Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SM Cartel Warlords Kill...All At Once

KeyboardNinja
05.04.2013 , 12:36 AM | #1
  1. Split your DPS up
  2. Don't kill anything
  3. Group everyone together (to maximize Explosive Surge uptime)
  4. ...
  5. FORCE SWEEP!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUsr9gD1OlA

We killed the Cartel Warlords in story mode without killing any one of them first. This was accomplished by bringing them all down to around 5k and then hitting them with a single instant AoE (Force Sweep, in our case). I was pretty hopeful that something catastrophic would happen to the fight's scripting, but it actually worked and didn't bug. The linked video shows the full fight, as well as a rather lengthy explanation before hand (this was an alts + random-people-online group, so we wanted to be super-clear).

So...world first? ;-)
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

Khevar
05.04.2013 , 01:01 AM | #2
That's pretty awesome! I wonder if that would work in TfB as well ...

Missandei
05.04.2013 , 10:34 AM | #3
Do you have some hand tremor that makes you constantly hit «spacebar» while all other mates are stand still?
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

ceazare
05.04.2013 , 10:56 AM | #4
nice one XD
Pelara <Titans>
The Red Eclipse

KeyboardNinja
05.04.2013 , 11:14 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
Do you have some hand tremor that makes you constantly hit «spacebar» while all other mates are stand still?
Lol. I didn't record the video. I do jump quite a bit, but not as much as A'jantis does. I'm also a compulsive keybinder, while she clicks.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

GeckoOBac
05.04.2013 , 12:24 PM | #6
Nice one... Only one thing... It'd have been better with the killing blow log active on the chat :P
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

KeyboardNinja
05.04.2013 , 01:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
Nice one... Only one thing... It'd have been better with the killing blow log active on the chat :P
Actually, something very strange happened: the game didn't record the killing blow on *any* of the bosses. A'jantis does have killing blow enabled in chat, it's just that the game didn't show anything. Here's the combat log: http://www.torparse.com/a/206339/21/0/Log

AshlaBoga
05.04.2013 , 02:16 PM | #8
I the part at the end that went like:

PersonA: "So why did we do this?"
PersonB: "Because."
PersonC: "Because it was awesome."
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Elear
05.04.2013 , 05:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Actually, something very strange happened: the game didn't record the killing blow on *any* of the bosses. A'jantis does have killing blow enabled in chat, it's just that the game didn't show anything. Here's the combat log: http://www.torparse.com/a/206339/21/0/Log
Actually, it did register. There must have been some lag or it's just usual visual ability delay, but those 4 hits are registered in combat log, just after leaving combat(thus not diplayed as part of this fight). Look up full log view for that.

GeckoOBac
05.04.2013 , 06:27 PM | #10
Code:
22:33:10.904 A'jantis leaves combat.
22:33:10.941 A'jantis activates Force Sweep.
22:33:10.944 A'jantis gains Sprint.
22:33:10.951 A'jantis's Force Sweep critically hits Vilus Garr for 6801* kinetic damage, causing 5100 threat!
22:33:10.951 A'jantis kills Vilus Garr.
22:33:10.951 A'jantis's Force Sweep critically hits Tu'chuk for 6631* kinetic damage, causing 4973 threat!
22:33:10.951 A'jantis kills Tu'chuk.
22:33:10.952 A'jantis's Force Sweep critically hits Captain Horic for 6692* kinetic damage, causing 5019 threat!
22:33:10.952 A'jantis kills Captain Horic.
22:33:10.954 A'jantis's Force Sweep critically hits Sunder for 6519* kinetic damage, causing 4889 threat!
22:33:10.954 A'jantis kills Sunder.
yup here it is... Well given the timing issues I've noticed in this game, I'm not that surprised. Tbh this kind of thing should never happen in a solid engine... Here it happens all the time... But that's something for another time and place.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger