Player Housing

Vorvalecium

Hello all, Just wanted to bring this to everones attention even if it's been brought up before. Is there a reason why this game does not have player housing in it? Even if the housing was instanced there would be a huge portion of the players, (those who came from the other star wars game) who would want to stay and make this game a greater experience if we can share it, or did i miss the point where this was a Massive Multiplayer Online Game. Where do guilds meet? Where do groups getting together gather for preperation? Where do people put their stuff for display to others, there is no way to show what you have if others cant see it. So why isnt there a way to get together away fro everyoe else? Any thoughts? Questions? I really think the majority of the others who anticipated this game for the other one were greatly disappointed and are going back to the other one as it was so important to have this aspect that fans are recreating the game as we speak. I truly wish they would fix this as I do like this game and would love to stay.:D

/first

Darn you... I wanted the cool points.

Anyways I feel BW feels that your personal ship is kinda of your player house. I like the idea, but think its a bit much for them right now to make instances areas for player houses with customizations and such.

Now since we already have ships... Interior/exterior customization might be a relatively easy step for BW to take in the right direction, which would satisfy those of us with more creative needs :D

You ship is your home and it will be upgraded to full decoration mode some time this expansion.

The devs have said nothing of the kind. I mean, I'd like it if it was, but you can't just assume that since this patch is going to be called "Customization" that it will include customizing your Starship.

:cool:

I still find player housing to be relatively unimportant. I honestly do not see how it would really add anything to the game for most players. There are some roleplayers who would get a kick out of having control over settings, and there are some hardcore players who want houses for a means of showing off stuff they've earned or just an excuse to receive additional perks, but objectively speaking I don't see this as a high priority to most players.

How often do you guys actually bring another player onto your ship? I remember taking my sister for a quick trip when we were questing together a little while back. That's it. That was the only time I ever had another player on my ship.

Honestly, TOR is not a very social game. People group up for FPs/OPs and the like, and then part ways as soon as they're over. All RP takes place over guild chat or in a cantina bar. Housing or aesthetic ship upgrades don't seem to serve a whole lot of utility right now.

The devs have said nothing of the kind. I mean, I'd like it if it was, but you can't just assume that since this patch is going to be called "Customization" that it will include customizing your Starship.

:cool:

Actually, the devs have stated that this expansion is all about improving the QoL aspects.

Actually, the devs have stated that this expansion is all about improving the QoL aspects.

Comming in 2.2... customize your ship! Players can now use cartel coins to purchase furniture and customization features for their ships. Subscribers will get a 20% discount. We didnt want to leave out the crafters here so we added 2 recipes. Players will now be able to craft their own plaque to hang on the wall. You may put 1 weapon type on the plaque. You may only have 1 plaque per ship/character.

I'd like EQ2 style housing....do something with those empty spots on planets...put in a door here and there...click on it..select your room..BOOM in ya go...add crafting for household items..lol.

seriously I loved EQ2's housing system.

Hello all, Just wanted to bring this to everones attention even if it's been brought up before. Is there a reason why this game does not have player housing in it?

Yes, it's been brought up numerous times going all the way back to beta-testing of this game. Simply entering the term "player housing" in the search box for the forums brings up 51 forum threads. So, if you want an answer to your question, then you might want to read some of those threads.

Bad enough this game is a terrible version of Barbie™ Dress - up and a horrid lag fest. Now lets have Barbie™ Dream House and really kill the servers. No. Edited by Taorus

Bad enough this game is a terrible version of Barbie™ Dress - up and a horrid lag fest. Now lets have Barbie™ Dream House and really kill the servers. No.

Actually the game would have likely died had it not become the "barbie dress up" you portend. It is thanks to devs that listened to the "vocal minority" which turned out to be reasonably representative of the "silent majority" that this game is doing as well as it is at present.

The truth seems to be the original design was disastrous, it has now changed, and everything is finally on the table as it should have been before launch. The game should have launched with all of the customization features it is now getting, and should get some form of player housing in the near future to add to the current casual content which is keeping the game alive.

There simply were not enough hardcore gamers that had interest in this title to keep it alive. Casual gamers seem to be the life's blood of this game, and it is likely many more customization changes are coming in the near future.

I for one am glad they finally stopped listening to those that railed against change.

I really want to say that I don't give a crap, but I also admit to spending MANY hours customizing my house in SWG. It was a great feature and really did add a social aspect to the game. One problem is that the devs appear to be dead-set against macros and interface commands, and being able to type commands was vital to being about to setup your house or ship the way you wanted it.

I personally disagree with the notion that this game isn't social. I left nearly a year ago because I was on a nearly dead server (sedyn kyne) that whittle down to the most hardcore leet ******es probably in the whole game. casual players were dropping like flies, probably because they, like me, were tired of getting treated like **** apart from the complete lack of a fun, social atmosphere. I come back and things have really changed. Do I really care about the flashy new armor on the CM? Actually my favorite armor thus far in the game didn't even come from the CM: it's the Dread Seed armor from the xpac. But simply being on a larger server and having more content to run has had a dramatic impact on socialization in the game. I am meeting new friends almost every day, and I spend a lot of time, unlike ever before, actually doing things other than grinding dailies and flashpoints, i.e., socializing! On an MMO! Imagine that...

A ship is a ship and not a house. The ships in swtor are cool, have their sense in several ways and are good as they are.

But having a skill like in the old SWG (architect), to build own houses, to have player founded cities(f.e. as instances to not to transform tatooine into NY) and finally a player the possibility to build/buy his own house would be just awesome, it would complete the game and make it more rich.

Yes you can invite people into your ship, but inviting them to your home on a planet, with showcases of your trophys, equipment, and a little garden to breed your own plants for the house would be just GREAT !

So i love the idea of housing in SWTOR. Shipping is cool, housing would be awesome.

A Shipping is cool,

NEVER EVER HAS SHIPPING BEEN COOL!!!

do you know how many people ship things? and how nasty those ships turn out? : shudders:

ohhhh you meant the other kind of shipping.. welll NVM then >.>:D

I would love to see a house as well. I personally loved the SWG housing system and spent far too much time in game decorating my houses.

That said, I would be fine with the starship being the house. As long as I get to personalize it as my home that will make me happy personally.

I would love to see a house as well. I personally loved the SWG housing system and spent far too much time in game decorating my houses.

That said, I would be fine with the starship being the house. As long as I get to personalize it as my home that will make me happy personally.

A house just for you,

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=15209846&CAWELAID=1663978196&pla=plat&cagpspn=pla