Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Bolster works on 55 lvl and how min/max it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How Bolster works on 55 lvl and how min/max it

Darkshadz
05.12.2013 , 05:13 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Hialot View Post
4 of us in a rated match? seriously????? wake up
the only reason I had 120 expertise was the old EWH relics...

Bottom line just today even pugin zones 3 of us this time pubs had 3 healers all over 32k hp(not possible in partisan full conq/aug'd maybe... 2 tanks both over 38k hp I'm running full partisan 2018 exp as a sniper could not get any of them below half forever. I also noticed they were not doing much dps so it became a battle of attrition.

even tho we won the game 6 of them had 0 death 2 healers over 1.5 mil heals their team, didn't even look at the insane protection on the tanks.

survivability is awesome since 2.0 *** is the point going for pvp gear when all you wanna be pvp'rs exploit everything ya can with pulled enhancements pve mods and ear/implants???? then ya call it skill based when clearly its not.
I knew it wasn't a rated match. My point was that you didn't destroy your opponents because of your PVE gear. You did because they were bad. Min/max partisan or conqueror gear is be better than wearing greens. Even if the bolster have bugs, you still want to farm your pvp gear. It will get fixed eventually.

As for your post, well maybe those 2 healers were using the augment glitch exploit (a big MAYBE) but not the 2 tanks. Stop being overdramatic: you're not supposed to kill tanks even if you're a sniper if their healers are alive. Sorry but they knew what they were doing Welcome to 2.0 PVP!

Collegekinda
05.12.2013 , 05:40 PM | #92
So I have a question for those who understand Bolster (if it's possible). I have a Scoundrel Healer. I have Conq Main/off/leggings/implants, Partisan Belt/Bracers/ear piece, and conq/partisan power proc relics. Now here is what I curious about, I'm using 2 pieces EWH for the set bonus of 15% and I also (hating it the whole time as group PVE is kinda like water boarding) ran some ops to get 2 pieces Arkianan gear for the set bonus (should have been playing the lottery got them after 2 ops). NE way They seem to stack for a 30% increase to my kolto cloud. With my current load out I sit at 1905 expertise with bolster in WZ. Am I right to think the few thousand increase on my AOE Heal is worth the Expertise/armor rating(EWH) sacrifice atleast until the next tier comes out?

Astarica
05.12.2013 , 06:56 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelaias View Post
Do you mean that a moddable OH crystal may be switched to power or MH.
Either is fine. Here's the thing, if everything gets boosted to 1012 Force Power, then obviously the rating of the weapon do not matter.

A crafted 152 OH (no such MH exists I believe, it's either 156 or 148) still has 4 components. A rating 154 Conqueror OH has 2 higher rating than it so it'll have slightly more endurance/mainstat/etc, but the Conqueror OH has its crystal devoted to expertise. The crafted OH does not have an expertise crystal (since Bolster takes care of it). It'll still have something like 2 less Expertise due to Bolster (because it's worse than Conqueror), but gettng an extra 41 power ought to make up the rest of the stats. In this case, you don't need the 41 expertise from OH on the crafted item, because Bolster already takes care of it!

It's trickier with MH because no 152 rating MH exists. It'd either be 148 (blue 66) or 156 (purple 66). Now you're looking at either a bigger stat deficit or an expertise deficit.

Astarica
05.12.2013 , 06:58 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Collegekinda View Post
So I have a question for those who understand Bolster (if it's possible). I have a Scoundrel Healer. I have Conq Main/off/leggings/implants, Partisan Belt/Bracers/ear piece, and conq/partisan power proc relics. Now here is what I curious about, I'm using 2 pieces EWH for the set bonus of 15% and I also (hating it the whole time as group PVE is kinda like water boarding) ran some ops to get 2 pieces Arkianan gear for the set bonus (should have been playing the lottery got them after 2 ops). NE way They seem to stack for a 30% increase to my kolto cloud. With my current load out I sit at 1905 expertise with bolster in WZ. Am I right to think the few thousand increase on my AOE Heal is worth the Expertise/armor rating(EWH) sacrifice atleast until the next tier comes out?
Set bonus is the one part where you can break away from the Expertise. 100 expertise is basically 3% mod, so if the set bonus does something that's worth taking an extra 3% damgae, there's no reason not to go for it. I don't know if you can ever compute exactly what's the value of a set bonus like that, but I certainly can see why some people would value that over a 3% mod.

