Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Darth_Dreselus
09.12.2013 , 07:22 AM | #821
2 sets of SM MR.

1. DPS: Tank is in Shien, healer has most aggro but manages. I help out with off heals when things get hairy and try to keep a much as posible on m so it is not on the healer.

2. Heal: Tank has no charge, ask to put one on, it is not a tanking charge, ask to put dark charge on he won't, manage to heal him but then a DPS runs way way ahead and agroes everything, I juts leave before they can get to me and kill me.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

Bilirubin
09.12.2013 , 08:05 AM | #822
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
They nerfed LI to be just above/on the level of the other lvl 50 HM fp's, it's a walk in the park now
Man back when it first came out it caused some grief. My first two attempts were wipe fests on the first boss--tried tanking it all over the place, various strats. My guild was convinced that two melee could not do it. Then one day a group of us went in, two melee, me tank, and our core healer, and when they started about various tanking strats I just said "forget all that stuff, stay out of the lightning and get the ads" and we mowed it down with me dragging its robot butt along the periphery of the room. Never really had a problem with it again once I quit trying to follow published strats and just went with what was logical at the time. Gear might have also been involved but still, what a challenging (and expensive in repair bills) instance.
Cyannin Level 55 Shadow | Rubinin Level 50 Gunslinger | Mikuri Level 55 Sentinel | Vertatin Level 47 Commando | PURgE
Scartina Level 17 Marauder
The Bastion

Jeweledleah
09.12.2013 , 10:51 AM | #823
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
They nerfed LI to be just above/on the level of the other lvl 50 HM fp's, it's a walk in the park now
people still wipe there all the time for doing stupid stuff. they just added more margin for error, but you still cannot ignore mechanics.

I was just amazed at the fact how quickly they learned even with my crappy explanations and how good they were at staying out of bad on the ground. its not very common for random late night pugs.

Ottoattack
09.12.2013 , 02:13 PM | #824
I see this in FPs a lot. Most dps and healers have no clue how to use their class defensive capabilities. For example we had a bad tank doing the first boss in Mandalorian Raiders HM and the tank was a complete noob, so the hounds and the boss went to attack the healer, who was an operative. He sat there getting attacked for 10 secs then died while trying to heal himself. Did not cast evasion, did not use probe, invisibility, roll or even try to move. It was still the tank's fault, but it takes a lot for you to die as healer in FPs, especially if you are geared.

I see this always with marauders as well. All of a sudden the marauder is almost dead/almost dead without pulling one defensive capabilities. Most snipers also have no clue they can use the push to push melee away or to use roll. I can go on and on, but I get surprised how most non-tank players have no clue how to use defensive skills and some classes, like marauder, are stacked with them.

Noodlegotagun
09.12.2013 , 08:15 PM | #825
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
I see this always with marauders as well. All of a sudden the marauder is almost dead/almost dead without pulling one defensive capabilities. Most snipers also have no clue they can use the push to push melee away or to use roll. I can go on and on, but I get surprised how most non-tank players have no clue how to use defensive skills and some classes, like marauder, are stacked with them.
Knowing what/how to use defensive cooldowns and threat reduction is what seperates the excellent DPS, from the average DPS. Marauders/sentinels are most definitely stacked with defensive cooldowns, and this often leads me to take a secondary role keeping an eye on the healer just in case the tank misses a target. I can typically pull off the healer and either off-tank it with a defensive cooldown, slow it and kite it to the tank, or outright kill it with a little extra juice, usually in the form of popping Zen. A lot of DPS get tunnel visioned on their target, and don't pay attention to anything else, including their threat generation, or their health. this gets them killed more often than not. Situational awareness is the name of the game as a melee DPS.
Resa Pacus- 55 Sentinel <Valor Alliance> Resident Weirdo

"In some ways, even you are more capable than a Jedi. It is why i tolerate your presence now" Kreia

TheDuge
09.13.2013 , 02:04 AM | #826
Here's a "good" one from yesterday.

Quick hm fp 50 for comms, queue as dps on my sage. Got a group with a tank and healer from the same guild and a sent dps. Tank was kinda undergeared, but no problem. It was pretty clear from the beginning that the guys from the same guild wanted a full run, but they behaved strange, the healer attacked almost anything with the tank being not even near him. But we managed somehow.. We killed the bonus boss, didn't skip any bosses. Then we enter that facility, have the dialog and continue. Just a little bit before the last boss I see a vote kick initiated against me. I'm kinda shocked.. The kick was initiated by the healer (who was terribad during the whole fp) and his guildmate probably voted yes, so I got kicked after wasting 30 mins on an fp that can be done in 10 minutes. The reason? "Annoying glitch". Yes, I was wearing that Voltaic Vandal chestpiece, which is known to have a graphical error. And I got kicked because it is apparently annoying. Thanks Bioware, now fix it please :P

Helmholtzz
09.13.2013 , 11:21 AM | #827
Everyone is posting stories about other people, I will post my own story.

SWTOR - my first MMO. I took the shadow as my class because he has a double bladed saber. Thats cool! It was story mode hammer station and I got in as a tank. I queued as both tank and dps because I had no idea what a tank was or what dps meant. I was level 16 i think. I was in force technique stance (the one for the balance tree) more damage yay!

