SM Cartel Warlords Kill...All At Once

1. Split your DPS up
  2. Don't kill anything
  3. Group everyone together (to maximize Explosive Surge uptime)
  4. ...
  5. FORCE SWEEP!!!

We killed the Cartel Warlords in story mode without killing any one of them first. This was accomplished by bringing them all down to around 5k and then hitting them with a single instant AoE (Force Sweep, in our case). I was pretty hopeful that something catastrophic would happen to the fight's scripting, but it actually worked and didn't bug. The linked video shows the full fight, as well as a rather lengthy explanation before hand (this was an alts + random-people-online group, so we wanted to be super-clear).

So...world first? ;-)

Do you have some hand tremor that makes you constantly hit «spacebar» while all other mates are stand still?

Lol. I didn't record the video. I do jump quite a bit, but not as much as A'jantis does. I'm also a compulsive keybinder, while she clicks.

Nice one... Only one thing... It'd have been better with the killing blow log active on the chat :p

Actually, something very strange happened: the game didn't record the killing blow on *any* of the bosses. A'jantis does have killing blow enabled in chat, it's just that the game didn't show anything. Here's the combat log: http://www.torparse.com/a/206339/21/0/Log

Actually, something very strange happened: the game didn't record the killing blow on *any* of the bosses. A'jantis does have killing blow enabled in chat, it's just that the game didn't show anything. Here's the combat log: http://www.torparse.com/a/206339/21/0/Log

Actually, it did register. There must have been some lag or it's just usual visual ability delay, but those 4 hits are registered in combat log, just after leaving combat(thus not diplayed as part of this fight). Look up full log view for that.

22:33:10.904 A'jantis leaves combat.
22:33:10.941 A'jantis activates Force Sweep.
22:33:10.944 A'jantis gains Sprint.
22:33:10.951 A'jantis's Force Sweep critically hits Vilus Garr for 6801* kinetic damage, causing 5100 threat!
22:33:10.951 A'jantis kills Vilus Garr.
22:33:10.951 A'jantis's Force Sweep critically hits Tu'chuk for 6631* kinetic damage, causing 4973 threat!
22:33:10.951 A'jantis kills Tu'chuk.
22:33:10.952 A'jantis's Force Sweep critically hits Captain Horic for 6692* kinetic damage, causing 5019 threat!
22:33:10.952 A'jantis kills Captain Horic.
22:33:10.954 A'jantis's Force Sweep critically hits Sunder for 6519* kinetic damage, causing 4889 threat!
22:33:10.954 A'jantis kills Sunder.

yup here it is... Well given the timing issues I've noticed in this game, I'm not that surprised. Tbh this kind of thing should never happen in a solid engine... Here it happens all the time... But that's something for another time and place.

definetly pro but seems easier than ''given'' mechanic..

It was easier in some ways. There were, however, two main problems: raid damage and enrage time. The raid damage was quite high since we left Horic and Vilas alive forever. This was especially noticeable toward the end when we were all clumped. The healers did a great job keeping up with the damage, but I think they would have had a much harder time of it in hard mode.

The enrage timer problem isn't even a question in story mode, but absolutely would have been a problem in hard mode. Because of the need for fine tuning, the DPS can't go all out on any particular boss. They have to be very careful to pull off and then use extremely low-DPS attacks to whittle the bosses down that extra few inches. Mistakes are brutally punished, since all the other bosses would heal nearly to full if you accidentally killed one.

So, the margins are tighter, the DPS uptime is lower, the raid damage is higher, and the execution is harder. Overall, it sounds like this would be a very poor strategy in general, even though it does bypass the majority of the fight mechanics.