Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Bolster works on 55 lvl and how min/max it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How Bolster works on 55 lvl and how min/max it

Hialot
05.12.2013 , 03:34 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkshadz View Post
Was that a rated match?
4 of us in a rated match? seriously????? wake up
the only reason I had 120 expertise was the old EWH relics...

Bottom line just today even pugin zones 3 of us this time pubs had 3 healers all over 32k hp(not possible in partisan full conq/aug'd maybe... 2 tanks both over 38k hp I'm running full partisan 2018 exp as a sniper could not get any of them below half forever. I also noticed they were not doing much dps so it became a battle of attrition.

even tho we won the game 6 of them had 0 death 2 healers over 1.5 mil heals their team, didn't even look at the insane protection on the tanks.

survivability is awesome since 2.0 *** is the point going for pvp gear when all you wanna be pvp'rs exploit everything ya can with pulled enhancements pve mods and ear/implants???? then ya call it skill based when clearly its not.
THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE

Natharon
05.12.2013 , 04:00 PM | #82
Should have hired an editor, that post was near unreadable.
♠THE NATHARON LEGACY♠
I Didn't Win The Blue Ribbon, But It Is In My Possession.
<WEAPONS OF WAR>

deedeede
05.12.2013 , 04:02 PM | #83
and mysterious are the bolster's ways...

"3. NEVER USE PvP and PvE gear in one set in general
You need or full PvP Armor gear, or full PvE Armor gear. If you will have, for example, PvE chest but PvP legs, you lose expertise. "

if this is true, what's the catch of buying pvp gear 1 by 1, regarding the cap of 2750, and then keeping them in your inventory for weeks or ... months

Helig
05.12.2013 , 04:13 PM | #84
Great guide, thanks. It's a real relief to know that I can gear up my alts at a calm pace without suffering through the obligatory "freshman week".
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

paowee
05.12.2013 , 04:14 PM | #85
1. Get purple crafted 53/54 lvl earpiece and implants
2. Get Partisan and Conqueror relics for Power proc if you are dps or healer and Partisan + Conqueror relics for shield if you are tank

so i am over at this part of your guide. im confused by #3. do i continue to wear full PVE gear and and keep my pvp gear on my inventory until i can "min-max" and replace the pve gear in one go?

3. Get full min/max Conqueror armor
4. Get 72 grade hilt/barrel for mainhand/offhand
5. Profit
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee
05.12.2013 , 04:19 PM | #86
Ok read the last few posts...

i was wearing full pve gear on my sorc with pvp relics and was getting hit for a lot (9k smash Q_Q) 7K execute. do these guys wear pve gear then (63 mods) and get "bolstered" up by the bolster mechanic? >_<
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

deedeede
05.12.2013 , 04:29 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Great, guide, thanks. It's a real relief to know that I can gear up my alts at a calm pace without suffering through the obligatory "freshman week".
level 55 "freshman" ? if you like pvp you would start early, in which way is this guide helpful, since there is no pvp gear for warzones pre 55?

deedeede
05.12.2013 , 04:50 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
1. Get purple crafted 53/54 lvl earpiece and implants
2. Get Partisan and Conqueror relics for Power proc if you are dps or healer and Partisan + Conqueror relics for shield if you are tank

so i am over at this part of your guide. im confused by #3. do i continue to wear full PVE gear and and keep my pvp gear on my inventory until i can "min-max" and replace the pve gear in one go?

3. Get full min/max Conqueror armor
4. Get 72 grade hilt/barrel for mainhand/offhand
5. Profit
I'm confused of number 5, this leads me to an idea: we should be asking bioware to sell some "coat-hangers" and place the 72 grade hilt on the pvp vendor table

Aelaias
05.12.2013 , 04:57 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
The weapon/OH hand is just weird. If you do get 1012 force power for any OH/MH, then crafted 152 rating OH would actually be better simply because the force power is the same anyway. You lose like 2 expertise rating, but your crystal is going to be 41 power instead of 41 expertise, and that should make up for the loss of stat elsewhere. I don't really know what's going on with the OH/MH case, but I'd say getting a Partisan or a crafted 148-152 is a pretty safe bet.

I inspected some guy with 32K HP in a mix of UW/Black Market that's augged and he had 1400 expertise. This is basically -18%, so scale this back you get 32K * (1.42/1.6) = 28400 HP. Full Partisan is around 26K HP, and add 2800 HP for augment (14 slots * 20 endurance) and you get around 29K HP. So, Partisan is still superior to this mix even on a simple HP basis, not to mention it's actually significantly better because any heals are more effective on a person with more mitigation (heal numbers are constant).

So if you have a orange set with augment you should put Partisan in. I actually like the look for for the Conqueror set but that's just a matter of taste.
Do you mean that a moddable OH crystal may be switched to power or MH.
Shadowlands
Letho - Vanguard
Óberyn-Guardian
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...7-5e5489ff3b47

deedeede
05.12.2013 , 05:11 PM | #90
can any dev post here and confirm any of these? I still do not know why my health pool goes up and down in same gear.
or can someone make a more useful guide, for a wet T-shirt contest or something, until they fix and tune all the gear?