After the first wipe on the tunneler droid, a dps asked me arent you supposed to be in tank stance? I was like.... ummm what is a tank stance? The guy was very polite and helpful. He gave me a quick explanation and we finished the FP. I finished that fp and went on the net and googled 'MMO Tank'. And now I am doing NiM raids.

I wish I could remember the guy's name. He deserves a huge thanks for taking the time to explain things to me instead of vote kicking me.
Dead on Arrival Begeren Colony
Ascension Jedi Covenant
Instead of loving your enemies - treat your friends a little better.
Rööt Baree Dragonslayer Infernõ

Noodlegotagun
09.13.2013 , 01:02 PM | #828
Quote: Originally Posted by Helmholtzz View Post
Everyone is posting stories about other people, I will post my own story.

SWTOR - my first MMO. I took the shadow as my class because he has a double bladed saber. Thats cool! It was story mode hammer station and I got in as a tank. I queued as both tank and dps because I had no idea what a tank was or what dps meant. I was level 16 i think. I was in force technique stance (the one for the balance tree) more damage yay!

After the first wipe on the tunneler droid, a dps asked me arent you supposed to be in tank stance? I was like.... ummm what is a tank stance? The guy was very polite and helpful. He gave me a quick explanation and we finished the FP. I finished that fp and went on the net and googled 'MMO Tank'. And now I am doing NiM raids.

I wish I could remember the guy's name. He deserves a huge thanks for taking the time to explain things to me instead of vote kicking me.
People like that make MMO's better. The ones who vote to kick on basis of ignorance need to be physically kicked in the junk for being toxic. Kudos to anyone who's helped someone who didn't fully understand something about a game.
Resa Pacus- 55 Sentinel <Valor Alliance> Resident Weirdo

"In some ways, even you are more capable than a Jedi. It is why i tolerate your presence now" Kreia

GasGuy
09.13.2013 , 06:13 PM | #829
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
/still giggling over butter story.

I had a very weird pug last night.

weird not that it was bad, but weird good.

got Lost Island on a baby sage (amusingly enough as dps - showing that there are times of day when dps is more in demand then healers o_O).

oh dear. group had people of varying levles....and nowhere near raid gear.

first weird thing - no one drops. tank starts pulling trash, not skipping. healer mentions never having done the flashpoint before. and then it becomes clear that I'm the only person who has ever doe this before. ah, no wonder no one dropped, they have no idea what they are getting into.

so I start giving out short overviews of bosses as we get to them, most likely forgetting things here and there, I haven't exactly done LI all that many times either, and as a healer, there are some things you never have to worry about, that dps and tank do.

we one shot everything but the bouncy guy (and that was more due to lag and how touchy positioning is on that boss - they were running in, just took a few tries to figure out exact spot) and bonus boss, because I forgot a crucial part of the fight (only got to bonus boss once, ever, pretty much every group imp side I've been in, skipped it)

and not one person, NOT ONE stood in green goo on Lorrik. not even a little. I was watching the debuff and no one got it.

I got into that flashpoint thinking it was going to be a PITA... and with all new people it went splendidly. reminded me why I fell in love with MMO's
Hi.... I was that healer. Thanks for the kind words. As I ended you may recall I said "Thanks for the leadership".
I didn't drop to start because.... I came to play! We learn more from our failures than from our successes. (Must be why I'm getting better.) So let's play on and see what happens. Sometimes we forget we are only pushing light-pixels around on a screen.

I never did fully understand the mechanics of that last boss fight. But I'm a healer...that's what I have to do... heal before the fight, heal during the fight, heal after the fight, scrub off the de-buffs, etc... and every now and then I get to 'click' a panel.

I only do PUGs.... and mostly have good luck. Thanks to each of you who take the time to 1) have patience 2) explain and 3) be courteous. I've been gaming since a little game called PONG. This MMO stuff is still a bit strange.

VigDiath
09.13.2013 , 06:54 PM | #830
Two stories I'll keep short.

1st one, I decided to dust off my Commando Healer which I had not healed on since I was level 40 or so. I switched to DPS to test it and found out how much I liked it. Anyway, got into Mandalorian Raiders. Guardian Tank was 24k. Knowing that I wasn't going to be the greatest of healers on my 27k Mando, I mentioned that the tank was low geared with only 24K hp. Everyone agreed we all have to start somewhere so I decided to give it a try.

Surprisingly we did well. No wipes, no one else grabbed aggro from the tank (he was a good tank just low geared) and I kept everyone toppped off. We get to the last boss and this is where the FAIL starts. Tank goes in and does fine but gets knocked off the ledge when he does his knockback. We wipe. I laugh it off because it happened to me on my Guardian at least once. We go back in and this time the tank either loses aggro or he is standing the wrong way and the boss does his front conal aoe damage and drops me low in health in a span of seconds. I'm furiously trying to heal myself because I'm about to die when the tank dies. Then I die. Then the DPS. And as soon as I mention the conal damage he does the Tank ninja DCs. Never comes back on. So we're thinking he did it on purpose and we're pissed because I have to be at work in 15 minutes and we don't have time to wait for another tank. I was wondering if maybe he thought it was his fault but no one did because he did a great job of tanking even with the low gear he had. It was just one of those newb moments.

Anyway, the other story was about a prima-donna tank but I'll tell that another time lol.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)