Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lvl 55 Flashpoints are too hard, drop **** loot and are mostly overrun by pugs...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
lvl 55 Flashpoints are too hard, drop **** loot and are mostly overrun by pugs...

xXsgtstinkerXx
07.12.2013 , 01:25 PM | #51
Lol how are these hard at all? They should actually raise the difficulty or come out with harder stuff. On 2.0 launch my friend and I were in dread guard and 2 manned all the fps.. I've even soloed Hammer Station. The flashpoints are a joke really. Also if you want to skip gear levels then just do it. Get into sm ops and get Arkanian gear and don't worry about bm gear if you don't want the grind.

TheNegotiator
07.12.2013 , 11:21 PM | #52
The only complaint I have about HM's is they are full of elitist, hateful jerks who are quick to vote kick. They are not too hard, people just need to learn the fights and then they become trivial.

They should make two hard mode options, one with vote kick and one without. The one with vote kick has a greater com reward, the one with no vote kick has better gear rewards. Problem solved.

Godlymuppet
07.13.2013 , 04:37 AM | #53
The 55 hard mode flashpoints are fine. The problem is that they did not add any 55 storymode flashpoints to learn how to play in a group. It's all good and well saying run 50 had modes, but that is just not very initiative for any player comming from any other MMO. In all other mmo's all previous end game content is obsolete, so how would new players assume they should gear up and learn in 50 hm.

Luckily we are finally getting two 55 flashpoints that are not hm. That should help. Was incredibly lazy developing to release an expansion with no new non hm flashpoints, but I think we all know it was never intended as an expansion, until they decided to start gouging.
Kilmer 55 Scoundrel
Kralik 55 Gunslinger
Kallik 55 Powertech
Cram your glow sticks up your wazoo

fire-breath
07.13.2013 , 04:38 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
I kinda understand what Bioware had in mind when they released those lvl 55 fp's, they probably thought: "hey most of our players are columi/BH geared so let's give them a good challenge!", good idea... in theory.

See, the problem is the new players, you see, most of them, the first thing they want to do is reaching lvl 55, and since it's so easy to reach it by only doing planetary quests they probably didn't bother doing (and probably never will) our beloved lvl 50 fp's to gear up properly. So what do you see? Pugs in lvl 55 fp's. What happens? lots of wipes followed by trashtalk and ragequitting...

There is another problem: the quality of the loot.
It's bad, a couple of Black Market gear, some crappy blue mods bracers for such hard instances? Meh.

In my opinion lvl 55 flashpoints should have their difficulty toned down so everyone, especially the new players, could enjoy them, and, like pre-2.0 when drops were columi (set bonuses armors), the loot should be arkanian gear.

And ibf L2P UURR DUUR, the goal is to bring new players and introduce them properly for high lvl content, flashpoints should be like the beginner's step to that direction, and not a 4 man operation raid.

Remember Bioware, you want to attract customers, even the noobiest ones, not scare them away, this is Star Wars, not Eve online.
Lol, I'll just going to assume you werent there in the days when Taral V took 2-3 hours to complete. Like many have said in this thread, the issue isnt so much the gear, its the attitude.
People are ragequitting over the smallest things. Man up and don't expect loot to be flying into your hands. I actually like the 55 flashpoints, they are toned very nicely and are a challenge at times.

One last thing, people are 2 - manning this flashpoints with ease in 69 gear.

genesisization
07.13.2013 , 09:15 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Lol, I'll just going to assume you werent there in the days when Taral V took 2-3 hours to complete. Like many have said in this thread, the issue isnt so much the gear, its the attitude.
People are ragequitting over the smallest things. Man up and don't expect loot to be flying into your hands. I actually like the 55 flashpoints, they are toned very nicely and are a challenge at times.

One last thing, people are 2 - manning this flashpoints with ease in 69 gear.

If you find me 2 players even with 72s gear that can solo the Bonus Boss on HS Hm i am gonna bow to them . The boss will enrage and instant kill both of them .Neither the Beast of Kresh can be 2 manned due to the adds /knockback / stun effect . Instead of posting ******** be more realistic .

On Topic now : The only thing that is needed is the creation of more HM fps . New ones or old ones adapted to the needs and varieties of HM.

Michka
07.13.2013 , 10:16 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by genesisization View Post
If you find me 2 players even with 72s gear that can solo the Bonus Boss on HS Hm i am gonna bow to them . The boss will enrage and instant kill both of them .Neither the Beast of Kresh can be 2 manned due to the adds /knockback / stun effect . Instead of posting ******** be more realistic .

On Topic now : The only thing that is needed is the creation of more HM fps . New ones or old ones adapted to the needs and varieties of HM.
I've 2 manned the bonus boss in Hammer Station HM, too bad I didn't fraps it, didn't realise it was that big a deal?
I was dpsing/tanking on my sentinel and my boyfriend was healing me on his scoundrel. I was in full 72s and he was in random pvp gear I think, tbh I have no idea what he was using all I know is he doesn't pve ever unless I ask him to.

The boss did enrage at the end but I had guarded by the force available for the last bit and it was enough. It took a few tries for us to do it, had to figure out when/how to use my CDs to keep myself alive during that stun/rampage thing he does, but with scoundrel hots and me using CDs at the right time + inspiration and being in 72s, it's totally 2 mannable.

We didn't try 2 manning any of the others, I picked hammer station as our 2 man run because I find the bosses in there just have the least annoying mechanics lols. I definitely wouldn't want to do it as my sentinel in 69's though, it was a very tight enrage push in the 72s I had, so I'll give you that point.
SIDOROV LEGACY
SORVALI.operative ++ DARQKLAW.mercenary ++ KHARAMAZOV.sorceror
STEELCLAW.scoundrel ++ SOLZHENITZYN.commando ++ ASTRALCLAW.shadow
<Zorz> <Ex-Dalborran Elitists>

fire-breath
07.14.2013 , 02:34 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by genesisization View Post
Good job focussing on a sidenote while ignoring the maintopic. I was trying to explain that the 55 flashpoints aren't that though as people might think. For that reason I stated that they can be 2-manned (which isn't ******** as you seem to think and has been proved by many people). If you want a more realistic scene? I was with a assasin dps-friend in Mandoraiders, after a while we had to kick the current tank and he respecced to tank with only dps-gear on (and a lowbe shield). It went perfectly with him, he was very squishy but not unhealable.

About that bonusboss in hammerstation: That was the only boss my brother and I skipped due to being tough. We weren't using companions and were not in full 72. Also there is a forumthread going of someone solo'ing Atthis with companions (including bonsboss).

TLDR:
The difficulty isnt the problem, people are.

Master-A
07.15.2013 , 06:34 AM | #58
Just a question is a mix of BH gear and some part of Basic gear to low for a lvl 55 HM?

Cuz I came in with this group that was totally overgeared all of them and yet they kicked me without even bother trying out my skills or walking me even 2m in the fp :/ should I get better gear before trying again or where those just ***** out there?
The Progenitor

Gloomycakes
07.15.2013 , 07:40 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-A View Post
Just a question is a mix of BH gear and some part of Basic gear to low for a lvl 55 HM?

Cuz I came in with this group that was totally overgeared all of them and yet they kicked me without even bother trying out my skills or walking me even 2m in the fp :/ should I get better gear before trying again or where those just ***** out there?
The gear you had should definitly suffice, depending on your skill-level and that of the group ofcourse. The issue here is simply players attitude. They want a smooth, fast, brain-dead run, thus they want people to be as over-geared as possible and depending on your role this can result in an instant kick. Basicly the same people that believe you need full 69 (+augments) for a SM operation, they don't want a challange (not even the one the game set for them) they just want to close their eyes and mash the keyboard and hope at the end of it that they have some commendations/tokens. That's a players problem! And I'm sorry you got to be the victem of it.

Full basic is the 'easiest' you can make it for yourself.
BH/DG is more than sufficient to get through the FPs.
If you want to face-roll from the start, just fully augment what-ever gear you got.

The lowest geared character I did it with was 'only' in full Rakata (the mods from the Makeb vendor) with no augments yet as healer with a Black Hole geared Tank and random DPS (quite decent gear over-all I must say.) The only time we wiped was Cademinu when the bonus boss enraged and started 1-hitting everyone with shock (yes, also the 25k+ HP dps) So do-able definitly, recommended, not so much.

Just try to find some guildies/friends to queue with to avoid the kind of people you just ran into. People also think twice before kicking a healer and three times before kicking a tank due to queue-times.

As for the subject of the topic. I like the Flashpoints as they are. You can no longer face-roll them with companions and at rare times they even make a challange. Downside is really that I feel the TTK is huge, no matter how well-geared our DPS is and tbh after avoiding Sweeping Gunfire in Hammer Station 10x in a row I'm glad if he just dies already. That or add a bit more mechanics, but that might be a PuG nightmare. The gear that drops (except for tanks, where the commendation gear is even more horrible) always seem to be ****** critical rating and main-stat/endurance favoured, a real shame, it can be nice doing the FPs, dreaming of some decent drop, instead of just counting your commendations. It's not like that would make you able to skip SM Operations since you still want your set-bonus. Or fix critical rating.

Master-A
07.15.2013 , 08:46 AM | #60
Meh I was a healer and got that instant kick.. It funny now when I think about it.. I wonder if they ever did find that other healer xD well then I will try que again and hope for better luck then.. thx
The Progenitor