Infernoarson
05.13.2013 , 03:09 AM | #95
I have a pretty good understanding of everything mentioned here, although people have said this makes this system good. I think it is all BS. So I have to read and understand a tricky way for making my gear bolster better? Sounds like a bunch of crap. It is just so people that don't pvp don't have to get the gear, and they can get more people to pay to play. Why even have pvp gear in the first place then? At which point is it just better to not wear a piece in that slot? Just because people know how to get around the system doesn't mean the system isn't complete crap. IMHO. I think Ranked at least shouldn't be bolstered at all. You shouldn't be doing ranked if you don't have the gear in the first place.

TonyDragonflame
05.13.2013 , 09:43 AM | #96
My purpose was just help for all players who start playing on 55 lvl warzones dont make silly mistakes.

Indeed, start playing in old good min/max EWH gear (or crafted 53-54 levels 66 grade blue/purples min/max ) with new pvp relics -> playing in it until you grind full min/max Partisan gear (there is 5-7% difference) -> slowly grind min/max Conqueror (yet +5-7% difference).

Summary, gear gap between min/max 66 grade blue/purple crafted pve gear and min/max Conqueror now around 10-15%, what is much better than gear gap in old days between stock Recruit (or pure pve gear with zero expertise) and min/max EWH, what was 30-40%.

Please, augument all your gear before you start playing on wz with blue/purple 55 lvl augments- it makes else +5-7% difference.
Min/maxing also add +15-20% difference between stock and min/maxing versions. Always remember about it when you will be craft for yourself 66 grade blue/purple pve "wz beginner" gear.

I hope, my and other mates investigations in this thread help you will be competitive in pvp and have fun of playing with current bolster system ever when you start on 55 lvl!

Darth_Dreselus
06.01.2013 , 08:58 AM | #97
Since I want my 2 pc PvE should I have 72 amrs and rest exp mods, full PvE or 63 arms and exp mods?

Also power or exp crystal?
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

TonyDragonflame
06.01.2013 , 10:25 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
Since I want my 2 pc PvE should I have 72 amrs and rest exp mods, full PvE or 63 arms and exp mods?

Do not use any 72 gear.
You need all 66 blue pve gear + purple 54 lvl crafted implants, earpiece and offhand (focus, generator, shield, shotgun, knife). And 2 pvp relics. Thats all for start grind Partisan/Conqueror.

When you get full min/max Partisan, you can finally change gear from blues 66, but left purples ear, implants and offhand until you get Conqueror ones.

You never must down your expertise less than 1900-1875.

Twighead
06.01.2013 , 10:52 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post

I you have a pve weapon, use a power crystal. If you have a partisan/conqueror weapon, use an expertise crystal.

MagikFingerz
06.01.2013 , 11:17 AM | #100
I haven't read through this entire thread, but I wanted to comment on the relics that are recommended by some. Sorry if this has been addressed before.

Some people recommend/use the Serendipitous Assault power proc relics, one Partisan and one Conqueror. But I'm pretty sure they do not stack, as their tooltip explicitly states "Does not stack with other Serendipitous Assault effects". Do tell me if I'm wrong.
55's: Sage - Caranx | Sentinel - Wu'Chi Gunslinger - Jhaxx | Commando - Chronix
Assassin - Thoraxx | Juggernaut - Haxxion Operative - Axihn | PowerTech - Drexxin

<55's: Shadow - Nexxon | Guardian - Daexion Scoundrel - Jhaxara | Vanguard - Chronox
Sorcerer - Thoraxa | Marauder - Raxxon Sniper - Draxxon | Mercenary - Laranxa