Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

AAAAzrael
09.27.2013 , 09:18 AM | #911
It's not like sniper/slinger can't do anything out of cover by the way. Some time ago I found myself in operations chief HM fight on my slinger where gold group during infiltration died (sic!) . I went to gold even though someone was shouting 'Gunslingers can't do gold!!!!' on TS. Well you can't go in cover there so it limits your options, but we still have our dirty-kick and blaster whip and some out of cover abilities and it took a bit longer but we got them down without much problems. Similarly there are situations when scoundrel might need to go into cover and use aimed shot
Most stressful thing there for me was finding my blaster whip and dirty kick as I very rarely use those and slinger is my ALT I don't play that much.
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Gate Crasher Joshased / Xartanol The Revanchist
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse

shyninja
09.27.2013 , 09:32 AM | #912
Quote: Originally Posted by SuspectDown View Post
I enjoyed this post, because I remember once getting yelled at for not letting the tank tank on SM....

SM...

Also, unrelated but when you said LoS it reminded me: I recently healed a group on Cad on HM where everyone was decently geared, and for EVERY pull the tank wanted to LoS everything... The content isn't hard, this group can roll through it, and we have to LoS everything because the tank had to have things his way. Sigh.
For Cad they're a certain pull s that LoS is a really good idea to do.
The tank need sto aggro up the entire mob so the many strays aren't going after the healer. Having decent gear means nothing if the tank is letting things hit the healer or a dps. I had a shadow tank who refused to LoS because it's a "cheap gimmick". What she didn't notice were all the strays adds that she couldn't reach in the distance were going after me. I spent a good portion of the time trying to keep myself alive rather than the rest of the group.

meanken
09.27.2013 , 09:37 AM | #913
Quote: Originally Posted by AAAAzrael View Post
It's not like sniper/slinger can't do anything out of cover by the way. Some time ago I found myself in operations chief HM fight on my slinger where gold group during infiltration died (sic!) . I went to gold even though someone was shouting 'Gunslingers can't do gold!!!!' on TS. Well you can't go in cover there so it limits your options, but we still have our dirty-kick and blaster whip and some out of cover abilities and it took a bit longer but we got them down without much problems. Similarly there are situations when scoundrel might need to go into cover and use aimed shot
Most stressful thing there for me was finding my blaster whip and dirty kick as I very rarely use those and slinger is my ALT I don't play that much.
Persnaly, as an op dps, I have never seen a situation where dropping into cover and spamming snipe/aimed shot would be the best option. Honestly curious here, what situations would you say warrant that? if it's times where you can't get in close, I personally recommend spamming overload shot/whatever the pub equivalent is, as you get a 20% or so buff to it's damage automatically compared to aim shot as an op/scound

SuspectDown
09.27.2013 , 10:01 AM | #914
Quote: Originally Posted by shyninja View Post
For Cad they're a certain pull s that LoS is a really good idea to do.
The tank need sto aggro up the entire mob so the many strays aren't going after the healer. Having decent gear means nothing if the tank is letting things hit the healer or a dps. I had a shadow tank who refused to LoS because it's a "cheap gimmick". What she didn't notice were all the strays adds that she couldn't reach in the distance were going after me. I spent a good portion of the time trying to keep myself alive rather than the rest of the group.
In that situation I was Sorc Heals and didn't have any problems. I've ran through Cad many times and I think LoS is overused and overrated in many situations.

Bstr
09.27.2013 , 10:31 AM | #915
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
I got a good one the other night, was on my gunslinger just farming credits doing ilum. Someone wanted a group for SM False Emperor, had one other person, after finishing what I was doing they were still looking, so I said I would go and we could use my companion instead of waiting on a 4th. The didn't think that would work, but I told them I have solo'ed SM more than once. There next question was, "Do you want to dps or heal?" ........I replied I think I should dps and let my companion do the healing. I popped an adrenal before entering the FP, but they were actually decent, I bet either could have solo'ed it and they were nice guys, just didn't seem to know anything about other classes.
Had one a few weeks ago where the tank couldn't hold aggro on the strong/elite mobs and they kept attack my Gunslinger. After I asked him if I could get a guard and if he could not tunnel vision on the single enemy, he replied that I should just use my "OP" heal when I got hurt. Had to explain to him that I was not a Scoundrel and not in the heals tree of that AC.

