Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Darkness 2.0 PvP Build.


Lolindirfab's Avatar


Lolindirfab
05.01.2013 , 06:44 PM | #1
Guys, how are you? Sorry to bother you again, but I really really can't find a Build to Darkness 2.0 PvP.

I'm currently using my pve build. Buy something tells me that it isn't right. So I really need a PvP Build.

Can you guys please help me?

(My gear is Partisian tank)

Thanks a lot.
Ze - 55 Assassin - Tank

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
05.01.2013 , 06:48 PM | #2
For Darkness pretty much only 36/5/5 is viable. Harnessed Darkness is no longer sufficient to outduel ranged classes from range by itself (and against Snipers, at all) so you must have Conspirator's Cloak unless you want to auto lose to a Sniper every time now. Yes you're playing more like a tank but if you lose to a Sniper 1on1 every single time you're not going to be a very useful tank.

Lolindirfab's Avatar


Lolindirfab
05.01.2013 , 06:51 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
For Darkness pretty much only 36/5/5 is viable. Harnessed Darkness is no longer sufficient to outduel ranged classes from range by itself (and against Snipers, at all) so you must have Conspirator's Cloak unless you want to auto lose to a Sniper every time now. Yes you're playing more like a tank but if you lose to a Sniper 1on1 every single time you're not going to be a very useful tank.
Sorry about my ignorance, but, can you please post me the build?

Thanks
Ze - 55 Assassin - Tank

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
05.01.2013 , 07:06 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lolindirfab View Post
Sorry about my ignorance, but, can you please post me the build?

Thanks
There are very few ways to meaningful put 36 points in darkness tree. The 5/5 in the other two trees are more flexible and it's more dependent on what kind of style you like to play. When discussing builds I usually think of what key abilities the build is around, not the exact distribution of the points themselves (that part depends on what you value). For Darkness, Conspirator's Cloak is pretty much the defining talent now for PvP due to lowered value in Harnessed Darkness, and if you have Conspirator's Cloak you're too close to Wither to not get it, leaving 36/5/5 as the only viable result.

Now I know people are going to say Conspirator's Cloak is not very strong. That's true, but in 2.0 Darkness is no longer a top DPS class to begin with (which makes sense, it's a tank tree after all). Conspirator's Cloak has great synergy, as once it procs there's a ~65% chance you'll also have a stack of energize (Energize can proc on hit that granted Conspirator's Cloak or the Maul itself), so your burst is often going to look like Maul -> Shock -> 3 stack FL and that's about 10000 tooltip damage there. This is enough burst to at least force your opponent to withdraw, and if he doesn't retreat this is often enough to bring them down to Assassinate range. This allows you to at least neutralize problematic enemies for a while.

MasterFeign's Avatar


MasterFeign
05.01.2013 , 07:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
For Darkness pretty much only 36/5/5 is viable. Harnessed Darkness is no longer sufficient to outduel ranged classes from range by itself (and against Snipers, at all) so you must have Conspirator's Cloak unless you want to auto lose to a Sniper every time now. Yes you're playing more like a tank but if you lose to a Sniper 1on1 every single time you're not going to be a very useful tank.
I'm having no issues with snipers. I sometimes have issues with deception, smash and sorc madness (all as 1 vs 1s), but it depends on the skill of the player and the environment, as it is possible for me to kill them anyway.

This is my build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rsroddfdGdoZcMZf.3

The one point in shroud of darkness can be moved around. I solo guard a lot, so having consipirator's cloak is like a giant beacon, so I don't take it. Having avoidance is very useful. Overall, I am very pleased with this spec. I also stack power, so my damage ends up being approximately 12k force lightnings, 3k withers, 6.5k shocks, among other things.

Moontayle's Avatar


Moontayle
05.01.2013 , 07:45 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterFeign View Post
I'm having no issues with snipers. I sometimes have issues with deception, smash and sorc madness (all as 1 vs 1s), but it depends on the skill of the player and the environment, as it is possible for me to kill them anyway.

This is my build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rsroddfdGdoZcMZf.3

The one point in shroud of darkness can be moved around. I solo guard a lot, so having consipirator's cloak is like a giant beacon, so I don't take it. Having avoidance is very useful. Overall, I am very pleased with this spec. I also stack power, so my damage ends up being approximately 12k force lightnings, 3k withers, 6.5k shocks, among other things.
I think you mean Assassin's Shelter. CC is your anytimeuse Maul, AS is the big huge beacon.
Triggle - Sith Assassin - Ebon Hawk
My books - Spiral X | White Rock

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
05.01.2013 , 07:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterFeign View Post
I'm having no issues with snipers. I sometimes have issues with deception, smash and sorc madness (all as 1 vs 1s), but it depends on the skill of the player and the environment, as it is possible for me to kill them anyway.

