Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


Alanbra's Avatar


Alanbra
07.27.2016 , 08:43 AM | #8241
Had a Cademimu tactical on my level 42 sorc, a 18 sniper, a 37 jugg, and a 65 sorc. I assumed the 65 would be face tanking it but except for when he force stormed mobs, aggro was mostly on me or the jugg. He was qued as a dps, so I started watching him to see if he was madness or lightning. By the end of the fp I still didn't know what he was. He never used a dot, never used death field, and never used thundering blast. He also never used his bubble or any type of heal except seethe after the fight. His rotation was force storm-force lightning-shock.

Keroppi_'s Avatar


Keroppi_
07.27.2016 , 10:41 AM | #8242
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Every now and then there's one who thinks FP ends after first or second boss. Maybe it's WoW thing or something.
Why would this be a WoW thing?

Halinalle's Avatar


Halinalle
07.27.2016 , 11:14 AM | #8243
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
I use plasma cell until I get armor-piercing cell
Because you have to use Plasma Cell until level 20. There's just no other way. Of course you could choose to use nothing but that hurts your dps even more.

Yeah, there isn't much rotation going until level 40/42 when you start to get what Gunnery is all about. You really want to proc Curtain of Fire as often as possible.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
07.27.2016 , 11:20 AM | #8244
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Using plasma cell instead of armor-piercing cell is wrong, but it isn't *SUPER-SERIOUS-MEGA-WRONG*.
At level 56, a Gunnery Commando using plasma cell instead of armor piercing cell means their ammo regen is severely pharked due to not taking advantage of Cell Charger.

For solo play, nothing matters.

For group play? In my opinion it is absolutely is "SUPER-SERIOUS-MEGA-WRONG" and is indicative of the type of player that pays zero attention to how to play well (and doesn't care either).

aerockyul's Avatar


aerockyul
07.27.2016 , 01:36 PM | #8245
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Every now and then there's one who thinks FP ends after first or second boss. Maybe it's WoW thing or something.
Saw this in a run of EV where someone thanked everyone very much as if it was the end of a flashpoint and immediately dropped...after we killed Gharj.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Namie Amuro, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

Tsetso's Avatar


Tsetso
07.28.2016 , 02:43 AM | #8246
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
At level 56, a Gunnery Commando using plasma cell instead of armor piercing cell means their ammo regen is severely pharked due to not taking advantage of Cell Charger.

For solo play, nothing matters.

For group play? In my opinion it is absolutely is "SUPER-SERIOUS-MEGA-WRONG" and is indicative of the type of player that pays zero attention to how to play well (and doesn't care either).
It's wrong but it probably wasn't intentional. I have healed several times with armor piercing because just forgot to switch to combat support when I respecced.

Deaconik's Avatar


Deaconik
07.28.2016 , 04:41 AM | #8247
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
It's wrong but it probably wasn't intentional. I have healed several times with armor piercing because just forgot to switch to combat support when I respecced.
After this DvL I am not that sure.
In the past week I met in HM FP:
1) a combat sentinel who wasn't using Zen, Dispatch and from time to time used Precision(like once every 30s).
2) a DPS sage in shield/defense gear
3) a scoundrel who was using snipe(aiming shot?) from the cover ALL THE TIME
4) a gunslinger who was using only AoE and then running around wildly while using basic attack because "the energy was gone"
5) a DPS guardian who had the "green" form(damn, Soresu?) because it is a nicer picture on his buff panel

I also met a lot of people who knew what they were doing and played perfectly. But honestly, whenever I see someone doing stupid stuff I really think they're doing this because they don't know even the basics of their class.

Tsetso's Avatar


Tsetso
07.28.2016 , 05:12 AM | #8248
Quote: Originally Posted by Deaconik View Post
After this DvL I am not that sure.
In the past week I met in HM FP:
1) a combat sentinel who wasn't using Zen, Dispatch and from time to time used Precision(like once every 30s).
2) a DPS sage in shield/defense gear
3) a scoundrel who was using snipe(aiming shot?) from the cover ALL THE TIME
4) a gunslinger who was using only AoE and then running around wildly while using basic attack because "the energy was gone"
5) a DPS guardian who had the "green" form(damn, Soresu?) because it is a nicer picture on his buff panel

I also met a lot of people who knew what they were doing and played perfectly. But honestly, whenever I see someone doing stupid stuff I really think they're doing this because they don't know even the basics of their class.
I am perfectly aware that there are some really bad players. The whole thread is full of such example. I just mention that sometimes it's an honest mistake being with the wrong cylinder or stance. It's partially BWs fault because they didn't make all the cylinders/charges/stances just passives in the disciplines. As a side effect that would quickly remove all the skank tanks from pvp. Also sometimes you can click off the buff and not even realize it. All these "skills" are not needed. Same can be said about sprint - if not the risk to click the buff off i'll never even consider putting it on my skill bars.

Deaconik's Avatar


Deaconik
07.28.2016 , 06:01 AM | #8249
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
I am perfectly aware that there are some really bad players. The whole thread is full of such example. I just mention that sometimes it's an honest mistake being with the wrong cylinder or stance. It's partially BWs fault because they didn't make all the cylinders/charges/stances just passives in the disciplines. As a side effect that would quickly remove all the skank tanks from pvp. Also sometimes you can click off the buff and not even realize it. All these "skills" are not needed. Same can be said about sprint - if not the risk to click the buff off i'll never even consider putting it on my skill bars.
Hmm, I wanted to say something else - if someone is playing the way (s)he's supposed to play we usually ask why the weird form, cell whatever. And they usually write something like "OMG, thanks, just respecced and forget"(or "Damn, I accidentally turned it off, sorry") This can happen. But when players are doing stupid stuff they are just bad

I have an example from our guild raids. 3 months ago(+-) when DF was in priority we went there for easy 224 gear. And we kept dying on Brontess during the phase when Kephess keeps coming with nanites. One of our tanks kept dying on the "lightning" charges, this microphase of the combat has its own sounds and we wiped there probably more than 10 times. Once the Brontess died our tank said wonderful words - "Uhm, guys, do you know why we were dying? Inspect me!"(he took accidentally his old 180/190 gear instead of the 220/224 current one)
I, as a healer, still have nightmares whenever we go there and I hear those lightnings. bzzz bzz bzzz.

People make mistakes, that's why there's a rubber on pencils

Tsetso's Avatar


Tsetso
07.28.2016 , 06:13 AM | #8250
Quote: Originally Posted by Deaconik View Post
I have an example from our guild raids. 3 months ago(+-) when DF was in priority we went there for easy 224 gear. And we kept dying on Brontess during the phase when Kephess keeps coming with nanites. One of our tanks kept dying on the "lightning" charges, this microphase of the combat has its own sounds and we wiped there probably more than 10 times. Once the Brontess died our tank said wonderful words - "Uhm, guys, do you know why we were dying? Inspect me!"(he took accidentally his old 180/190 gear instead of the 220/224 current one)
I, as a healer, still have nightmares whenever we go there and I hear those lightnings. bzzz bzz bzzz.
I have a similar story back from 2.x when we were doing DF but on CZ. We wiped maybe 7-8 times because the adds were dying too slowly and then the merc said - "omg, i don't have a cylinder" He had accidentally clicked it off.