Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare's stance on "spoilers"?? IN GAME

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BioWare's stance on "spoilers"?? IN GAME
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

idnewton
05.02.2013 , 10:28 PM | #11
I think the real question is.... are ingame spoilers by other players violations of the Terms of Service?
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 20
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +28,000

Adric_the_Red
05.06.2013 , 11:19 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
I think the real question is.... are ingame spoilers by other players violations of the Terms of Service?
Neither the Terms of Service nor the Rules of Conduct (links for both at the bottom of the page) makes any mention of "spoilers".

branmakmuffin
05.06.2013 , 11:33 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Adric_the_Red View Post
Neither the Terms of Service nor the Rules of Conduct (links for both at the bottom of the page) makes any mention of "spoilers".
Yeah, and what could they do about spoilers in chat? What has been seen cannot be unseen. I would view it as a pretty frivolous report if someone reported a player for giving spoilers in chat.

buffgfc
05.06.2013 , 11:43 AM | #14
there are also occasions in certain flashpoints and higher level quests where some events are spolied. personally it didn't annoy me, but in the battle of ilum/false emperor flashpoints, for instance, which i was able to enter from the GF queue, references were made to events i hadn't actually seen yet as i hadn't completed the ilum quest series that was a prequel to those flashpoints.

also, when i hit 50, i hadn't actually completed even chapter 2 of my class quest, yet some of the higher level quest givers were talking about how i'd brought the rift alliance to the republic when i hadn't. granted not everyone is going to be so out of sync between level/progress but it shouldn't be too hard to put in a few pre reqs for quests to make sure you aren't doing quests where people mention stuff you haven't done yet.

idnewton
05.06.2013 , 04:33 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Yeah, and what could they do about spoilers in chat? What has been seen cannot be unseen. I would view it as a pretty frivolous report if someone reported a player for giving spoilers in chat.
Consequences from rules are there to prevent the rule from being broken, not to beat and batter someone who already has. It's still followed through on, though, so that it maintains legitimacy (or else no one would pay it any heed).
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 20
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +28,000