Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Bolster works on 55 lvl and how min/max it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How Bolster works on 55 lvl and how min/max it

Genttry
05.09.2013 , 11:16 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
Bolster on 55 lvl is very good thing. Why? Because if you use it rigth, you never get bad gear gap disadvantage with your other mates or enemies. Now after 2.0 indeed, skill > gear, and it is great.
Perfect, I agree. Bugs apart, the competitive PvP'ers who aren't interested in rolling people because of gear gaps love the new bolster. Ding ding, right on bro. Again, great post. Don't listen to the disgruntled. I appreciate your testing to help figure out the details of how this new bolster system works. Admitedly, I was too lazy to do a lot of personal testing. Keep it up man, keep it up. One of the rare posts that isn't just a bunch of whining! The people who complain about your posts are secretly syaing "i love you..." The bandwagon is too full and eventually those who remain in-game will make sense of the system and use it when they gear up to min/max. *tips hat with all of the others to thank you, even the ones who claim "lolbolster." They love you too! It is one big love-fest man!

MotorCityMan
05.10.2013 , 01:37 AM | #52
Where do you get that 2018 experise is the new hard cap? I am curious as to the source for that.

Genttry
05.10.2013 , 09:39 AM | #53
bump. important info here, ladies and gentlemen. instead og complaining abiout bolster take a better look at how it actually works. I'd like to see some more examples of people testing it, too. the wrong whine threads are getting too much PR while the constructive threads get no replies

Astarica
05.10.2013 , 11:36 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
Where do you get that 2018 experise is the new hard cap? I am curious as to the source for that.
2018 is what you get while wearing full PvP gear and you can verify it gives you 60%.

You can get 60% from 2016 expertise too. It is difficult to come up with gear sets to test this exactly but 200X is not enough for 60%.

Macroeconomics
05.10.2013 , 04:06 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by mr_ruiz View Post
Eventually PvP gear will reign supreme in PvP again. Why? Because we'll complain enough and they'll eventually lower bolster just enough to make the PvP gear a goal for anyone who wants to succeed in PvP.
No. PvP will reign supreme again because in 2.2 they will introduce grade 69 and 72 PvP gear. The whole point of omitting grade 69 & 72 PvP gear was to trick PvP players into grinding for both pvp and pve gear so as to disguise the lack of real pvp content. And in a couple of months they will do that again by introducing 69 and 72 pvp gear.

Aelaias
05.10.2013 , 04:24 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
I did a bit more test of microfilament (common level 53 blue drops) versus crafted 152s implants/earring. What I found is that they're basically equal in offensive stats (Microfilament will have more mainstat but crafted have more Power/Crit), and Microfilament will have more endurance but less secondary stats (likely Surge). Microfilament loses about 7 expertise compared to crafted 152, which is about 0.2% modifier. A typical example would look like +40 end -40 surge. Now the microfilament is better overall in terms of stat budget, even with a -7 on expertise, but crafted gear you can customize your stats while micromfilament's secondary stats are all over the place. If you're just starting out, it usually makes more sense to have something Power/Surge or at least Crit/Surge over say, Power/Alacrity or Crit/Accuracy or whatever random combos you'll find on the microfilament. So even though you're taking a small stat loss, having the right kind of secondary stats on crafted 152 usually outweighs the loss of stat.

This is even possible versus Conqueror, but Conqueror secondary mods usually makes a bit more sense than microfilament. As a reminder, there's no Power/Surge crafted rating 152 combo on implants/earrings for strength types. They exist for rating 156, but you're taking a significant expertise loss there for using those.
What would you consider significant expertise loss due to 156 purples? I have a blue 66 mod suit, conqueror/partisan relics, conqueror MH, blue crafted earpiece (can't get the damn thing to crit on RE), crafted purple power-heavy focus, 160 crti rating, around 700+ damage bonus with a nano-infused stim, 2 purple microfilaments, my expertise 1969, health 26k with only a few augments. I am rather content. And I really hate the ridiculous endurance-heavy armorings and low power enhancements on partisan.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that I blew almost 900k on the implants only to discover later that the blue microfilament str/power/surge dropped ones are only slightly inferior.
Shadowlands
Letho - Vanguard
Óberyn-Guardian
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...7-5e5489ff3b47

Aelaias
05.10.2013 , 04:26 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
No. PvP will reign supreme again because in 2.2 they will introduce grade 69 and 72 PvP gear. The whole point of omitting grade 69 & 72 PvP gear was to trick PvP players into grinding for both pvp and pve gear so as to disguise the lack of real pvp content. And in a couple of months they will do that again by introducing 69 and 72 pvp gear.
Mhmm. Keep thinking that.
Shadowlands
Letho - Vanguard
Óberyn-Guardian

Astarica
05.10.2013 , 04:55 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelaias View Post
What would you consider significant expertise loss due to 156 purples? I have a blue 66 mod suit, conqueror/partisan relics, conqueror MH, blue crafted earpiece (can't get the damn thing to crit on RE), crafted purple power-heavy focus, 160 crti rating, around 700+ damage bonus with a non-infused stim, 2 purple microfilaments, my expertise 1969, health 26k with only a few augments. I am rather content. And I really hate the ridiculous endurance-heavy armorings and low power enhancements on partisan.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that I blew almost 900k on the implants only to discover later that the blue microfilament str/power/surge dropped ones are only slightly inferior.
Using 100 expertise = 3% mod, assume 30K HP base line, and 1 endurance = 1 mainstat (that's how they're budgeted), then you get 100 expertise > 90 endurance + 90 mainstat since mitigating damage is better than an equilvalent increase in HP due to heals. So at 1969 you'd probably 40 expertise away from maxed, and by this conversation scale 40 expertise would be worth 36 endurance + 36 mainstat. So even if you got absolutely nothing for losing those 40 expertise you're only behind by 360 HP and 36 mainstat, and that's certainly an amount you can live with. Of course you also do get some extra stats for using the purple microfilament over even Conqueror, though it's pretty safe to say 2 item rating X 2 isn't going to be 36 endurance 36 mainstat. Versus Partisan I'm not sure, as you're looking 6 item rating X 2 (156 vs 150). I'd imagine Partisan barely wins but it's certain something you can live with.

On the issue of purple versus blue microfilament, from what I found the secondary stats on the blue microfilament tends to be all over the place so it's pretty hard to find the exact combo you need, so while they're quite competitive in terms of overall stats, it's pretty hard to find one with the secondary stats you want. But if you can find one with the stats you want, then the blue one is likely a better deal. You might as well save the money and use that to augment your gear instead.

stephenalandavie
05.10.2013 , 05:11 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
who says 69 and 72 pvp gear will be out in 2.2?
Cersei Operative 60 Opness Scoundrel 60
Quabiedney Juggernaut 60 Capt-corelli Guardian 60
Martyn PT tank 60 TouchMyBehind Marauder 60
Big In Japan

Aelaias
05.11.2013 , 04:41 AM | #60
What about the offhand contribution to the bolster? I am using a 152 purple crafted focus and short of expertise it is superior to even a remodded partisan focus in terms of stats and force power. Would it be worthwhile to keep it as is or bite the bullet and remod a partisan focus. Thanks for the earlier replies.
Shadowlands
Letho - Vanguard
Óberyn-Guardian