Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Miraluka mask options

Jojak_Sana
05.02.2013 , 07:59 AM | #1
With the upcoming barbershop I'd say that this would be a great idea.

Perhaps something like this?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh...8i80o1_400.jpg

Or something as simple as wrapping a bandana around the eyes.

Malchan
05.02.2013 , 10:35 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Jojak_Sana View Post
With the upcoming barbershop I'd say that this would be a great idea.

Perhaps something like this?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh...8i80o1_400.jpg

Or something as simple as wrapping a bandana around the eyes.
More Miraluka masks would be sweet. I'd change my main to a Miraluka if that happens.

JosephPeck
05.02.2013 , 02:01 PM | #3
I agree with this. I have an Inquisitor Miraluka and I couldn't seem to find a mask that I liked so I went with the very first choice. Although there are a few that is just bandanas coving the eyes Id like one that looks a little more like Rahm Kota has after he loses his sight to Starkiller.

Jenovan
05.02.2013 , 02:13 PM | #4
Agreed! I love my Miraluka Juggernaut, and I like his mask in and of itself, but the gold/bronze color of it doesn't really match well with.. pretty much any Imperial armor. I didn't find any of the other currently available masks at all appealing when I made the character. New options would be awesome.
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

ganondorq
05.02.2013 , 02:31 PM | #5
i would love just a simple blindfold, like it has in the pic for the species >.<

Gwena
05.02.2013 , 03:40 PM | #6
Agreed, I'd love to see more Miraluka masks. I love the half-veil styles, but I wish they came in more neutral colors like simple black and white. There are so few styles that I honestly wonder who thought it was a good idea to include bright purple and a hard-to-match red/greenish-silverish-tan, but not include plain white and black.

Due to the very limited choices of color for armor styles that I like, my Miraluka's beautiful violet mask hasn't been much of a hinderance. But now that a dye system is coming, it will likely limit my use of the dye system simply because I can't stand clashing colors. And though Miraluka masks aren't technically "gear", they certainly have as much visual impact as any headpiece in the game does.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Please consider using my referral link if you are a new player or a returning subscriber! What you get and more info here.

Hybridial
05.02.2013 , 04:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ganondorq View Post
i would love just a simple blindfold, like it has in the pic for the species >.<
This would be the best, not some lampshade.
Hybridial (55) Sith Sorcerer -------- Hybridiag (29) Jedi Sage
Hybridiax (42) Sith Juggernaut ---- Hybridiar (55) Jedi Guardian
Hybridiac (55) Powertech ----------- Hybridian (55) Commando
Hybridiaw (55) Sniper --------------- Hybridiad (29) Scoundrel

SWLoveAngel
05.03.2013 , 01:02 PM | #8
I was thinking it might be nice to see a blue mask for the Miraluka. Maybe also a mask in green (if some players might like that).

Maybe even the ability to choose what colors a mask style is in - if a player likes a certain style of mask, but they'd like it in a different color or color combination?

sonyajeb
05.10.2013 , 12:59 PM | #9
Yes!! I would love new mask options! I'd especially like some more small masks. So many of them cover not just the eyes, but the eyebrows, forehead, and even at times the entire top of the head! I would LOVE some more small mask options. And with the appearance customization kiosk coming, it seems like the perfect time to start adding some in!

RowanThursday
05.10.2013 , 01:13 PM | #10
Do we actually know what, in "lore", an unveiled Miraluka is supposed to look like? I know SWTOR gives them those curious little metal 'clip on eyeshades' which appear to be *bolted* to the edge of the eyesocket, in order to avoid unwanted gore when a helmet removes the veil...

I'm curious as to whether it's ever been stated whether their unveiled appearance is a) vestigial, shrunken, milky-blind or otherwise unsightly malformed eyes, b) fully formed empty sockets [which wouldn't make sense if they evolved away from having eyes in the first place, the sockets would have shrunk too], c) small, shallow vestigial sockets, like a depression in the skin of the face, or d) no real eyes or traces of eyes at all, just a smooth concave curve between brow-ridge and cheek.

d) would make sense if they were completely and uniformly eyeless and had never, as a species, had eyes in the past- although it would make eyebrows a bit odd, given what eyebrows evolved *for*. d) also, wouldn't really *be* that unsightly, making all the veil thing a bit pointless.

Curious- I'd definitely like some better veils for them- and to be able to *change* veils easily will be nice. Ideally, it'd be nicer still if they were equippable armour, and you could choose *not* to- maybe your Miraluka, not having the *concept* of "sight", just plain doesn't *care* that some people find his or her eyeless face a bit squick-inducing.

It's always struck me as a bit bizarre that a race without sight *would* so uniformly conform to a custom to avoid offending a sensibility which is by definition meaningless to them, I guess, hence my wondering whether their 'natural' appearance actually *is* so bad that the veils are obliged-by-protection of Teen rating.
"... Pointless meatbag bickering."
-- HK-55