Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consular Companions

Kitru
12.21.2011 , 11:10 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Nastar View Post
When do you unlock your 3rd companion? Just started on chapter 2, im 32 :P
You get Tharan in Nar Shadaa which is in Act 1 (whether midway or towards the end depends on the order you did it and Taris). If you don't count C2, you get Zenith at the end of Balmorra (first major planet of Act 2).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Elooie
12.21.2011 , 11:19 AM | #22
The lizzards delay is seriously annoying. I'm going to have to respec to shadow tanking the minute I get the healer because he sucks.

If nothing else give him an Orange weapon so we can just upgrade it whenever.

Ardwan
12.21.2011 , 11:34 AM | #23
One get one at the end of Nar Shadaa, and the one after that at the end of Balmorra.

Raeln
12.21.2011 , 12:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Qyzen is on Tython because he's a hunter and there is stuff to hunt on Tython. That's pretty much all the explanation he needs for being there. He joins you because he becomes indebted to you. Same thing there.

As to him not sharing typical Consular ideals, that's the point. Consulars are intended to be worldly and inclusive. They are expected to deal with and be accustomed to a wide variety of disparate cultures, especially those that do not mesh with their own. One of the best lines to sum up this concept is available as a response to Qyzen soon after you start talking to him:

Every culture has something to teach us.

That's about as Jedi as it gets. You're a Jedi. He's pretty much the opposite. That doesn't mean he's somehow less than you. If anything, it means he has more to teach you than any other companion you could reasonably be assumed to get, which makes sense since you're supposed to be espousing the Jedi ideal of every culture being worthwhile.

As a consular, you're not a soldier: you're a well armed anthropologist.
It would have "made sense" for our first companion to be have been a trooper vanguard, which Qyzen would be if they let him equip blasters instead of an ignorant techstaff. On top of that, Qyzen goes on about how nobody respects him and makes him ride in the cargo holds of ships all the time - yet, as the most powerful Consular the Jedi Order has at this point, he's your right hand man as a diplomatic ambassador from the Jedi Order to governments.

It doesn't make sense. It makes about as much sense has the entire Forsaken race joining the Horde in WoW. Apparently, they wanted a Trandoshan model to be seen in game so they force it on the Consular class. I'd almost trade my ship (and I love space combat) to make Qyzen into one of the playable races, rather than a Trandoshan.

xianpu
12.21.2011 , 12:20 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramala View Post
How can you say Qyzen is fine?

He's the only player/companion in the game to use his weapon type, and it's extremely rare.

He constantly goes against trying to show compassion - you know, a Consular trait. -1 Qyzen. -1 Qyzen. -1 Qyzen. The only time I see +15 Qyzen is if I mention Yuon.

Most importantly, his AI is horrible, absolutely horrible. Here's an example of questing with my friend (Jedi Knight), versus a four person set of NPCs.

1) I hit Ctrl+1 on A, friend hit's Ctrl+1 on B.
2) I attack C (tougher guy), friend attacks D (tougher guy).
3) T7 charges in immediately, with a leap.
4) Qyzen stands still for about 3 seconds, then slowly charges in, and leaps when he's maybe a yard away.
5) T7 kills his guy and immediately starts attacking something else.
6) Qyzen kills his guy and walks back to me.
7) I'm forced to Ctrl+1 again, and Qyzen's delay kicks in again.

This is happening constantly. I don't have this problem at all on my Knight with T7 or Kira. My friend doesn't have this problem at all. It's only Qyzen, and it makes him a horrible companion.
This post made me laugh. I've experienced exactly the same thing with him and it's driving me nuts. I play a sage healer and my husband plays a hurty Jedi Knight. He leaps into the battle, T7 joins, I'm attacking and Qyzen just stands there doing nothing. When he finally gets there, the battle's pretty much over... and if it's not, like you say, he walks back to me and I have to send him out again. Repeat the frustrating process.

On longer fights he's great, he holds aggro like a charm, but he does have some AI problems at the moment. I like his character too, he's pretty awesome. Hopefully he'll get fixed soon enough!

Nastar
12.21.2011 , 12:22 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
You get Tharan in Nar Shadaa which is in Act 1 (whether midway or towards the end depends on the order you did it and Taris). If you don't count C2, you get Zenith at the end of Balmorra (first major planet of Act 2).
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardwan View Post
One get one at the end of Nar Shadaa, and the one after that at the end of Balmorra.
Sorry, i ment the 4th (i dont really count C2 as a companion)

Just spoke to Zenith in the first q on Balmorra, thx for info
All hail .

harry_manback
12.21.2011 , 02:39 PM | #27
As a balance sage, Theron is awesome. Almost no downtime questing. It was good to finally get rid of buggy-ole-rare-weapon-having Qyzen.
"Concentration, focus, long-term thinking--those are the qualities that separate a warrior from a mere flailing fighter."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

Ewokinator
12.21.2011 , 02:50 PM | #28
Healing sage here, only level 27 but so far I'm enjoying Qyzen a lot. Solo PVE stuff is cake with him since he pulls aggro as he's supposed to as a tank and i just throw some heals on him and spam those two skills with the DPS Channel and throwing chunks of scenery on the mobs. I don't kit him out with the greatest things, mostly stuff I loot that fits him and quest rewards unless I need the comms.

My only regret with him is I can't just give him my old orange jedi gear, it would be so easy to kit a jedi companion out with mirror stuff I have ):

also I noticed a lot of people complain about his Affection convo choices. I get -1 more often then not, but the easy +40 and +15 choices from doing a light-side-law-abiding-drone Jedi overcomes it no problem

ciaranthemoo
12.21.2011 , 05:09 PM | #29
you mean fourth if your talking Shadow, Qyzen, the healer(nar shadarr) and the ship droid are long before chap 2...dont know the rest..

edit: whoops didnt see the second page:P
Player X "Shadows can't tank!" Response " Then i'll see you in HELL!"
Qoratan, Master of the Shadows
Luka Sene

CygnusMX
12.21.2011 , 11:02 PM | #30
Qyzen:The Lizard

ALL I want to know is Where in the hell do i get him a New TECHBLADE , I cant find any anywhere hes been useing a rated 16 begginer techblade since I got him at lvel 9 or 10 hes level 17 now useing a level 9's weapon .

Anyone know of a vendor on CORUSCANT that will sell me one?

It shows him useing a rifle I just noticed on the holonet maybe he shouldnt even be useing melee,time to go back in game and see if theres 1 gun he can use