Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Plagueis book

MajinEddie
05.05.2013 , 04:16 AM | #1
It was nice to get a bit of backstory on good old palpatine. Other then that is was so damn boring. What did you think of it?

Doctoglethorpe
05.05.2013 , 07:57 AM | #2
I don't think it was boring that's for sure. If you think Plagueis was boring then I'm gonna assume you haven't read many SW books. Of course I enjoy the politics, scheming and character building conversations in books rather then action scene after action scene. Written action is usually dull as bricks unless its stuffed full of extra details like good dialog or internal thoughts of the characters participating in it to the point the action itself is just the outline of the picture being drawn in your head. So if by boring you mean not enough action then I would laugh pompously at you. ;p

BradTheImpaler
05.05.2013 , 04:27 PM | #3
You are COMPLETELY wrong, OP.
With that said, I just got it from the library and I'm only a couple of chapters into it. I'm already hooked, so I'm going to go and keep on reading. I'll probably necro this thread in a while.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

DisposableHero
05.05.2013 , 11:44 PM | #4
Finished it last week. I gotta say I loved it and didn't find it boring at all. the insight it gives to a lot of what happens in The Phantom menace is great.
Tomb Of Freedon Nadd

Cú-chulainn - Sentinel
Mhacha - Assassin

Jenzali
05.06.2013 , 01:05 AM | #5
It's a masterpiece, in my opinion, easily my favorite Star Wars book of all time. The author somehow managed to weave the befuddled and nonsensical plot of Episode I into a rich and compelling narrative that gives a lot of background on the characters that did not appear in the films (and more importantly, helping us better understand some of the ones that did).

If you didn't enjoy it, I would suggest reading the Darth Bane trilogy first. Not only is it more action-packed but gives you t he context and origin of the Rule of Two which makes reading Darth Plagueis even more of a nerdgasm.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Beniboybling
05.06.2013 , 07:25 AM | #6
I agree with what everyone else has said, (apart from you OP *stern gaze*) it's fantastically written and engaging to the very end. I can imagine you found it boring because it wasn't your typical action packed novel, however as others have said its nice to have a blend and show that Star Wars can actually be intellectual.

Altogether one of the best Star Wars novels I've read, up there with the Bane Trilogy - which you might find more enjoyable if you haven't read it already.

Haltermania
05.06.2013 , 07:36 AM | #7
I listen to the books in the audiobook version. for me its nice to lay back and visualize how the story is unfolding. I like the plot twists and seeing the story unfold during Episode I

Darth_Krushya
05.11.2013 , 03:33 AM | #8
I was thinking about buying it. But since I work, I don't have the time and I forget to. Everything I have heard or read about the book, gets my interest, and it seems like a good read.
THE ETYA LEGACY: GOEN-TOG ETYA sen, SUNAI-ELG ETYA sge, DONAE'THEN-KYAL ETYA scoun, RAH'NORAI-ELG ETYA com, KRUSHYA-WYN'IKE ETYA sorc, TARAR-BEESE ETYA mar, STROI'YEN-FORGG ETYA oper, THES'SHEL-EPSE ETYA pwrtch, KHET'CHYA-YUUB ETYA grd, SOGLAH-DYME ETYA shd, KOHMEN-TOG ETYA gunsl, IKEN-FORGG ETYA vangrd, RU'THAH-DEY'IYM ETYA asin, DE'THEL-SOHG ETYA jug, IYSE'SHEL-EPSE ETYA merc, GUN'NAH-SOHG ETYA snipe

Tomb-Stone
05.11.2013 , 05:13 AM | #9
I loved this book and the back stories it provided for Plagueis, Sidious, Maul, Dooku and a bit about Qui Gon Jinn. On a side note I liked how it talked about Dooku's connection to Jango Fett and Komari Vosa and the Bando Gora. Komari Vosa and the Bando Gora were the principal villains in the SW game Bounty Hunter back in the day.
Tomb-Stone
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...

kirorx
05.11.2013 , 10:22 PM | #10
Loved it
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU