Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Zerileth
09.19.2017 , 11:52 PM | #9221
Hammer Station Veteran Mode/ 70 tank, 68 DPS, 25 DPS, 70 sor cor me

I type: " Go fast. you have healer. " Tank jumps first 2 bots, ignoring big droid. Alright! Tank gets it. After we clear them, I drop Phasewalk... we clear next 2 droid groups.

Tank types: "Please let me pull..."
Me: "it's vet mode, we're all dps. "

Someone has scavenger. On to big droid boss; the tank pulls, I clean, done. More trash after and the tank say to the 25... "You're not the tank. Stop pulling."
The 25 replies: "It's vet mode. Let's just kill them." Or something.

We get to the 3 bosses that overlook the mining area ( I love that area. Always want to explore down there. ).
I pull! Hehe.... I bubble everyone and we take little damage. Clear bosses.

The 68 pops up: "We have a tank, why not use him?"
" We are all DPS. It's just vet. Just go! " I reply. 68 makes some snarky comment... I reply: " Just chill. The 25 and I will solo the rest. You guys wait here."

We get to the 2 turrets before the bridge. The 68 pipes in. " Let's see you and the 25 solo the turrets!" I almost spit my soda on my screen. It's actually only one turret as you can stun the other. I tell them we'd be happy to.
68 shoots back... " I don't wanna see that as it would take too long. Well, which is it? Take too long or get this done?.

Start final boss... I'm healing everybody, FP done.. Gawd I love pugs, sometimes!
No annoying, begging, misguiding referral link here

Threjyan
09.20.2017 , 03:16 AM | #9222
^^ you must be really stronk!
..The Path Of Excess Leads To The Tower Of Wisdom..

captainwesson
09.20.2017 , 07:55 AM | #9223
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post

I type: " Go fast. you have healer. " Tank jumps first 2 bots, ignoring big droid. Alright! Tank gets it. After we clear them, I drop Phasewalk... we clear next 2 droid groups.

Someone has scavenger. On to big droid boss; the tank pulls, I clean, done. More trash after and the tank say to the 25... "You're not the tank. Stop pulling."

We get to the 3 bosses that overlook the mining area ( I love that area. Always want to explore down there. ).

" We are all DPS. It's just vet. Just go! " I reply. 68 makes some snarky comment... I reply: " Just chill. The 25 and I will solo the rest. You guys wait here."

We get to the 2 turrets before the bridge. The 68 pipes in. " Let's see you and the 25 solo the turrets!" I almost spit my soda on my screen. It's actually only one turret as you can stun the other. I tell them we'd be happy to.
68 shoots back... " I don't wanna see that as it would take too long. Well, which is it? Take too long or get this done?.

Start final boss... I'm healing everybody, FP done.. Gawd I love pugs, sometimes!
I get that you wanted to go fast (it's Hammer Vet, it's not long anyway), but why cause drama? Did it really kill you to let the tank do his job when he asked? Sure, one can just walk in and solo Vet Hammer, but you decided to queue for a group, so maybe you all should work as a group. The 68 maybe overreacted (leaving an easy FP is silly), but they both had a point. If the tank wants to pull, just let him/her pull, don't be petty about it.

flavmad
09.20.2017 , 08:01 AM | #9224
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post

And people are still surprised why tanks are in short supply, and good tanks are rare these days.

He had every right to be angry. He was being denied the role he queued for. If he wanted to come as dps, I'm sure he would've.

KendraP
09.20.2017 , 09:08 AM | #9225
Quote: Originally Posted by flavmad View Post
And people are still surprised why tanks are in short supply, and good tanks are rare these days.

He had every right to be angry. He was being denied the role he queued for. If he wanted to come as dps, I'm sure he would've.
I'm a tank main. I stopped pugging veteran mode fp for this reason. There's just no point as a tank. The ideal combo for veteran anything fp would be 3 dps and a healer I think.

I've since they did it that making all sm tactical was bad. Oh well that's all history though and hey I can vigi now.

Zerileth
09.20.2017 , 10:24 AM | #9226
Quote: Originally Posted by captainwesson View Post
I get that you wanted to go fast (it's Hammer Vet, it's not long anyway), but why cause drama? Did it really kill you to let the tank do his job when he asked? Sure, one can just walk in and solo Vet Hammer, but you decided to queue for a group, so maybe you all should work as a group. The 68 maybe overreacted (leaving an easy FP is silly), but they both had a point. If the tank wants to pull, just let him/her pull, don't be petty about it.
Stow your condescension. I'm not going to go through HS vet waiting for the tank to pull every group. If a tank wants to tank do MM. Way too many HS runs these days getting Conquest done for alts. You want trinity do the real trinity, not HS vet mode.

Zerileth
09.20.2017 , 10:29 AM | #9227
Quote: Originally Posted by flavmad View Post

He should do MM if he wants to tank in an actual trinity. And all FPs are not the same. Had it been BH or DofM... sure I'd let him tank. He can still taunt and learn his class. Storymode will help that too. This is not why tanks are in short supply. I wasn't rude to him either. He wasn't denied anything. Enough drama, wake up.

ElrondTheGreat
09.20.2017 , 01:07 PM | #9228
Heya,

Long day, me just wanting some peaceful grinding hours. Battle of Ilum pops, Merc, Sniper, Assassin and me. People seem nice, we get to the double bosses at the entrance to the crystal caves nice and easy. That's where the fun begins. Boss fight with pretty much zero problems but then the other sniper accidentally pulls some mobs down the stairs on one side and dies. Quits immediately. Like he saw the notification to rez and nuked his PC. The three of us are somewhat confused but continue with a comp. The enemies in the caves hit too hard for the comp to keep up so we requeue and get a replacement after those 2 Mining Spider Droids. We wait for him but notice that he pulled the pack in the first cave that you can skip and dies. The Assassin gives us a "**** this" and quits. The replacement probably is a new player though, as he is level 19, so I tell him to follow us through the caves. He walks back outside into the imperial camp, stays there for like 30 secs and just quits. The merc and I decide to call it a day and just try our luck again.

This isn't particularly funny or interesting, but why on earth did they quit

Mubrak
09.21.2017 , 10:48 AM | #9229
Quote: Originally Posted by ElrondTheGreat View Post
This isn't particularly funny or interesting, but why on earth did they quit
My guess:
Sniper had bad experience with people yelling at him after such mistakes, and quit before you could kick him.
Newbie had no idea where he was, where you were, and what what to do, so he quit to avoid getting yelled at.
Assassin had only 10 minutes to do the FP, and there was nobody left to yell at.
Tune down reflections to pre 5.5 values!
Move inventory tabs back to the bottom!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

Aeneas_Falco
09.21.2017 , 04:09 PM | #9230
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
My guess:
Sniper had bad experience with people yelling at him after such mistakes, and quit before you could kick him.
Newbie had no idea where he was, where you were, and what what to do, so he quit to avoid getting yelled at.
Assassin had only 10 minutes to do the FP, and there was nobody left to yell at.
I think those are all reasonable guesses, particular the first one. The sniper likely knew he goofed, was embarrassed, and quit because he fully expected to catch flak for it. Not all players in PUGs are forgiving of mistakes and some like to point out those mistakes in the most obnoxious manner possible or by immediately initiating vote kicks. The sniper might have been expecting that due to prior experiences with PUGs and quit to save himself further embarrassment.

Was the Merc a healer? If so the other possibility was that it was a rage quit because the healer failed to heal through his mistake. There are some players who think healers should be able to heal through all damage even when the damage is unnecessary and self-inflicted.

If there were no healers, the former seems likely.