Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Bolster works on 55 lvl and how min/max it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How Bolster works on 55 lvl and how min/max it

Astarica
05.11.2013 , 07:34 PM | #71
Bolster doesn't cancel out Expertise. PvE gear is strictly weaker than Conqueror, and would be strictly weaker than Partisan if not for the fact that almost no one augments their Partisan gear due to a cost concern.

yoomazir
05.11.2013 , 08:40 PM | #72
Reading this guide makes me depressed, not of TC, but Bioware, how could they **** it up so bad with the whole bolster fiasco?

Aelaias
05.12.2013 , 05:20 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
Bolster doesn't cancel out Expertise. PvE gear is strictly weaker than Conqueror, and would be strictly weaker than Partisan if not for the fact that almost no one augments their Partisan gear due to a cost concern.
Or you could you know, get a suit, augment it, and swap partisan mods in. As you procure conqueror pieces just swap the mods into the augmented suit. Never a need to re-augment. It's especially easy for guardians whose pvp gear looks like a nuclear war.

After following this guide and going from blue 66 mods to a pretty close to optimized partisan set I am using lvl 54 crafted purple str/acc/power/surge cybertech ear, lvl 53 or 54 (cant remember) 2 purple str/power/surge microfilament implants (vastly superior to conqueror stat-wise), partisan+conqueror power relics, conqueror mh, artifice crafted str/pwr/surge 152 purple focus (expert unyielding battle generator I believe - better than anything you can do with a partisan focus), 5 partisan armorings, 6/7 deft 27x mods except for stock bracer, a couple of crit/surge enhancements which I may swap out. Everything is augmented with putple str augs. With a nano-infused str stim when bolstered I have 1948 expertise, ~1330-1550 mh dps, ~820 damage bonus, ~21% crit w/ 120 rating, around 29k hits. Not cheap for most people but very satisfying and arguably good enough to dps in some pve content. I may keep the implants if I should ever make it to conqueror.
Shadowlands
Letho - Vanguard
Óberyn-Guardian
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...7-5e5489ff3b47

PerinnAybara
05.12.2013 , 06:49 AM | #74
You're wrong about the weapons.

You get 2012 force power regardless of what weapons you wear. And likely the same melee/ranged damage as well.

If you put in a pve mainhand, you're just gimping yourself on expertise for a slight amount of stat boost.

That's why there's little reason to upgrade from partisan to conqueror weapons as well.

Although in world pve you'd be correct.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

Hialot
05.12.2013 , 08:47 AM | #75
Bolster at 55 needs to be removed period.
PVE crap and using 63 pve mods n imp/ear make the conq/part pointless to buy.

What is the point of allowing bolster expertise to someone with no pvp gear. Just yesterday we tested this went in with our full 69's maybe 120 expertise and absolutely destroyed the other team. they just could not kill us with all of us being 32k+ hp all 4 of us top of the board at the end. then we went in next with full Partisan and well let me just say it was ugly and very frustrating getting 3 shot and unable to kill pve geard healers

Bolster does not belong in 55 PERIOD

earn your gear like everyone else. it has nothing to do with skill it's who has more pve geard tanks/healers wins
THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE

Sheome
05.12.2013 , 11:22 AM | #76
all this bolster thing on lvl 55 is a big sh.t, jut remove it please

Aelaias
05.12.2013 , 01:55 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Hialot View Post
Bolster at 55 needs to be removed period.
PVE crap and using 63 pve mods n imp/ear make the conq/part pointless to buy.

What is the point of allowing bolster expertise to someone with no pvp gear. Just yesterday we tested this went in with our full 69's maybe 120 expertise and absolutely destroyed the other team. they just could not kill us with all of us being 32k+ hp all 4 of us top of the board at the end. then we went in next with full Partisan and well let me just say it was ugly and very frustrating getting 3 shot and unable to kill pve geard healers

Bolster does not belong in 55 PERIOD
earn your gear like everyone else. it has nothing to do with skill it's who has more pve geard tanks/healers wins
Maybe 120 expertise what, lost from 2016? IF that's true that it's a problem which should lead bolster adjustment, could anyone confirm? Other than that, I see no problem with bolster.
Shadowlands
Letho - Vanguard
Óberyn-Guardian
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...7-5e5489ff3b47

Darkshadz
05.12.2013 , 01:59 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Hialot View Post
Was that a rated match?

Astarica
05.12.2013 , 03:20 PM | #79
The weapon/OH hand is just weird. If you do get 1012 force power for any OH/MH, then crafted 152 rating OH would actually be better simply because the force power is the same anyway. You lose like 2 expertise rating, but your crystal is going to be 41 power instead of 41 expertise, and that should make up for the loss of stat elsewhere. I don't really know what's going on with the OH/MH case, but I'd say getting a Partisan or a crafted 148-152 is a pretty safe bet.

I inspected some guy with 32K HP in a mix of UW/Black Market that's augged and he had 1400 expertise. This is basically -18%, so scale this back you get 32K * (1.42/1.6) = 28400 HP. Full Partisan is around 26K HP, and add 2800 HP for augment (14 slots * 20 endurance) and you get around 29K HP. So, Partisan is still superior to this mix even on a simple HP basis, not to mention it's actually significantly better because any heals are more effective on a person with more mitigation (heal numbers are constant).

So if you have a orange set with augment you should put Partisan in. I actually like the look for for the Conqueror set but that's just a matter of taste.

Astarica
05.12.2013 , 03:25 PM | #80
I got my hands on more pieces of gear to try and for a piece of BM the expertise loss varies between 40-50 over Partisan. I have some gear that has mixed PvE stuff, like 66 mod 69 enhancement 69 armoring for example, and the expertise lost is slightly less than a piece that's just level 69 across the board, so it looks like Bolster accounts for mixed level components. People need to stop lying about having 'good' expertise while wearing this stuff. 1400 expertise is nowhere near good enough. You're siting at a 42% mod which means someone with partisan does 18% more tooltip damage than you. Those are the guys who are getting Shock for 4K from a tank spec guy and Mauled for 10K by a Deception Assassin.