Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The "unable to purchase" bug -- Any updates on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
The "unable to purchase" bug -- Any updates on this?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sashandra
05.24.2013 , 07:26 PM | #11
This seems to be a bug in how they bill credit cards directly... make a paypal account and use it to do the purchase, this works for coins, may also work for expansion.
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakaris View Post
So yea... this is as much "global" release as Yoda is a young tall blonde supermodel.

Karovd
05.24.2013 , 07:38 PM | #12
Afraid not - it doesn't work with paypal either.

MenofNumenor
05.24.2013 , 08:38 PM | #13
Yeah, I used paypal to buy the expansion and CCs a couple of weeks ago to bypass the issue. It worked then, but it won't work today. What is happening?

TheJoeBeast
05.24.2013 , 09:05 PM | #14
Yeah, Ive been getting this same issue for the past 2 weeks now. Ive contacted billing (after a very long wait on hold) and they ended up telling me there wasn't an issue on their end, so it had to be my card. After checking with my provider, its not the card, I even tried my girlfriends card and it still didn't work.

Xonell
05.25.2013 , 07:22 AM | #15
This is completely ridiculous. There is nothing I could have possibly done to cause my account to be "flagged". No prior purchases, no weird location problems, nada. I also cannot and will not wait on hold for hours, even if that would be certain to fix the problem.

At this rate, I'm probably going to end up cancelling in a month or two, just because I'll have run of out things to do pre-50.
X0-NL, Archivist and Librarian Droid.

Xonell
06.27.2013 , 07:08 PM | #16
I just made my last attempt to purchase today, after waiting more than 30 days from my previous attempt. This is really upsetting. There is nothing I can do on my end to fix this issue. This is entirely internal to Bioware/EA. I guess once I'm done with my last 1-50 storyline, I just cancel?

SukaShen
06.27.2013 , 08:30 PM | #17
This is the first time I have heard of this issue impacting someone who has never purchased cartel coins before. Usually it indicates a restriction, but in your case there may be another cause. This thread might be helpful to you: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=586815

Xonell
06.27.2013 , 11:44 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by SukaShen View Post
This is the first time I have heard of this issue impacting someone who has never purchased cartel coins before. Usually it indicates a restriction, but in your case there may be another cause. This thread might be helpful to you: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=586815
Thank you. I've seen that thread. And I'm not the only one -- I found others with the same problem I have and there doesn't appear to be a solution.

SukaShen
06.28.2013 , 12:18 AM | #19
Here is what I was told by customer service:

"The thing is that most people who have this issue are either affected by the limit on purchases, or have miscellaneous issues. To that end, there isn't one fix that will resolve everything for everyone, and calling to have an issue investigated is the best course of action . . . Note also that each transaction, even if it fails, resets the timer . . . if you wish you can use Cartel Coin cards or EA game cards as an alternate payment method."

I haven't been able to purchase since May, so I understand your frustration with this issue. If failed transaction didn't reset the timer and/or people were notified when restrictions are implemented and concluded, it wouldn't be such an issue. The lack of information about this issue that is available to consumers is one of the frustrating things about this issue (which actually appears to be multiple issues w/ purchasing).

Xonell
06.28.2013 , 12:32 AM | #20
I just got off the phone with a very nice fellow in 3rd tier billing (sorry, forgot the name!) and he checked and double-checked everything, including account details and IPs. He was completely mystified. He's going to contact the fraud dept to see if something they're doing is blocking payments. Maybe try calling right now and see if you can get the same guy? I waited maybe 30 mins on hold this time.