, try to drop it not only on people, but on where people are going to run through in the next 4 seconds, especially when SCC is up because it applies all buffs attached to KB when people run through the green mist.
Warstalker Elai'a

Land rights for gay whales.

FreezeOnDrums's Avatar


FreezeOnDrums
05.27.2013 , 11:42 AM | #22
Great thread! Thanks for putting it together.
Wargard, GM of the Republic guild No Sleep Till Kessel

RuQu's Avatar


RuQu
05.28.2013 , 08:44 AM | #23
Some commentary:
  1. A typo: Under "the Basics" you say "KB (for single heal and KP)". Pretty sure you mean KR instead of KP.
  2. Under Intermediate, make a point to mention that a KB dropped right at the end of SCC can provide the shield for the entire duration it takes to recharge 30 stacks of CSC. It lasts 15s, and a zero alacrity HS provides 3 stacks every 1.5s. 100% shield uptime on the tank and melee is easily doable with any alacrity.
  3. I'd recommend changing your terminology to avoid saying "tanking your ammo." This is clearly an idiomatic choice by you, and while it may be common among your friends it is not a universal term. This game is pretty easy, so there are plenty of young players. There are also lots of non-native English speakers. Try more common language like "If your ammo drops too low."
  4. Nothing about "the Kithide" sounds overly advanced. It sounds like "when the content is easy enough to not require rolling SCC to maximize healing...don't. But when it does, do. You'll be less efficient, but honestly it doesn't matter on most content when you have decent gear because this game is really quite easy." No new techniques are mentioned.
  5. "Kithide" and "Kit Style" are strange terms that apparently are meaningful to you, but not to the general audience. Try replacing them with "Advanced." And then put some advanced guidance in that section.
  6. Consider mentioning use of RPC and Tech Override in the Advanced section since you don't mention it under Basic or Intermediate.
  7. Full Auto and Charged Bolts are free under SCC. Hammer Shot is always free. Consider discussion of when to DPS and when not to. I realize that this is "whenever you can afford to not heal," but a guide should mention it so that those just learning see that written out. You'd be amazed how many healers never do damage because "that's not my role." A dead boss can't hurt anyone.
  8. Discussion of placement of CW heals and about when to use TP on the tank vs yourself. Again, pretty obvious, but a guide needs to assume some people are just reading up on a class/role they have never played before.
Brushing off the dust on my Assault Cannon. Time to get back in the fight.

haksilence's Avatar


haksilence
05.28.2013 , 01:34 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by RuQu View Post
Some commentary:
  1. A typo: Under "the Basics" you say "KB (for single heal and KP)". Pretty sure you mean KR instead of KP.
  2. Under Intermediate, make a point to mention that a KB dropped right at the end of SCC can provide the shield for the entire duration it takes to recharge 30 stacks of CSC. It lasts 15s, and a zero alacrity HS provides 3 stacks every 1.5s. 100% shield uptime on the tank and melee is easily doable with any alacrity.
  3. I'd recommend changing your terminology to avoid saying "tanking your ammo." This is clearly an idiomatic choice by you, and while it may be common among your friends it is not a universal term. This game is pretty easy, so there are plenty of young players. There are also lots of non-native English speakers. Try more common language like "If your ammo drops too low."
  4. Nothing about "the Kithide" sounds overly advanced. It sounds like "when the content is easy enough to not require rolling SCC to maximize healing...don't. But when it does, do. You'll be less efficient, but honestly it doesn't matter on most content when you have decent gear because this game is really quite easy." No new techniques are mentioned.
  5. "Kithide" and "Kit Style" are strange terms that apparently are meaningful to you, but not to the general audience. Try replacing them with "Advanced." And then put some advanced guidance in that section.
  6. Consider mentioning use of RPC and Tech Override in the Advanced section since you don't mention it under Basic or Intermediate.
  7. Full Auto and Charged Bolts are free under SCC. Hammer Shot is always free. Consider discussion of when to DPS and when not to. I realize that this is "whenever you can afford to not heal," but a guide should mention it so that those just learning see that written out. You'd be amazed how many healers never do damage because "that's not my role." A dead boss can't hurt anyone.
  8. Discussion of placement of CW heals and about when to use TP on the tank vs yourself. Again, pretty obvious, but a guide needs to assume some people are just reading up on a class/role they have never played before.
1)
Nope, it is there as intended to indicate Kolto Pods, this is under the assumption that KR is already active as its listed much higher in the priority Que.

