Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 PVP Viable Skill tree(s)?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
2.0 PVP Viable Skill tree(s)?

pspeezy
05.03.2013 , 02:05 AM | #1
I am fairly new to swtor but am curious to what the pvp game is like at 55.

Please share with me how are assassins pvp wise and how do you like it personally?
and also my main question: which skill tree(s) are most viable for pvp?

From what I've looked up it seems that everybody is going Darkness and that's it.
I saw one post from 2 months ago of a hybrid between darkness & madness but that's all I've seen that is farthest from Darkness.

And please assume that I am very capable of doing "well with my class" and also please don't tell me "you can do great with any skill tree!" because I am asking which is most viable, in your opinion.

Thanks in advance

cycao
05.03.2013 , 06:54 AM | #2
Full darkness got a bit stronger and deception got huge buffs which you will here some people call it OP...stay away from madness.

Omophorus
05.03.2013 , 07:37 AM | #3
Most viable are full-tree Darkness, full-tree Deception, and then Darkness and Deception hybrids which pick up Death Field (one of the most amazing PVP skills in the game) in the Madness tree.

I would personally say that full-tree Darkness if you want to tank and the Wakajinn 2.0 Deception/Madness hybrid if you want to DPS are the most efficient specs for ranked and unranked play.
Srs'bsns, GM of <Proper Villains> of The Ebon Hawk
5/5 Nightmare Power DF & DP
"This is why we don't bring Assassin tanks"

pspeezy
05.03.2013 , 09:02 AM | #4
Thanks so much guys, much appreciated. If anyone else reads this feel free to also share your opinion as well!

underpantsgnomes
05.03.2013 , 09:40 AM | #5
I'm running a darkness/madness hybrid. Seems to work just fine. Similar survivability to full darkness but a good 40-50% more damage.
Truth lies within.

Astarica
05.03.2013 , 09:29 PM | #6
I don't know why people are in love with Death Field. It was never that great of a skill and it really says more about how strong the Darkness is that you can be without Wither and still be halfway respectable.

Kutsmuffin
05.03.2013 , 10:08 PM | #7
I would be curious to see how well 36/X/X does against 33/11/2 with blackout for a node guard. In a 1v1 fight, I would probably take blackout over wither or death field. With field respec it's not so hard to swap around when needed during a WZ, also.
Steeple of Prophecy of the Five
------------->Youtube<-------------
-Formerly Envii of Anchorhead-

pspeezy
05.03.2013 , 10:50 PM | #8
hmm interesting points. thank you guys for your opinion! if anyone else has opinions they would like to share feel free to here! im always down for more pointers/tips/guides/etc.

underpantsgnomes
05.04.2013 , 12:00 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
I don't know why people are in love with Death Field. It was never that great of a skill and it really says more about how strong the Darkness is that you can be without Wither and still be halfway respectable.
DF is a long-range, moderate damage AOE that you can use around corners on a fairly short CD. Oh and it heals you.

Agreed Darkness is strong. That's why you take most of the darkness talents and then get DF.
Truth lies within.

RodneyMcNeely
05.04.2013 , 01:57 AM | #10
Heya, guys!

How do you feel full Darkness fares in a 1v1 fight? I have a Kinetic Combat Shadow that I LOVE, but I don't feel like I'll ever be able to kill a healer in that spec, even with DPS gear.

I'd love to get your thoughts.