Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


viernedeuxieme's Avatar


viernedeuxieme
01.03.2018 , 04:58 AM | #9341
This thread should be renamed 'The jerks you meet in group finder'.
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I've been kicked from groups about 5 times for being a tank. It's why I stopped pugging vet/tactical FP. At least a healer is generally still useful on some groups of adds. A tank in tacticals? Literally pointless.
I've never been kicked for being a tank before... but lately I've started seeing less point of tanking in pug vet FPs, especially when everybody knows what to do so I've been queueing and playing as dps. Sometimes a flashpoint requiring a little more brainpower - namely Czerka Core Meltdown - comes up and I offer to switch to tank just to keep things from being a headache.

josephinec's Avatar


josephinec
01.03.2018 , 12:29 PM | #9342
Last night, my Marauder on Satele Shan got Czerka Core Meltdown: her in a mix of 234 and 236 gear, a level 50 merc, a level 70 Sin tank, and a level 70 Sniper. We got through trash pulls and went to the desert biome boss first. Sin doesn't use Wither at all, and the level 50 merc, who isn't geared that well at all, keeps pulling off him. Merc and I keep telling him to pull the beast to the generators and get ignored. After two wipes, I left.

And isn't it the responsibility of those who aren't tanking the boss to hit koltos? My Shadow on Star Forge tanked tactical Manaan, and not one of the dps bothered to hit the koltos. They left it up to me. I died on all three bosses because of that. No off healing from the Commando or the Sage, and on top of that, the Guardian(who I think was Vigilance; I didn't hear the little war cry from one of the main passives, but one of the few actual attacks he used looked like Overhead Slash) kept taunting off me for no reason whatsoever.

Speaking of DPS taunting off the tank, that's the second time it happened to me in the past week. Earlier I got a DPS Shadow who would pull before me, and then taunt off me when I did have aggro. His guild mate, a Commando healer, said that GF accidentally queued him as tank. Granted I was on a lowbie, but still.
Click here so we all get nice things: http://www.swtor.com/r/yLqcYJ
#ThanksBioware
Vaylin deserved better.

LordTurin's Avatar


LordTurin
01.04.2018 , 04:19 PM | #9343
Quote: Originally Posted by josephinec View Post
Last night, my Marauder on Satele Shan got Czerka Core Meltdown: her in a mix of 234 and 236 gear, a level 50 merc, a level 70 Sin tank, and a level 70 Sniper. We got through trash pulls and went to the desert biome boss first. Sin doesn't use Wither at all, and the level 50 merc, who isn't geared that well at all, keeps pulling off him. Merc and I keep telling him to pull the beast to the generators and get ignored. After two wipes, I left.
So obviously the merc should have pulled him to the generator, but if a level 50 merc is pulling off a tank (who has a taunt) and 2 level 70s in pretty good gear, the blame is not all on him

Quote: Originally Posted by josephinec View Post
And isn't it the responsibility of those who aren't tanking the boss to hit koltos? My Shadow on Star Forge tanked tactical Manaan, and not one of the dps bothered to hit the koltos. They left it up to me. I died on all three bosses because of that. No off healing from the Commando or the Sage, and on top of that, the Guardian(who I think was Vigilance; I didn't hear the little war cry from one of the main passives, but one of the few actual attacks he used looked like Overhead Slash) kept taunting off me for no reason whatsoever.
The koltos give a big heal to the person who hits it, and a small hot to the rest of the group. It is actually a bad idea for the dps to hit it generally speaking because of that, they'll have to spam all of them to heal you, which may lead to either running out of koltos. Just hold the boss close to one, hit it when you are low, and pull the boss to the next one. If there is a boss that there is a problem doing that (running around the room would be bad in the 2nd fight, for example) make sure you ask and get confirmation first to get offheals. Also, just stealth out and heal yourself if you get too low.