This is my build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rsroddfdGdoZcMZf.3

The one point in shroud of darkness can be moved around. I solo guard a lot, so having consipirator's cloak is like a giant beacon, so I don't take it. Having avoidance is very useful. Overall, I am very pleased with this spec. I also stack power, so my damage ends up being approximately 12k force lightnings, 3k withers, 6.5k shocks, among other things.
You mean Assassin's shelter, right? The size of the beacon is constant to an enemy player (it's a small purple dot) regardless of whether you've the talent or not. It only appears very big to your guys, so unless you're not using Phase Walk while defending you should still pick up Assassin's shelter. Generally speaking, any credible attackers is not going to think a node is completely unguarded, so having a phase walk beacon set up ahead of time doesn't really reveal much. There are also maps like Hypergates where a beacon can be set up quite far away.

For the fight against Snipers, it's not so much as Snipers are impossible to beat, but that they're rather difficult to attack in a fixed pattern. In 2.0 trying to range them down is definitely out. So you can still beat them if you melee, sure, but if you always melee them, then you'd just get hit by cover pulse immediately which sets you back a lot as even if you break it with Force Speed you could just get leg shot again and that'd suck. Conspirator's Cloak, although it is only worth about 75% of a thrash in DPS (Maul does about 150% damage of a Thrash at 200% the cost), allows you to only occasionally melee and still having a lot of potential burst in a Maul -> Energize -> HDX3 combo. Sometimes you'd even be able to somethign like Maul -> Energize -> HDX3 -> Assassinate -> Maul again if you're lucky. This allows you to dance around them and possibly draw out their cover pulse.

The objective while fighting a Sniper is usually to get him to leave his cover and let the other DPS finish him off while yo go back to protecting your healer or harass theirs, and Conspirator's Cloak is the second best ability an Assassin have to accomplish that (Duplicity is always better, but is obviously very far from the Darkness tree). In fact, I'd say Maul is one of the most powerful intimidation attacks in the game. Whether it's Duplicity or Conspirator's Cloak, you can tell people definitely start retreating after eating a Maul in the face, and often that's all you need them to do.

MasterFeign's Avatar


MasterFeign
05.01.2013 , 08:54 PM | #8
Opps that's what I mean.

I'd use assassin's shelter perhaps for rateds. Hmmm maybe it's just open world or some such, but I thought I was able to discern the different phasewalks (on the enemy side).

For rateds I'd then go 37 5 4, taking the points out of shroud of darkness and 1 from exploitive strikes.

DiscipleXIII's Avatar


DiscipleXIII
05.02.2013 , 09:01 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
You mean Assassin's shelter, right? The size of the beacon is constant to an enemy player (it's a small purple dot) regardless of whether you've the talent or not. It only appears very big to your guys, so unless you're not using Phase Walk while defending you should still pick up Assassin's shelter. Generally speaking, any credible attackers is not going to think a node is completely unguarded, so having a phase walk beacon set up ahead of time doesn't really reveal much. There are also maps like Hypergates where a beacon can be set up quite far away.

For the fight against Snipers, it's not so much as Snipers are impossible to beat, but that they're rather difficult to attack in a fixed pattern. In 2.0 trying to range them down is definitely out. So you can still beat them if you melee, sure, but if you always melee them, then you'd just get hit by cover pulse immediately which sets you back a lot as even if you break it with Force Speed you could just get leg shot again and that'd suck. Conspirator's Cloak, although it is only worth about 75% of a thrash in DPS (Maul does about 150% damage of a Thrash at 200% the cost), allows you to only occasionally melee and still having a lot of potential burst in a Maul -> Energize -> HDX3 combo. Sometimes you'd even be able to somethign like Maul -> Energize -> HDX3 -> Assassinate -> Maul again if you're lucky. This allows you to dance around them and possibly draw out their cover pulse.

The objective while fighting a Sniper is usually to get him to leave his cover and let the other DPS finish him off while yo go back to protecting your healer or harass theirs, and Conspirator's Cloak is the second best ability an Assassin have to accomplish that (Duplicity is always better, but is obviously very far from the Darkness tree). In fact, I'd say Maul is one of the most powerful intimidation attacks in the game. Whether it's Duplicity or Conspirator's Cloak, you can tell people definitely start retreating after eating a Maul in the face, and often that's all you need them to do.
Either this is wrong, or I experienced a bug. Because I could see this HUGE circle pool thing of a shadow that had the healing phase walk puddle. It was really obvious lol
Beardedman- Assassin (Madness) - Worst assassin on the Shadowlands server
Slenderfett- Powertech (Pyro) -"You will realize what an idiot you are."
<The Sith Legacy>, Shadowlands server

jgoldsack's Avatar


jgoldsack
05.02.2013 , 09:05 AM | #10
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rsModdfdMZfrzRkr.3

This is the build I currently use (27/19/0). I'm not full tank tree (only go up to harnessed darkness), but I don't have any issues with surviveablity. I am still playing with builds tho, but this is one I have found a lot of success with.

If I ever got into a ranked team I would undoubtedly adjust to a build that would be better suited to ranked, but since I don't do ranked at this time, this works pretty good in pugs.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

http://www.swtor.com/r/ycmWN7 <-- link for some free stuff!