Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

PlasmaJohn
09.23.2013 , 08:52 AM | #881
Quote: Originally Posted by Kampori View Post
And I have a fully geared annihilation marauder (ie, berserk +damage, ravage +damage) I know how infuriating it is when the tank seems to literally wait until my 30 stacks go before he pulls, but the tank is the tank, we go at his pace.
Not sure how it works for anni, but for combat (rage IIRC), my ooc heal generates stacks. If the tank is taking his time I just hit that whenever it's at the halfway mark. Don't care too much about focus generation, leap + zealous will get me right where I need to be for most (all?) fights.

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani

OlosBC
09.23.2013 , 09:45 AM | #882
Quote: Originally Posted by PlasmaJohn View Post
Not sure how it works for anni, but for combat (rage IIRC), my ooc heal generates stacks. If the tank is taking his time I just hit that whenever it's at the halfway mark. Don't care too much about focus generation, leap + zealous will get me right where I need to be for most (all?) fights.
Combat = carnage, and it's the only spec that gets that.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

PlasmaJohn
09.23.2013 , 10:23 AM | #883
Quote: Originally Posted by OlosBC View Post
Ah thanks.

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani

NoFishing
09.23.2013 , 01:16 PM | #884
Quote: Originally Posted by OlosBC View Post
But it is a nice QoL feature of that spec that *should* be expanded to all sentinel/maras, if for no other reason than to remove their incentive for chain pulling.

Bstr
09.23.2013 , 02:52 PM | #885
Just had a lvl 54 Assassin Tank on Lost Island HM last night that gave us a good laugh. I was on my lvl 52 Merc healer. Tank throws a guard on me. I mention that it might be better on the lvl 55 Marauder, but we start the FP anyways.

On the first boss (flying one,) tank looses aggro on the boss and all adds. Boss attacks the merc DPS (merc used threat reducer: it didn't help) while I have to keep the adds off of myself with the help of the marauder. I ask the tank afterwards why she didn't taunt: first she replies that Taunt is only for Juggernaughts, and then after I said that I meant "Mind Control," she said that she did use that as his opener. Why she didn't use it in the next minute is beyond me.

Second boss: even with me using Power Surge and SCG, the tank dies within 10 seconds even before the DPS can finish the adds. The rest survive 30 seconds and we rez. He complains that the DPS didn't kill the adds fast enough and that I was taking too much damage, which transferred half to him. I replied that she was mistaken on both the DPS and the guard, but said that it might be because she is an Assassin and they are spiky. Soon after, she starts again and dies within 20 seconds, this time because the merc pulls aggro off of the boss. We all die almost immediately after and we all rez.

At this point, I decided to check out his gear. She has all high Strength gear with no Willpower and nothing in his offhand. I mention that she should have a shield in his offhand; she replies that she needs two hands to use his lightsaber and that Juggs could use shield generators because their lightsabers only needed one hand. I then mention thats he should not use Strength, but Willpower: she mention that she doesn't use Force powers much and mostly lightsaber melee moves and that Strength increases melee. The other Merc states that Willpower is used for melee, to which the Assassin replied that as the tank, she doesn't need to do damage: just mitigate damage. She jumps to the boss immediately after saying this, we die, and kick him from the group.

The marauder said after that he "had to go" and us two Mercs get out Skadge and Blizz and get past that boss and through to the next boss and wait for 10 mins for a tank then give up.

EDIT: Indicated that I was lvl 52 to get my first point across better. Cleaned up he/she: whoever it was was playing a female. Clarified / added a few points (underlined) due to AlrikFassbauer's responses.
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Jr An'val: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: Bodyguard Merc. Bophia: Anni. Maurader Borbend: Med. Op.
<Republic's Hammer> <Reformation> Jung-Ma Server

Kampori
09.23.2013 , 04:47 PM | #886
Had an interesting one tonight where the tank refused to go on until I recited the Welsh national anthem. I mean it didn't take me more than a minute, but I found it kinda funny. (I am Welsh by the by, wasn't just completely random)

Apart from that a mostly uneventful night, except having the rare fantastic group just now. 3 same-guild (v. good geared tank + jugg dps, newly dinged healer) and me, on my mara this time. Czerka Meltdown HM

Off the bat, everyone said their hellos (as you may know, this is an important starter for me )
And then explained that the healer had just hit 55 and they were gearing (23k operative). Everyone was fantastic, polite, fun. They even asked whether we should need or greed on the blue czerka rep drops.
Cleared instance in about 15 mins, bosses went down without a single hitch and very rapidly. (I miss using my mara, and with a great jugg dps things died in seconds)

Just all round, the opposite of what this thread asks for :P But I thought I should mention the great groups as well.
This Is Not Here

Assassin l Marauder l Sniper l Mercenary l Sorcerer l Operative l Juggernaut ll Sith Empire
Scoundrel l Sentinel l Shadow l Gunslinger l Commando ll Galactic Republic
@55. C.E.
The Glyndŵr Legacy. Server: Nightmare Lands (The Red Eclipse EU)

mustopak
09.24.2013 , 12:49 AM | #887
Athiss 55 HMFP.

Met a sentinel. Won't waste time so here it is: she uses freaking "GUARDED BY THE FORCE" in her rotation. Amazing. Unbelievable. I was wondering why is her health going down too fast even when I put bubble on her, then I saw her executing that skill EVERYTIME. EVERY SINGLE TIME WHEN IT'S OFF COOLDOWN. She sacrifices HALF her full health EVERYTIME when it is CLEARLY NOT NEEDED. She sure does love her utility skills, saw her popping inspiration on adds and not bosses.

