Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

CrazyGreggy
09.22.2013 , 03:23 AM | #871
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post
Don't forget waiting for the singularity stacks to expire (if I pull a trash mob as a dps, this is why).
Singularity is part of focus/smash spec. Pulling because your PvP-centred build relies on a short-lived resource is a double sin for PvE content. Read back through the thread and find all the posts from tanks annoyed at precisely this behaviour. You sir, are one of the reasons I will drop queue and requeue after adding any dps jugg or guardian to ignore while playing a tank or healer.

Lord_of_Mu
09.22.2013 , 03:56 AM | #872
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyGreggy View Post
Singularity is part of focus/smash spec. Pulling because your PvP-centred build relies on a short-lived resource is a double sin for PvE content. Read back through the thread and find all the posts from tanks annoyed at precisely this behaviour. You sir, are one of the reasons I will drop queue and requeue after adding any dps jugg or guardian to ignore while playing a tank or healer.
Haha yeah. If the healer is good to go, I'm pulling. If the healer isn't. /pirate hat Sit on your hands and shut yer traps ya mouthy Kurrs.

As much as I'd like to use "slag", I'm pretty sure someone would take offense.

gearmasher
09.22.2013 , 04:43 AM | #873
Quote: Originally Posted by SitHamster View Post
And how about the tanks who runs from a pack to another when you still have 85% of your Force to refill as the healer?
Long time lurker, first time poster. This is my first MMO after playing a few single player RPGs. I originally intended to play SWTOR as a single player RPG (KOTOR 3!) and I reached level 55 without doing any Flashpoints as I joined when the APAC Dalborra server was becoming a ghost town. Once I transferred over to Harbinger and reached Level 55 I slowly learned to do FPs by starting with Level 50 SM, working my way up to Level 50 HM and I am now on Level 55 HM.

I have been PUG-ing it all this while and the experience has been easily 99% positive. I have got a lot of help and advice from more experienced players and I appreciate them putting up with me as a newbie.

I may have over-reacted like a precious princess on Hammer Station today though. We started the FP, and I see that there is a bit of un-coordination in the group and the tank seems a bit spiky in terms of damage. But so far so good, I'm the healer and no one has died. Then we make it to the 2nd or 3rd thrash mob and the tank jumps in to a mob at 65% health ... I couldn't heal enough and the group wipes.

I then tell the tank that he shouldn't jump in at 65% health and he replies

"fuk up" (verbatim).

I must have been too tired as I had run a half marathon earlier in the day and I took it as a direct verbal insult to me so I told him "if that's the way you want to put it, I'm out. Cya later". That was the first time I had ever quit a Flashpoint.

Looking back, I was being too precious ... oh well. Apologies to that group. I ended up with another group for Mando Raiders. It was fun and everyone was supportive ("ask if you have questions"). No wipes.

Kampori
09.22.2013 , 05:36 AM | #874
Couldn't agree more. My tank's ignore list is chocka-block full of juggernauts and marauders for doing this. I can't stand it. Will immediately /ignore, and depending on how much I liked others in group, would initiate vote kick or drop group.

And I have a fully geared annihilation marauder (ie, berserk +damage, ravage +damage) I know how infuriating it is when the tank seems to literally wait until my 30 stacks go before he pulls, but the tank is the tank, we go at his pace.
This Is Not Here

Assassin l Marauder l Sniper l Mercenary l Sorcerer l Operative l Juggernaut ll Sith Empire
Scoundrel l Sentinel l Shadow l Gunslinger l Commando ll Galactic Republic
@55. C.E.
The Glyndŵr Legacy. Server: Nightmare Lands (The Red Eclipse EU)

Tachenko_Yuri
09.22.2013 , 05:55 AM | #875
Carried, some dps sage with 21k hp and level 34 implants at czerka core meltdown, and had that entitled attitude to him.

Was going for insta-kick, other dps went gave him a chance, and should enrage come around, boot.

Somehow, we one-shot the whole flashpoint without enrage, and our undergeared friend even managed to pull aggro to himself after guardian tank (geared) jumped in.

Nuff said, sort out guardian's aggro issue lol
Current Main: Lynètte
Commando Healer - Dread Slayer - The Red Eclipse - Conquerer of quesh - Potentiae Guild
You have 15977 days of subscription play time remaining. - Creation Date: 1/1/1970 ...mmk then? O.o o.O

WooliestWorm
09.22.2013 , 09:24 AM | #876
Quote: Originally Posted by Kampori View Post
Couldn't agree more. My tank's ignore list is chocka-block full of juggernauts and marauders for doing this. I can't stand it. Will immediately /ignore, and depending on how much I liked others in group, would initiate vote kick or drop group.