Quote: Originally Posted by josephinec View Post
Speaking of DPS taunting off the tank, that's the second time it happened to me in the past week. Earlier I got a DPS Shadow who would pull before me, and then taunt off me when I did have aggro. His guild mate, a Commando healer, said that GF accidentally queued him as tank. Granted I was on a lowbie, but still.
I mean, what you queued as doesn't actually matter... it's just what spec you are in. Getting queued as a tank doesn't magically turn your spec into tank, he'd have to actually respec to do that.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

AbsolutGrndZero's Avatar


AbsolutGrndZero
01.05.2018 , 03:31 PM | #9344
Quote: Originally Posted by josephinec View Post

Speaking of DPS taunting off the tank, that's the second time it happened to me in the past week. Earlier I got a DPS Shadow who would pull before me, and then taunt off me when I did have aggro. His guild mate, a Commando healer, said that GF accidentally queued him as tank. Granted I was on a lowbie, but still.

This song sums up my policy rather nicely. Am I a jerk for thinking this way? Maybe. But when I get my way, people don't die. So I got that for justification of my attitude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkgUB-mk0kI
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Djake's Avatar


Djake
01.06.2018 , 12:47 AM | #9345
Quote: Originally Posted by Bookworm_Jedi View Post
Thanks.

I just really wanted to run the FP on my chiss jedi and to finally get a pop for it, but to have a group that vote kicked me witout giving me a reason why upon zoning in, and then douche dude when I told them it was my first time here, just sucked.
You had no business in that FP on a lower level character. No matter your skill, you just don't have the DCDs and other abilities needed for the ridiculous boss fights.
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots. I don't mean you, of course, dear reader, I mean those OTHER players. You know who I'm talking about. -- DamionSchubert

Padabiene's Avatar


Padabiene
01.06.2018 , 05:47 AM | #9346
Quote: Originally Posted by Djake View Post
You had no business in that FP on a lower level character. No matter your skill, you just don't have the DCDs and other abilities needed for the ridiculous boss fights.
Chiss in vet mode is absolutely doable with one or two low/lower levels. If that group wiped on the first boss two times they had other problems than a lowie with missing DCDs.

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
01.07.2018 , 09:28 AM | #9347
Quote: Originally Posted by Djake View Post
You had no business in that FP on a lower level character. No matter your skill, you just don't have the DCDs and other abilities needed for the ridiculous boss fights.
I've seen Hammerstation wiped with high level characters ... Together with a few Lowbies in the same group ...
Playing with Lowbies is more challenging, but in general doable. But if high-level characters are played badly ...
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

flavmad's Avatar


flavmad
01.10.2018 , 08:58 AM | #9348
To the people who want to heal or tank pugs.

Tanking or healing vet FP's will only bring frustration and loss of faith in humanity. You guys are better off healing or tanking master modes, where your role is needed. If you feel less confident in your abilities you can always choose an easier one, like Hammer Station, or Athis and progress from there to other ones.

I used to heal vets, and I hated it. Since I've started healing master I've re-gained the fun I had healing.

AbsolutGrndZero's Avatar


AbsolutGrndZero
01.11.2018 , 12:51 AM | #9349
Quote: Originally Posted by flavmad View Post
To the people who want to heal or tank pugs.

Tanking or healing vet FP's will only bring frustration and loss of faith in humanity. You guys are better off healing or tanking master modes, where your role is needed. If you feel less confident in your abilities you can always choose an easier one, like Hammer Station, or Athis and progress from there to other ones.

I used to heal vets, and I hated it. Since I've started healing master I've re-gained the fun I had healing.
I disagree with your takeaway, though I do agree with part of what you say. I HATE Veteran FPs (or "Tactical" as they used to be called) when it's 4 DPS because people go in stupid and the whole party wipes because there's no tank and no healer just a bunch of DPS thinking they can tank. Bioware didn't change the mechanics of the flashpoints, they just added the healing stations at bosses. That doesn't get rid of the need for a healer to fix stupid.

So, a tank and healer is still VERY MUCH NEEDED in Veterans... because 4 dps players, 9/10 times in my experience will be dumb and get themselves killed.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

KristoKal's Avatar


KristoKal
01.11.2018 , 01:06 AM | #9350
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post

So, a tank and healer is still VERY MUCH NEEDED in Veterans... because 4 dps players, 9/10 times in my experience will be dumb and get themselves killed.
Not really, Only BH, and 2 new ones can be hard if you not use brains. All other tacticals are quite easy. Best way to lvl character if not pvp-er. Many times 4 DD is better than tank and heal in group. All die faster and smart use of koltos keep you up. Or I must be really lucky do not get many of those runs as here described. If there are tank or healer in group, I let them do their work, if they do...