Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lvl 55 Flashpoints are too hard, drop **** loot and are mostly overrun by pugs...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
lvl 55 Flashpoints are too hard, drop **** loot and are mostly overrun by pugs...

Huttanation
05.03.2013 , 10:06 PM | #21
Another issue with the gear is you could basically lvl to 55 without having to change out of your BH gear. The gap between the old max lvl and new max lvl is not represented by length in questing nor in difficulty of the quests. Should have had to start fresh....lvl into a bunch of green/blue mixtures before you even got to 55 in order to complete the Heroics and even the non heroics during the weekly makeb missions. Then you start the HM grind after dailies. Once again BW produced a game that the content was crushed only to leave people without anything to do only 3 weeks after its release.
Huttanation ~ May your adventures be legendary and your loot always epic

Sobur
05.04.2013 , 01:12 PM | #22
Wrong! They are easy or maybe i have been lucky getting good groups , anyways they shouldn't be nerfed.

Feztonio
05.04.2013 , 02:48 PM | #23
It's undergeared players who are the issue. my full-69 raid healing scoundrel with fully augmented gear and the lvl 72 gloves has 31k health self buffed. when I run a daily or weekly either for fun or to get comms for at this point min-maxing a mod or enhance here or there and I get two dps with 17k health or a tank with 21k health then it's going to be a fail undertaking.

I understand I'm near the top gearwise but how on earth a 55 can have health in the mid teens (my lvl 51 slinger is sitting at 23k health - I will admit to aug'd raid-level gear from vanilla along with a couple classic com purchases) and expect to do a HARDMODE is crazy. they call it 'HARD' in the title of the experience. you can't do HARD with quest greens and blues.

perhaps can carry one dps if i also push dps when not needing to heal - orbital strikes and dots and some pew-pew, but when both dps are woefully undergeared it's a no-chance scenario.. especially bonus bosses. and if i have almost 10k more HP as the healer than the tank has?? no chance at all as I end up heal-aggro and de-facto tanking most of the encounters and that also is failing strat.

the moral of the story: do regulars to gear up. don't ding 55 - que HM's !!!!! if you want a carry join a guild and you can likely organize carry ops/HM's to get you geared.. dont expect pugs to /LFG carry you. it's not all about you
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

yoomazir
05.04.2013 , 05:00 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Feztonio View Post
the moral of the story: do regulars to gear up. don't ding 55
Worst advice ever, why not: "Don't play this game!" instead?
Besides, probably 99,999% of players rushes to get to lvl 55, is it bad? Maybe, but that always happens in any gear grinding game, why bother spending hours for a gear that you are going to discard 1-5 levels later.

canuckly
05.04.2013 , 10:47 PM | #25
i geared full 69 minus 3 enhancments fully augmented minus ear piece and implants in about 2 weeks granted i bought a couple pieces off the gtn after crafting mk-9 kits and selling them

the drops are fine 2 black market pieces if you run these non stop for a week your set for tfb and s and v

the difficulty is good where it is we don't need a lost island nerf on these that would ruin the game

like most have said trying running with a guild stop complaining because the 55 hm fp's are good where they are

Feztonio
05.04.2013 , 11:05 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
Worst advice ever, why not: "Don't play this game!" instead?
Besides, probably 99,999% of players rushes to get to lvl 55, is it bad? Maybe, but that always happens in any gear grinding game, why bother spending hours for a gear that you are going to discard 1-5 levels later.
You completely misunderstood my point... I'm not saying don't play or don't hit 55. My point was don't que up for heroics the second you ding 55 in quest greens/blues. this game is about 90% gear and 10% skill based. you need to raise your gear level up to a certain point in order to be successful in the HARDModes. you can't just dive on in undergeared and expect to be carried all the time.

gearing in this game is easy and only takes a week or two; do your work and properly gear yourself. Don't expect others to do the work for you
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Icebergy
05.04.2013 , 11:15 PM | #27
I disagree. They are plenty easy for the level of gear they drop. If anything, they should drop worse gear.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

frowww
05.05.2013 , 02:17 AM | #28
get the right gear for the hms or opz and u wont have a problem doing anything lol

gurgie
05.26.2013 , 08:34 AM | #29
I kind of agree with both sides of this issue. On the one hand yes the hm fp's are supposed to be a challenge. On the other what about the players that hate the PVP crap and want to run the game for the story quests that don't group or run with 1 or 2 players instead of bigger groups. I think they need to stop focusing on just the gear you use and more on strategy. Just because your a lvl 55 and not geared up properly you should still be able to beat a quest.

Roxas_kun
05.26.2013 , 09:11 AM | #30
Less QQ, more Pew Pew.

If you're not happy with the group you're in, quit. Find another.

And I agree that the game is too gear-oriented. The moment people think you're under-geared, you are dropped. Kind of sad.