So I told her politely to stop using the skill. "Can you stop using Guarded by the Force please?" But nope. NOPE. She kept using it so I had to heal the ignorance up to full each time she uses the skill. ***. I don't think she even knows what the skill is called. FFS. Before the final boss I told her again to stop using it, but FRAGGING NO. NO. She kept on using it! YAAAAAAAAAAYYY!

Sigh.

AlrikFassbauer
09.24.2013 , 05:29 AM | #888
Quote: Originally Posted by Bstr View Post
At this point, I decided to check out his gear. He has all high Strength gear with no Willpower and nothing in his offhand. I mention that he should have a shield in his offhand; he replies that he needs two hands to use his lightsaber. I then mention that he should not use Strength, but Willpower: he mention that he doesn't use Force powers and just lightsaber melee moves.
Sounds like role-playing to me.

AbsolutGrndZero
09.24.2013 , 05:34 AM | #889
Quote: Originally Posted by Bstr View Post
Just had a lvl 54 Assassin Tank on Lost Island HM last night that gave us a good laugh. I was on my Merc healer. Tank throws a guard on me. I mention that it might be better on the lvl 55 Marauder, but we start the FP anyways.

On the first boss (flying one,) tank looses aggro on the boss and all adds. Boss attacks the merc DPS (merc used threat reducer: it didn't help) while I have to keep the adds off of myself with the help of the marauder. I ask the tank afterwards why he didn't taunt: first he replies that Taunt is only for Juggernaughts, and then after I said that I meant "Mind Control," he said that he did use that as his opener. Why he didn't use it in the next minute is beyond me.

Second boss: even with me using Power Surge and SCG, the tank dies within 10 seconds even before the DPS can finish the adds. The rest survive 30 seconds and we rez. He complains that the DPS didn't kill the adds fast enough and that I was taking too much damage, which transferred half to him. I replied that he was mistaken on both the DPS and the guard, but said that it might be because he is an Assassin and they are spiky. Soon after, he starts again and dies within 20 seconds, this time because the merc pulls aggro off of the boss. We all die almost immediately after and we all rez.

At this point, I decided to check out his gear. He has all high Strength gear with no Willpower and nothing in his offhand. I mention that he should have a shield in his offhand; he replies that he needs two hands to use his lightsaber. I then mention that he should not use Strength, but Willpower: he mention that he doesn't use Force powers and just lightsaber melee moves. The other Merc states that Willpower is used for melee, to which the Assassin replied that as the tank, he doesn't need to do damage: just mitigate damage. He jumps to the boss immediately after saying this, we die, and kick him from the group.

The marauder said after that he "had to go" and us two Mercs get out Skadge and Blizz and get past that boss and through to the next boss and wait for 10 mins for a tank then give up.

How do these people get to 50, much less 54?????? *brain explodes*

Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Sounds like role-playing to me.
No, it's a stupid player. Has nothing whatsoever to do with being a roleplayer.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

fire-breath
09.24.2013 , 05:56 AM | #890
Quote: Originally Posted by mustopak View Post
Athiss 55 HMFP.

Met a sentinel. Won't waste time so here it is: she uses freaking "GUARDED BY THE FORCE" in her rotation. Amazing. Unbelievable. I was wondering why is her health going down too fast even when I put bubble on her, then I saw her executing that skill EVERYTIME. EVERY SINGLE TIME WHEN IT'S OFF COOLDOWN. She sacrifices HALF her full health EVERYTIME when it is CLEARLY NOT NEEDED. She sure does love her utility skills, saw her popping inspiration on adds and not bosses.

So I told her politely to stop using the skill. "Can you stop using Guarded by the Force please?" But nope. NOPE. She kept using it so I had to heal the ignorance up to full each time she uses the skill. ***. I don't think she even knows what the skill is called. FFS. Before the final boss I told her again to stop using it, but FRAGGING NO. NO. She kept on using it! YAAAAAAAAAAYYY!

Sigh.
Have you checked her stance? If she was focus specced I can understand it.
1. As a focus sent its only 25% HP which makes it a really nice defensive cd. 25% to healup isnt that much (provided the incoming damage would have been higher ofc)
2. Most the time you will get all mobs opn you after the tank pulls (leap, valourus call, zen, smash, masterstrike, bladestorm) Try to tank that, there will be tanks able to hold it, but not many.

And yeah yeah, we should wait for the tank to get aggro blah blah blah ... I have a tank too and dont mind at all to use AoE taunts at trashpacks, it gives me a nice aggrocushion too since appearently the dps could achieve a higher TPS than I could if they overaggro me. Just taunt, get the threat of the DPS + a free bonus et voila.

Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
How do these people get to 50, much less 54?????? *brain explodes*
No, it's a stupid player. Has nothing whatsoever to do with being a roleplayer.
Levelling is very easy, most of the times you can be underlevelled and undergeared for 3-4 levels with ease. You can finish your classquest at lv 46 with a little effort, as a healer its doable on lv 45 if you are good enough to heal the damage taken by your comp (my last bossfight took 15 minutes on my merchealer because my comp missed almost every attack but I kept him alive).

Flashpoints are severly overrated too. You can duo any lowbe fp with ease. Hell, if your healing comp or you can outheal the damage you can solo it. Some mechanics make it almost impossible to solo ofc (mando raiders; doggy boss as perfect example).

TLDR, being a lowbe is very easy as it should be (god knows how many times I died on my 1st toon).
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Zal'ssesse - Engi Sniper Macewindy - Sab Slinger

PugsloveHP - the 60k HP commando DPS/healer