2) Thank you for reminding me of this substantial strategy, i use this method personally but i suppose in my typing it had slipped my mind, thank you.

3) Excellent point, will proofread and change for easier comprehension.

4) The Kithide Section is more or less to add a tad of personality and humor to the guide to break up the monotany and walls of text as to make it slightly more memorable, also it introduces the use of SCC for its energy management, but addmittedly there is not much different between intermediate and "the Kithide".
I will Replace The intermediate with The Advanced to make things more clear.

5) see above, Kithide is my Commando.

6) these are both mentioned with their appropriate usages in "The Abilities and Tallents" section.

7) I shall Make a point to this in "The Advanced" section since the basic technique uses SCC as an emergency cooldown rather than a rolling buff and thus the free charged bolts and free full auto are irrelevant because any instance that a "Basic" commando would be using SCC would be in an "Oh **** moment" and probabl wouldnt be DPSing much.
Regardless another good point.

8)I assume you meen KW as in kolto wave,
Excelent point.
as for TP I have it stated that this is to be on the tank at all times, I shall change the wording here to "Target sustaining highest damage or anticipated damage" or something along those lines.

Thank you RuQu, very valuable input, I am updating the guide now. please if you see anything else out of place or you come across any mechanics that may have slipped my mind please dont withhold.
10/10 NiM Dread Ops
Archon Jaberse, Captain Morgan Spice'rum, Gatecrasher Kithide Ameranthine
<Aisthesis> and <Postmortem>
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Mr. Captain Morgan Roll/Rummaster ^^

rjavig's Avatar


rjavig
05.29.2013 , 03:53 PM | #25
I like your guide for the most part being a commando healer i can see where you get your rotation. I dont know if this point was said or not but the only thing i dont agree with is your skill builds.. in fact i would not use any of those 3 (not trying to sound rude). the reason being is your gimping yourself in all 3 builds by adding psych aid. yes it might sound like your going to heal more but in reality how many times do you use your cleanse ability? i dont use it as much and that 1k heal isnt much to go gaga over and if your just trying to do heals then it would be wiser for a kb or adv probe. or any other heal for that fact. The best build I have noticed for me at least is 36/8/2. for combat medic the things i left out were combat shield, med zone, treated wounds, and psych aid. Of course though psych aid and efficient conversions can be a skill that might not matter much and be a personal players taste but in my opinion making your cc free makes its much more reliable as a raid heal then having it cost you ammo. especially when bosses have aoe raid damage where you can throw kolto bomb and also do cc right after and healer everyone. even up to 16 with kp and cc. usually with this build i give out above 3.2k - 3.5k hps or around there (in flashpoints hard mode) then maybe 3.5k - 3.8k hps (in 8 man ops) and for 16 man i hit around 3.6k-4.2k hps usually now and sometimes a bit higher, and for gear now..

I have my gear stated to give me 955 bonus heal, 30% crit, and 75% surge with 4.17% alacrity. this way my heals can be optimized and i can throw up to even 10k heals. the reason alacrity is only 4% is because with our buff first responder it'll boost it to 7% or 8% (cant rmbr) and its very easy to crit and keep that up. then for augments i would recommend power and not aim just due to the fact that power gives more heal boost then aim and is more reliablet o give it a better upgrade. Though this build and optimization is mre for if your running a lot of operations and flashpoints. anyways nice guide still!
55 commando Xaviier 55 Guardian Zaviier
55 sorcerer Zavir 55 operative Xenvier
The Harbinger - <Old Guard>

haksilence's Avatar


haksilence
05.29.2013 , 06:53 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by rjavig View Post
I like your guide for the most part being a commando healer i can see where you get your rotation. I dont know if this point was said or not but the only thing i dont agree with is your skill builds.. in fact i would not use any of those 3 (not trying to sound rude). the reason being is your gimping yourself in all 3 builds by adding psych aid. yes it might sound like your going to heal more but in reality how many times do you use your cleanse ability? i dont use it as much and that 1k heal isnt much to go gaga over and if your just trying to do heals then it would be wiser for a kb or adv probe. or any other heal for that fact. The best build I have noticed for me at least is 36/8/2. for combat medic the things i left out were combat shield, med zone, treated wounds, and psych aid. Of course though psych aid and efficient conversions can be a skill that might not matter much and be a personal players taste but in my opinion making your cc free makes its much more reliable as a raid heal then having it cost you ammo. especially when bosses have aoe raid damage where you can throw kolto bomb and also do cc right after and healer everyone. even up to 16 with kp and cc. usually with this build i give out above 3.2k - 3.5k hps or around there (in flashpoints hard mode) then maybe 3.5k - 3.8k hps (in 8 man ops) and for 16 man i hit around 3.6k-4.2k hps usually now and sometimes a bit higher, and for gear now..

I have my gear stated to give me 955 bonus heal, 30% crit, and 75% surge with 4.17% alacrity. this way my heals can be optimized and i can throw up to even 10k heals. the reason alacrity is only 4% is because with our buff first responder it'll boost it to 7% or 8% (cant rmbr) and its very easy to crit and keep that up. then for augments i would recommend power and not aim just due to the fact that power gives more heal boost then aim and is more reliablet o give it a better upgrade. Though this build and optimization is mre for if your running a lot of operations and flashpoints. anyways nice guide still!
The talent psychic aid is not taken for its healing but for its ability to remove mental effects. this skillpoint is required for any serious raiding, especially SaV. even if it didnt have the minor heal attached to it you would still take this talent.

and another note please re-read my guide carefully, nowhere on this guide will you find field aid in any of its rotations, it is not used except to... duh duh duh... cleanse people.
10/10 NiM Dread Ops
Archon Jaberse, Captain Morgan Spice'rum, Gatecrasher Kithide Ameranthine
<Aisthesis> and <Postmortem>
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Mr. Captain Morgan Roll/Rummaster ^^

rjavig's Avatar


rjavig
05.29.2013 , 07:26 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by haksilence View Post
The talent psychic aid is not taken for its healing but for its ability to remove mental effects. this skillpoint is required for any serious raiding, especially SaV. even if it didnt have the minor heal attached to it you would still take this talent.

and another note please re-read my guide carefully, nowhere on this guide will you find field aid in any of its rotations, it is not used except to... duh duh duh... cleanse people.
true sorry you did not say anything about the healing of it. And it is true you can use it for the mental skill but i have never really suffered from not having it in fact. Even in hm 16 man s&v i did not run into any trouble of not being able to cleanse a mental effect. Like I said In the end psych aid is more of a players taste since you can survive without it.
55 commando Xaviier 55 Guardian Zaviier
55 sorcerer Zavir 55 operative Xenvier
The Harbinger - <Old Guard>

haksilence's Avatar


haksilence
05.30.2013 , 03:14 PM | #28
look at the #4 spec, no gimps. any spec that your not taking psych aid your gimping yourself. the #4 spec takesadvantage of all benefits. I consider it the "Optimal" spec.
10/10 NiM Dread Ops
Archon Jaberse, Captain Morgan Spice'rum, Gatecrasher Kithide Ameranthine
<Aisthesis> and <Postmortem>
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Mr. Captain Morgan Roll/Rummaster ^^

rjavig's Avatar


rjavig
05.31.2013 , 11:03 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by haksilence View Post
look at the #4 spec, no gimps. any spec that your not taking psych aid your gimping yourself. the #4 spec takesadvantage of all benefits. I consider it the "Optimal" spec.
I personally do not believe your gimping yourself by not taking psych aid because I do really good heals per second without it and without removing mental effects. Usually a lot of the times everything is cleansable without it.lf there is a dot thats cleansable ONLY by mental that is very dangerous for the group and if its not cleansed it kills everyone I would like to know (because I have not ran into it at all in any operations). Though everyone has there own heal beliefs and what we should spec as. so if that spec works for you then keep on doing what your doing. As long as the raid does not die your all good
55 commando Xaviier 55 Guardian Zaviier
55 sorcerer Zavir 55 operative Xenvier
The Harbinger - <Old Guard>

haksilence's Avatar


haksilence
06.01.2013 , 12:17 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by rjavig View Post
I personally do not believe your gimping yourself by not taking psych aid because I do really good heals per second without it and without removing mental effects. Usually a lot of the times everything is cleansable without it.lf there is a dot thats cleansable ONLY by mental that is very dangerous for the group and if its not cleansed it kills everyone I would like to know (because I have not ran into it at all in any operations). Though everyone has there own heal beliefs and what we should spec as. so if that spec works for you then keep on doing what your doing. As long as the raid does not die your all good
alot of the mental effects are crowd control types of debufs, stuns roots ect.
10/10 NiM Dread Ops
Archon Jaberse, Captain Morgan Spice'rum, Gatecrasher Kithide Ameranthine
<Aisthesis> and <Postmortem>
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Mr. Captain Morgan Roll/Rummaster ^^