Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aim or Power augments for PvE Combat Medic?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper > Commando
Aim or Power augments for PvE Combat Medic?

Jenzali
05.03.2013 , 01:46 PM | #1
I see healing Sorcs/Sages stacking power now in their augments instead of main stat. Is this advice relevant to Combat Medics as well? Since we have a 9% bonus to main stat while Sorcs/Sages have only 6%.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

oaceen
05.04.2013 , 07:03 PM | #2
because of the 9%, mainstat is still preferred imo

Wanchope
05.06.2013 , 09:45 AM | #3
Aim for sure. You want the extra crit you get from main stat as well as the 9% bonus.

Talpaman
05.07.2013 , 01:09 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Wanchope View Post
Aim for sure. You want the extra crit you get from main stat as well as the 9% bonus.
this. maybe power augments give you more powerful heals, but stacking aim gives you more crits, important for healers.

Skylarc
05.07.2013 , 07:27 AM | #5
Aim all day.

/thread
Akil'zon: 55 Combat Medic: <The Elite>
Skylarc: 55 Defense Guardian: <The Elite>
Akil'zen: Marksmanship Sniper: <We got death star>

Khevar
05.07.2013 , 11:42 AM | #6
1. Each point of aim gives you +0.14 points of bonus healing.
2. Each point of power gives you +0.17 points of bonus healing.
3. BUT, with Ironsights' +9% aim combined with the +5% raid buff, each point of aim gives you +0.16 points of bonus healing.

At around 3000 aim, each additional point of aim gives you approx 0.0026% crit. A full set of 14 grade 28 augments can give you 448 points of aim or power.

448 Aim = +71.5 bonus healing and +1.19% crit
448 Power = +76.2 bonus healing

So you're losing 4.7 points of bonus healing, but gaining 1.19% crit.

Go AIM.

Talonwk
05.07.2013 , 12:51 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
1. Each point of aim gives you +0.14 points of bonus healing.
2. Each point of power gives you +0.17 points of bonus healing.
3. BUT, with Ironsights' +9% aim combined with the +5% raid buff, each point of aim gives you +0.16 points of bonus healing.

At around 3000 aim, each additional point of aim gives you approx 0.0026% crit. A full set of 14 grade 28 augments can give you 448 points of aim or power.

448 Aim = +71.5 bonus healing and +1.19% crit
448 Power = +76.2 bonus healing

So you're losing 4.7 points of bonus healing, but gaining 1.19% crit.

Go AIM.
You are giving aim the 5% buff and not power. The warrior buff gives 5% bonus healing power so each power adds .18 bonus healing so its ~9 bonus healing vs 1.19% crit so this may not change the conclusion but I wanted to clarify.

Also 9 bonus healing is more significant than people think. On a pool of 900 bonus healing that is approximately 1% more bonus healing. Crit is also subject to surge application so with 70% surge on 1.19% crit your healing should increase by .833%. Bonus healing has to be evaluated on a move by move basis but most of the formulas for healing abilities have very large power multipliers of about 2-3 but there is a static base amount of healing that is a fixed amount and can never change so a 1% power increase will be less than 1% increase in healing as well. I dont have all the new ability multipliers or fixed base amounts but you would need those to make a complete determination.

TLDR; Aim is still likely the best but it probably wont show up in any live parses and make any significant difference. As a healer as far as preference if my hypothetical hps was the same, I would rather have the constant benefit of power rather than rely on RNG with a crit chance and crit also tends to just be over healing not effective healing.
Affliction Guild Master Affliction Guild Website
Omnipøtent - Carnage Marauder
Omnipresent - Medicine Operative
Omniscient - Darkness Assassin

Khevar
05.07.2013 , 04:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Talonwk View Post
You are giving aim the 5% buff and not power. The warrior buff gives 5% bonus healing power so each power adds .18 bonus healing so its ~9 bonus healing vs 1.19% crit so this may not change the conclusion but I wanted to clarify.
Oops, my bad. Omitted raid-buff on power :/

Elzen
05.07.2013 , 04:33 PM | #9
Nvm. Read it wrong.

Gondolindhrim
05.07.2013 , 04:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Talonwk View Post
Force Might/Unnatural Might increases Bonus Healing by 5%, not Power. In other words, it's closer to 17 Bonus Healing per point of Aim vs 18 for Power.
Rheiya, Guardian | Adelynn, Sage | Fyrellis, Sentinel | Lyell, Gunslinger | Bao-der, Vanguard | Kayleen, Shadow | Hailey, Commando
Syeeda, Operative | Circumspectus, Sniper | Freiya, Juggernaut | Zeyus, Marauder
FrostclawNightmare LandsThe Red Eclipse