A similar time was during the Gree event last time at the slug WB. I was on my GS and kept dying after no healer would cleanse the DOT on me. I stated this to the group. The main healer and another DPS stated that I should cleanse myself. I commented that I used Dodge when it wasn't on cooldown, but it only works every 1 minute. The healer said I should be using my other cleanse too: "the one with like a 5 second cooldown." I explained to him that he was thinking of Scoundrels. The healer leader kicked me from the group.

I've also had requests in higher lvl WZ's for me to use "Smuggle" or stealth...
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Jr An'val: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: Bodyguard Merc. Bophia: Anni. Maurader Borbend: Med. Op.
<Republic's Hammer> <Reformation> Jung-Ma Server

AAAAzrael
09.27.2013 , 11:21 AM | #916
Quote: Originally Posted by meanken View Post
Persnaly, as an op dps, I have never seen a situation where dropping into cover and spamming snipe/aimed shot would be the best option. Honestly curious here, what situations would you say warrant that? if it's times where you can't get in close, I personally recommend spamming overload shot/whatever the pub equivalent is, as you get a 20% or so buff to it's damage automatically compared to aim shot as an op/scound
I have no personal experience of operative/scoundrel, but our scoundrel healer found it useful to kill his orb quickly on Operator IX while being in the middle. I think it one-shot the sphere. I'm pretty sure there must be some other such situation, as I got my slinger into situation where he had to use smuggler signature ability
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Gate Crasher Joshased / Xartanol The Revanchist
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse

ELRunninW
09.27.2013 , 11:21 AM | #917
Quote: Originally Posted by Bstr View Post
I explained to him that he was thinking of Scoundrels. The healer leader kicked me from the group.
You must be omitting something, no one kicks anyone for politely explaining their mistake from a WB group.

PifferPuff
09.27.2013 , 11:57 AM | #918
Quote: Originally Posted by Primesghost View Post
Was running CZ Corporate Labs on SM last week to get the Weekly. I'm a well geared 55 Marauder and we have another Marauder, Sorc and Ops heals. Three of us are running through it but the Sorc...every time we come to a group of trash he's trying to give direction.

"Everybody stand over here so we can LoS"
"I can pull then LoS next group."

So on and so forth, the rest of us are pretty much ignoring him. Finally he starts getting angry and going all caps.

"DON"T ATTACK UNTIL EVERYONE HAS ASSIGNMENTS!!"

So I tell him to relax and we all point out that it's SM and we're not really even taking any damage. During the Eradicator fight he finally loses it completely. The other Marauder and I are just standing under the Eradicator going to town and the Ops is throwing us the occasional heal when necessary. That Sorc is going off in chat.

"GET OUT OF WATER WHEN SHIELD IS UP"
"ADDS"
"KILL THE ADDS"

And the Ops goes:

"YOU KILL THE DAMN ADDS"

Eradicator dies, guy gets his loot, calls us a bunch of noobs and drops. We all have a good laugh, Ops gets out a companion and we three-man the rest of the FP.
LOL ... What?? ... You said SM, right? ... SM? .. Story Mode?? ...Right?

...and the Sorc is treating it like HM? And goes balls-to-the-wall off the Richter? HAHA...Wow.

That post made me laugh. Considering ...I ROFL-stomp that with zero effort ...solo. Even the Vigilant FP too ...And, "KILL THE ADDS?" ... LOL really? HAHAHA The adds in solo SM spawn and just look at you while you down the boss. They wait for you to kill them afterwards.

LOL...wow. Good share

chuixupu
09.27.2013 , 12:06 PM | #919
Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
You must be omitting something, no one kicks anyone for politely explaining their mistake from a WB group.
While it is possible he's not telling the whole story, I can tell you that I have seen people get booted from groups for all kinds of completely stupid reasons, especially a person politely explaining something. No one? Oh, we all wish human beings were that rational.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

mikebevo
09.27.2013 , 02:11 PM | #920
Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
I agree with chuixupu, people have been kick for any and everything. I once had someone try to kick me on my infiltration shadow for using double strkie on a weak as the killing move. I did not use it in my rotation, but just hit it at the end because force breach only took him to 2%, when I thought it would kill him.

I have seen someone kicked for a bug in HM FE when they used force leap on the bridge where you should not use force leap, but how would someone new to the instance know that? They lost their healer too, because I quit the group when they kicked.