Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

EzioMessi
09.27.2013 , 08:13 PM | #921
The day before yesterday, I and guildie tank were PuGging. Got Cademimu (everytime I get this FP while PuGging, I cry a little inside. Plus my Guildie didn't know the fight.). We get a scoundrel healer.

Now, when i ask my customary, "We doing bonus?" He says no. I say "please? Some of us could us better gear (like me and my guildie. then i inspect his gear and add that he could us better gear too)." He says, my 66s give me better stats than 69s. I just leave it at that since he doesn't get the hint. But i insist we do the bonus regardless of if he wants gear or not.

Then we get to Officer Xander and he insists on religiously keeping the droid away from Orange Circles and does his best to damage Xander to spoil mine and the other DPS efforts. Thankfully, he too realizes he can't out-DPS 2 69- geared and 72-geared DPS, and resorts to calling us idiots, until I give him an all-caps "NO YOU ARE AN IDIOT <insert irrefutable explanation here>!!" Response.

Then he resorts to trying his best to make my Guildie not guard the DPS that outgeared him, insisting that he needed it more. Until the last fight. Surprisingly, despite me being sure the healer was not that good, we finish it without any wipes at all. I just assume he's a good, but inexperienced healer (I had seen him in WZs maybe he's just too used to having a tank guard and peel for him ), and say goodbye and requeue.

Queue up again, and this time, the second Czerka FP on HM, with the same healer (different DPS). He again keeps insisting that without a guard he'll be one-shotted by the bogwing adds. The other DPS (again 72-geared and much more worthy of a guard than a healer), agrees that the guy's completely crazy, and we make an unspoken pact to kill the adds before they are even fully rendered on the screen. After taking no damage whatsoever because we just kill the adds that fast, the healer keeps quiet and sees it through.

What is with Healers and Guards anyway? I honestly thought guarding the healer was a trick in lowbies for tanks that weren't fully capable of holding aggro on multiple mobs, or to idiotproof yourself against DPS that tunnel-vision the strongest mobs.
Jung Ma - The Assassino Legacy <Dark Legion Empire>
Aetios - Level 55 Sentinel

metalfenix
09.27.2013 , 10:41 PM | #922
As a healer, I'll NEVER ask for guards, I let the tanks decide (and 90% the tanks I meet on GF put guard on me automatically. I learned to not discuss this, if they want, so be it), but when I used some of my tanking toons, I've met healers that actually demand guards.This still puzzles me to no end.
Koltowolf'Raf Commando Healer / Raf'HiredHealer Mercenary Healer
Rafa-el Scoundrel Healer
Server: The Harbinger

jeniyagyu
09.28.2013 , 05:21 AM | #923
Pre 2.0 (I don't pug anymore), I had a flashpoint group for MP HM with 3 Commando's and my Shadow Tank. It look something like 15 or so minutes to go through it. It was like they were in my mind and knew when I was going to Stealth CC and when to have them all three use Mortor Volley ... It was nice!

Sadly, due to the un-love of Shadow Tanks now, I don't queue up at all and probably never will again. (without my guildies).

Also, not really a GF moment, but something funny. I was leveling a Pure Blood Jedi Sage when the Legacy thing first opened up for it. I was on Balmorra (NOTE: No cross factions on that planet) and this Shadow followed me for half the planet, trying to attack me, the entire time (If I qt'ed or went into an instance, they would end up finding me.) It was really weird ... I would have accepted it if it was a cross faction planet, but it wasn't ... I would say stuff in general and even call their name, but they never responded to anything. ...
55 Shadow - 55 Sage - 55 Gunslinger
55 Assassin - 55 Sorcerer - 55 Operative - 55 Juggernaut
~Just wants to raid and have fun. Seriously, Guild Politics make me want to /wrists.~

Stuffedduck
09.28.2013 , 05:37 AM | #924
Quote: Originally Posted by jeniyagyu View Post
Also, not really a GF moment, but something funny. I was leveling a Pure Blood Jedi Sage when the Legacy thing first opened up for it. I was on Balmorra (NOTE: No cross factions on that planet) and this Shadow followed me for half the planet, trying to attack me, the entire time (If I qt'ed or went into an instance, they would end up finding me.) It was really weird ... I would have accepted it if it was a cross faction planet, but it wasn't ... I would say stuff in general and even call their name, but they never responded to anything. ...
That's what you get for running around in the slave outfit ...

jeniyagyu
09.28.2013 , 05:52 AM | #925
Quote: Originally Posted by Stuffedduck View Post
That's what you get for running around in the slave outfit ...
:P Guess they were mad I was hotter?

Srsly though, I wasn't in ****ty clothing. I was using pecies I got from the Heroics, so you could only see the toons face ... I wish I remembered the Shadow's name ... xD Would like to know if they were just bored and trolling me or really thought I was Empire on that planet.
55 Shadow - 55 Sage - 55 Gunslinger
55 Assassin - 55 Sorcerer - 55 Operative - 55 Juggernaut
~Just wants to raid and have fun. Seriously, Guild Politics make me want to /wrists.~

meanken
09.28.2013 , 07:44 AM | #926
Oh, I remembered another time, this time with me as the one with egg on my face, so to speak.

This was shortly after the start of the cartel market. I had taken a break from the game for a while, and came back to see if the CM had brought any new life to the game. I qued as healer, and got a HM, forget witch one. The tank had on that covert chest thing, but I was unaware of it's existence, having not picked up any of the packs. Now, it feels like the guy is going down really quickly to me (turns put it was in my head, said tank was geared), and I'm getting increasingly annoyed at what appears to be a tank that can't even put his shirt on. Eventually, I get fed up, and call him out on his shirt. That's when the tank, who seemed to be only mildly amused, linked the invis shirt in chat. suffice it to say I was profusely apologizing for the rest of the fp

Auribiel
09.28.2013 , 09:26 AM | #927
Similar thing happened to my RED Twi'lek (an Assassin-Tank): Some where at the darkly lit FP one of the DDs told me, I should get a trouser. I had to answer: I'm wearing one, it's just RED!

Was hard to recognize the trouser, if you didn't check.

AlrikFassbauer
09.28.2013 , 01:09 PM | #928
Quote: Originally Posted by jeniyagyu View Post
I was on Balmorra (NOTE: No cross factions on that planet)
Rarely, I have seen - yes, I think I have seen a member of the other faction, but I'm not sure of that anymore (it's long since I've left that dreaded planet).

So, I don't believe that it is impossible to meet members of the other faction there ...
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Auribiel
09.28.2013 , 02:04 PM | #929
It IS impossible to meet persons from the other fraction there. Balmorra has (mostly) the same places for both fractions, but like to phases beside each over without any interference.

Synavix
09.28.2013 , 02:15 PM | #930
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Rarely, I have seen - yes, I think I have seen a member of the other faction, but I'm not sure of that anymore (it's long since I've left that dreaded planet).

So, I don't believe that it is impossible to meet members of the other faction there ...
Like the above poster mentioned, Balmorra and Taris are unique in that they are "phased" for each faction, and swap places in terms of storyline progression.

For Imperials, Balmorra is a pre-20 planet with their main base in Sobrik. Parts of the southwest portion of the planet map are missing, and I believe Bugtown is part of the bonus series. For Republic, the planet is a mid 30s (?) questing zone with Sobrik being a class quest region.

Similarly for Taris, the planet is a pre-20 planet for the Republic with very little Imperial presence. For the Imperials, the planet is a mid 30s questing zone which finishes by destroying what would be the Republic main base.

I'm not entirely sure why they did this, since it creates a bit of a continuity issue with the storyline, but it's interesting nonetheless.