Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Not Your Ordinary - PvP Videos

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Not Your Ordinary - PvP Videos

UncleOst
05.05.2013 , 09:41 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Polymerize View Post
Fa sho man! If you play on POT5 go ahead and add me. I primarily solo Q unless Depreva and Doser are online. Let me know what you think of the vids, appreciate it.
I, did state that I grouped with you a few times, meaning I do play on pot5,, and I turned your vid off at 2:10. I did like the tunes tho. Geuss My awareness is on par.

Polymerize
05.05.2013 , 09:48 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by UncleOst View Post
I, did state that I grouped with you a few times, meaning I do play on pot5,, and I turned your vid off at 2:10. I did like the tunes tho. Geuss My awareness is on par.
Yeah I hear you man. I have toons on multiple servers that's why I wanted you to verify. Add me and we'll run some games. And thanks haha.

Hunterftw
05.05.2013 , 10:43 PM | #23
Very nice vids! Smart play > than big numbers always. Stalling and interference between nodes is essential to being successful in pvp. It's nice to see videos promoting this instead of face rolling at south or mid.

Being pesky is a sin's/ shadow's biggest strength. Love the way you play it.
Boobew / Delicates- JC

Polymerize
05.05.2013 , 11:15 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Hunterftw View Post
Very nice vids! Smart play > than big numbers always. Stalling and interference between nodes is essential to being successful in pvp. It's nice to see videos promoting this instead of face rolling at south or mid.

Being pesky is a sin's/ shadow's biggest strength. Love the way you play it.
I know, right? People don't even know what smart play is though.. Thanks for recognizing.

Polymerize
05.06.2013 , 01:20 AM | #25
Bedtime bump. Cheers

Polymerize
05.06.2013 , 08:36 AM | #26
Pretty good feedback for me not having any edits to the videos- when I get a chance to play again I should have some more films on the way with annotations and captions w/ voice recording. If you watch the videos please comment here and start a discussion. Thanks.

~Poly

Hunterftw
05.06.2013 , 09:16 AM | #27
Looking forward to seeing the finished product. These are the types of threads we need in the forums. Instead of complaining about X mistake that bioware made, we need to focus on what we can control. Playing smarter.
Boobew / Delicates- JC

Banderal
05.06.2013 , 10:17 AM | #28
I wonder how many people rage at you in chat for sitting there in stealth and not helping them fight? I don't mean that in a snarky way... I looked at some of the first CW and some of the VS, and I thought, "Oh, I get it - he's sticking back, holding himself in reserve, watching the situation, and being there when he's the only one left to stop the cap - then stopping the cap and getting the heck out of dodge so that he lives to stop it again". Something like that (gross oversimplification I'm sure). That's what I always *want* to do (when I'm on my Shadow)? But then I always seem to end up thinking, "That poor teammate, I can't just let him fight alone! I have to go help!" And I stupidly jump in and help, then we both die, then they cap because no one saw the "2 west" I typed in chat, and came over to make sure.

The few times I've managed to avoid that impulse I inevitably get some rude comment in chat about "thx for the help idiot".

Anyway, looking forward to the commentary (especially since I don't much care for your choice of music - but to each his own - if I ever make vids you can dislike the music I put in, how's that? ).
Heirisy, Snack Attack, Cyborg'Sal - Harbinger

Polymerize
05.06.2013 , 11:21 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Hunterftw View Post
Looking forward to seeing the finished product. These are the types of threads we need in the forums. Instead of complaining about X mistake that bioware made, we need to focus on what we can control. Playing smarter.
Aye yeah, I am def trying to improve the quality of threads in this forum. Videos make things so much easier! After finals week I'll have time to devote to this. I just hope the time I put into it will be end up being worth the effort.

Polymerize
05.06.2013 , 11:25 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
I wonder how many people rage at you in chat for sitting there in stealth and not helping them fight? I don't mean that in a snarky way... I looked at some of the first CW and some of the VS, and I thought, "Oh, I get it - he's sticking back, holding himself in reserve, watching the situation, and being there when he's the only one left to stop the cap - then stopping the cap and getting the heck out of dodge so that he lives to stop it again". Something like that (gross oversimplification I'm sure). That's what I always *want* to do (when I'm on my Shadow)? But then I always seem to end up thinking, "That poor teammate, I can't just let him fight alone! I have to go help!" And I stupidly jump in and help, then we both die, then they cap because no one saw the "2 west" I typed in chat, and came over to make sure.

The few times I've managed to avoid that impulse I inevitably get some rude comment in chat about "thx for the help idiot".

Anyway, looking forward to the commentary (especially since I don't much care for your choice of music - but to each his own - if I ever make vids you can dislike the music I put in, how's that? ).
Somehow, I avoid people telling me to get out of stealth and help them or whatever. No one has told me that in quite some time. It is either that, or I give so close to no fcks that I don't even notice...

That just happened to be the music I was listening to at the time lol. Like I said, this was very raw footage. I downloaded Fraps, turned on SWTOR, and started rolling. Had no preparation other than that. My effort was behind nothing except my gameplay.