Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do i understand dulfy's dye-FAQ-correct?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do i understand dulfy's dye-FAQ-correct?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LordArtemis
05.02.2013 , 01:02 PM | #21
I'm ok with this, since it will mean cash for Bio and business for artifice, as long as three things are in place....

First, the cost of the dyes that require coins need to be relatively cheap...and I mean cheap, like no more than 10 coin cheap each. I'm not concerned with GTN pricing since the market will set the price based on demand, and I think that's fair.

Second, the dye must contain pure white and black colors available in some way. And I mean actual white and black, not purple black or light grey.

Third, I would like to see the dye's effect on the armor before I purchase it or use it in the same way I can preview armor and the like.

Naturally it means nothing if I don't approve. Only those two criteria are what I expect, otherwise I'm open to what they want to do. I don't mind that they get destroyed as new ones get put in.

TUXs
05.02.2013 , 01:03 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
If you have followed CCM -> GTN market dynamics at all.. you would expect to see the cartel exclusive ones to be among the cheapest (credits) in the game.

More importantly....by being unique to the CCM.. they don't undercut the crafters by doing so. Crafters have their slice of the market, CCM has it's slice.. and the CE get a proprietary slice that they will wave in everyones faces and gloat about...even if it's skunk gray ( ). Plus the Security vendor gets a slice of the selection as well.

It's rather well thought out IMO. And I'm sure more will be coming to each slice owner in the future.
Apples and oranges - the items that flooded the market (like speeders) were random drops in packs. It sounds as if dyes will be intentional purchases, not fluff junk added to packs. This could change of course, but unless you know they'll be random drops in packs, I think it's wrong to assume they'll follow the same trend as other random items.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

ikinai
05.02.2013 , 01:08 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Apples and oranges - the items that flooded the market (like speeders) were random drops in packs. It sounds as if dyes will be intentional purchases, not fluff junk added to packs. This could change of course, but unless you know they'll be random drops in packs, I think it's wrong to assume they'll follow the same trend as other random items.
From my reading, admittedly my teachers would say my comprehension is suspect, it appears some are drops from packs, some are purchased through the cartel market, some from artifice and some from CE and security vendors. But, I'm not really following it too closely other than to think, hmm isn't that nice, dyes for the armor. what will they think of next?
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.

Andryah
05.02.2013 , 01:15 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Non random CCM stuff floods the markets as well though. I know.. I have bought a lot of it myself... I just wait for the sellers to cut each others throats on prices before buying. This will happen with dyes I am positive.

The random stuff has a sliding price curve due to saturation for sure.. and I make a business out of it. I buy selected items late in the cycle of a pack when prices are rock bottom, and then I store them until a couple weeks after the new packs go live. I make a killing remarketing old items where supply has dried up in the market but there is still strong demand. If there are dyes also in the random packs.. so much the better IMO.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive, - Tim Cook, Apple CEO

Vegabond
05.02.2013 , 01:20 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by bibobpipop View Post
Why, med-probes, wartone-unlocks etc are payed too and consumed, don't see the difference.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!! +1

DarthVengeant
05.02.2013 , 04:29 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Guild Wars 2 has a nice dye system so don't go and talk about precedents
)
Both GW games have a nice dye system. If Bioware had copied that then 100% of consumers would be happy, but no, they went the greedy route. EA at it again = Unhappy Consumers. Every time.

Bioware, please just make ALL dye craftable and let us enjoy something for once without a fee put on it. Would it kill you? I am curious, how much money is enough for you? GIVE BACK for once. Without us you'd have no jobs.

Korusus
05.02.2013 , 04:35 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
Both
Bioware, please just make ALL dye craftable and let us enjoy something for once without a fee put on it. Would it kill you? I am curious, how much money is enough for you? GIVE BACK for once. Without us you'd have no jobs.
I am pretty surprised at just how little non-Real Money content they've put in the game in the last 6 months.

Oh and the way the dyes work is just dumb/greedy/stupid. I'm sure the most desirable dyes will be CC only.

Flying-Brian
05.02.2013 , 05:02 PM | #28
Better yet, don't deal with dyes at all. No crafting, no dyes. Just go to a COH style color palette system.

You go to the new appearance editor, select your armor piece, it opens the color palette, you select what you want for the primary/secondary colors, pay a small fee and be done with it.

Blackavaar
05.02.2013 , 05:07 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Korusus View Post
I am pretty surprised at just how little non-Real Money content they've put in the game in the last 6 months.

Oh and the way the dyes work is just dumb/greedy/stupid. I'm sure the most desirable dyes will be CC only.
Worse, Cartel Pack only.

Want black? Buy a Gamble Box. Good luck!

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.

xorcist
05.02.2013 , 05:30 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I am only reiterating what others have said but I just wanted to confirm that yes, Dye Modules are consumable. Once they have been placed into a piece of gear, if they are removed or replaced by another Module they are destroyed.

-eric
You should have the ability to learn them and collect them. Once you have that one, you have it for good.

With 25 of them being available in the CM (gambling boxes I'm sure), and probably in the CM vendors (buy rep with cash vendors) for some of the remainder. Over half will be though CM coupled with CM vendor. For that reason, I don't like how this is handled. I'm sure I'm not alone in that thinking, vocal or not. However, If on the Cartel Market. It should be a separate purchase on it's own for a bunch of random dye's. Permanent dye's though. Not consumable....
No quest rewards or FP's etc. No way to obtain in game, other than crafting by Artifice no less. I thought for sure Synthweaving and Armormech would have it.
Nice to have a dye system, but by the sounds of it. Implementation... Not so much...
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."