And I have a fully geared annihilation marauder (ie, berserk +damage, ravage +damage) I know how infuriating it is when the tank seems to literally wait until my 30 stacks go before he pulls, but the tank is the tank, we go at his pace.
Agreed, I have a watchman sent and a little bit of friendly complaint over focus/centering is all well and good but I'm certainly not going to go around pulling to save that so stuff like Merciless or Juyo stacks I definitely don't mind dropping between packs.

Sangrar
09.22.2013 , 10:17 AM | #877
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
I just had a Group Finder FP run with a player queued as Damage. (this was Republic side, translations provided for Imperial players reference frame)

He was a Shadow (Assassin), spec'd Kinetic Combat (Darkness), using Combat Technique (Dark Charge). Every single pull, from start to finish, his rotation was:
  • stand 10 yards away
  • use Telekinetic Throw (Force Lightning) on cooldown
  • use Project (Shock) on cooldown
  • use Force Breach (Discharge) on cooldown
  • maintain Kinetic Ward (Dark Ward) religiously at 15 charges
  • stand there and do nothing else in-between these 4 cooldowns

Watching someone with a double-bladed lightsaber and rocks swirling around them stand outside melee range, never once swing their saber, and spam weak rock attacks was... really, really weird.

Damage was agonizingly low, fights took forever, but at least we had a Guardian DPS who really, really knew her stuff and carried us through (just barely) on tighter fights.

Naturally, he won all 3 pieces of Willpower gear that dropped. -.-

~~~

Anyway, I don't want to be negative and bashing or insulting confused players here. Instead, I'd just like to hear your stories about bizarre / crazy people you meet in Group Finder (or other groups) who make you go "Huh?? What?!" when you watch them playing.

It's honestly very cute / amusing, except when it gets you killed by enrage timers, etc.
so a tank comes in group finder as damage and did less damage than anyone else ironically?
I honestly would have voted to kick the moment I saw that idiot, or at the very least yelled in chat.
I admit I got road rage issues when it comes to getting people like that.
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

AdrianDmitruk
09.22.2013 , 07:19 PM | #878
I'm not one of those that chain pulls because "oh noez I only have three seconds left over on my stack for the next pull." That is just derpy.

Try "We all arrive at the pull. Tank does ready check. Everyone is ready, I pop enrage for the stacks. THEN the tank sits there and picks his nose without comment just waiting for my stacks to expire. And the healer is wondering why the tank hasn't pulled yet."

I've never died pulling a trash mob as DPS in a FP. Ever. Because I do know to save it for cases where the tank is being oblivious and/or obtuse. (To say nothing of the times I've interceded/AOE taunted off healer because the tank is too busy tunnel visioning a single elite.)

Tanks are not infallible. And if you don't believe my DPS character, maybe my healer ought to regale you with the tales!
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

VIZIOO
09.22.2013 , 11:25 PM | #879
Ppl in Fp are only temporary. Should it have seen the last guild I was in...a bunch of ****-phobics and races. Never thought I would find such idiocrasies in a MMO game.

Anyway, I don't want to be negative and bashing or insulting confused players here. Instead, I'd just like to hear your stories about bizarre / crazy people you meet in Group Finder (or other groups) who make you go "Huh?? What?!" when you watch them playing.

It's honestly very cute / amusing, except when it gets you killed by enrage timers, etc. [/QUOTE]

AbsolutGrndZero
09.23.2013 , 12:53 AM | #880
Quote: Originally Posted by gearmasher View Post

I then tell the tank that he shouldn't jump in at 65% health and he replies

"fuk up" (verbatim).

I must have been too tired as I had run a half marathon earlier in the day and I took it as a direct verbal insult to me so I told him "if that's the way you want to put it, I'm out. Cya later". That was the first time I had ever quit a Flashpoint.

Looking back, I was being too precious ... oh well. Apologies to that group. I ended up with another group for Mando Raiders. It was fun and everyone was supportive ("ask if you have questions"). No wipes.
Not really, sounds to me like he was blaming you for his death because you messed up, not him. I'd have left too. Course, I have 0% idiot tolerance most days. I give them one chance, and a comment like he said, that was their chance, they didn't take it. I quit (or vote kick if I think the other players would agree)
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain