Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

AscendentReality
08.23.2013 , 07:14 AM | #771
Awesome stories guys, before I retired from GF FPs for progression operation, I'd consider myself one of the odd people you would meet in flashpoints.

While knowing my class limits and defensive cooldowns, if tanks pulls too slow, I would leap in and pull first on trash mobs, if I'm premade a healer friend, he knows I will be chain pulling another mob as soon as the current one dies. Just to push the pace you know? I'm sure a lot of people who were using flashpoint for practice would be somewhat annoyed with what I do, but the idea was to finish those FPs as fast as we can. Note that unlike most of these stories, I don't die to mobs that I pull, most of the time I'm certain even if I receive zero heals, I can solo kill it ( at that point I was very overgeared and just grinding ultimate coms for alts)

The weirdest thing I encountered was a tank who refused to guard me in a flashpoint even though he is unable to hold agro on the boss, despite me agro dumping right after his taunts. So I politely explained to him I need the guard to stop pulling, so we can finish this FP faster. He went on this rant and argued the healers take less damage, and the healers pull the most agro. So I was getting pretty angry at that point, so I proceeded to vote kick him. I put him on ignore, and finished that FP with 3 people, basically "marauder tank" the rest of the way through.
Guild: Suckafish
Main: Ascentrl
Server: Bastion

EzioMessi
08.23.2013 , 08:48 PM | #772
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Why are people taking more time in the art of skipping trash then actually clearing the trash? If it proves to be that tough I would just kill the trash and be done with it ;-)

Funny story, thats true :P

What I noticed myself in lowbees is that about 70% of people are just unaware of tactics or some mechanics. It has come to the point that I just dont care anymore if my commando healer is tanking 3 out of 4 bosses in mando-raiders (boarding party fight). I just heal myself and take the beating :P No sense in winding up.
Yeah, this fight is a pain in the *** for healers. When I rolled my Sage, and played this FP (nearly 10 times as both heals and DPS), as a healer I would have both the agent and the bounty hunter on me all the time, with the mara and sorc randomly joining my party. And as a DPS, since I seemed to be the only guy capable of DPSing, I ended up tanking all four of them while our tank tunnel visioned one.

Fiamma_Verde
08.23.2013 , 10:14 PM | #773
Yeah now when I'm levelling a healing alr I almost prefer when the tank tunnel visions.... I just Los them by playing ring around the Rosie with the crates. It makes it easier.

Davionix
08.24.2013 , 05:44 AM | #774
People who dont loot trash after killing them It just takes a second to area loot and those mounts are not going to pay themselves

Remember ! No credits left behind !

They're on our left,right,in front of us,behind us..they can't get away this time.

EzioMessi
08.26.2013 , 07:58 PM | #775
The weirdest group I've met so far:

Tank and healer wiped by Living Fire in HM Athiss. Kicked me for being undergeared (apparently). So my (apparent) lack of gear, somehow weakened the tank and healer when they stood inside the fire.

Tank insisted that I needed Elite gear...... to finish the FP that drops Elite gear.....

Damn, I know my namesake is a freaking magician (in Soccer), but even Messi can't conjure up level 69 gear before attempting a 55 HM.

Prototypemind
08.26.2013 , 10:06 PM | #776
If you stand in the circles, you're gonna have a bad time. /Southpark

Don't feel like doing a whole narrative, but had a freaking hilarious scene at the beginning of S&V pug group. I swore them off, but I want the drops so I decided I'd suck it up and run anyway. I and one of the two others that have run the Op are trying to explain things. First fight is easy mechanic-wise once you understand what's going on, but of course we have three or so players putting up "let's go", "hurry up", etc, etc while we're still giving details. Of course one of said players hits us with a, "What vendor?" when I mention the personal shields. Get that taken care of and we're going over the last pointers and before so much as a ready check Leeroy Jenkins is off. No biggie, we speeder out, I take the boss.

All is going well until the first gen goes down. Someone who's never run the Op of course has to grab it and is moving in the wrong direction after doing so. I have to attempt to move with him while typing out to move forward along the path--something that everyone "understood" and was ready for in the pre-fight explanations. So, we make it to point number two, second gen is up, and luckily for the most part even when I get knocked into the air I'm still holding aggro. Shield two goes down and the fun starts.

The same player from before grabs the portable and starts running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Others had started in the correct direction while he zagged off and so they begin taking damage. Those who got pulled into the desert ignored every instruction about ignoring the adds, popping a shield and running back to the group. Dead bodies everywhere. Womprats feasting, people turned to husks by the desert sands. I still had the boss on me and stayed in the shield as it moved by catching up with Force Speed, but once it went down the carrier got fried as he had run all the way back to where the first gen was. I burned my cooldowns during the carnage and finally just peaced out of combat since everyone else was dead.

I really wish I had vid of that one. Ops leader and I typing over and over to run the other way and this guy skittering about like a headless chicken. It was hilarious. Definitely worth the price of admission to see that going down. Of course half the group including the shieldtech rage quit. Good times, fun.

MokiDono
08.27.2013 , 03:06 AM | #777
My favourite PUG was an Assassin tank, who aggrod both of the turrets before Mando Raiders last boss, and hide behind the ledge, next to the entrance to the last room.

I just typed him "It's okay, you can come out now" xD

Hes reason was that "he always dies there".

And once we pugged a dps for TFB HM. We wiped couse the adds on last boss reached the tank. I asked for a revive, i was half way from the boss. The guy walked up to me, and just straight up shot the boss, aggroing it xD

"Missclick"... it was so funny that we didnt even got mad xD

TheDuge
08.28.2013 , 03:08 AM | #778
Few FP stories

Queue for random hm fp 55 on my sentinel, got Athiss with a guardian tank, scoundrel healer and commando dps. I'm way overgeared, almost in full 72, commando has 24k health and gets the guard. Trash fights were going quite well, but I noticed I pulled a lot on first boss and on the high HP sith trash afterwards in the tomb. Other thing I noticed is the tank wouldn't taunt ever. So after a while the smuggler healer tried giving some advice to the tank in a friendly manner. That's when things went out of control, cause the tank started throwing insults at everyone. I was next, I was told I should be careful with my attacks. He still refused to taunt. I continued to regularly pull from him despite using my aggro drop every time it became available. On the last boss the tank finally taunted a few times and it went very smooth. But his lecturing, rude behavior and insults continued after we downed the boss, so we all decided to ignore him. I shared a few laughs with the healer in PM, who did a very good job btw. Only thing I feel sorry for is the commando, who said it was his first time ever in a hm fp 55, pity he had to deal with such a tank.

Queue for random hm fp 50 on my slinger for the daily 15 comms. Got a group with a dps vanguard, in Maelstrom Prison. At the start 3 of us agreed that this should be a fast run. But the vanguard insisted we do the bonus and don't skip bosses. But since we down voted him by 3 to 1 we decided to do a fast run anyway which he agreed to and helped, but whined through the whole fp. It was incredibly annoying. I don't want to start the fast vs. full/bonus run debate again, but you really got to be more open minded on other players play style. If i get into a hm fp 50 with a group where everyone wants the bonus I say ok and help them, and definitely don't whine through the whole fp.

Last night, again frustrating level 50 hm fp experience.. Queue my sage for the daily comms, but wanted to dps this time (i usually heal). So I queue, fast pop and hooray I'm dps for Taral V, so I quickly respec, throw on my dps gear and go. I got a guardian tank, sentinel dps and another sage, the guardian and sage are from the same guild. The sentinel asks for a fast run and no one says anything so I assume we agree on it. I go forward skipping all that trash and we get to the first boss, easily kill it, loot. Then i continue the usual skip part till the bridge with the sent and notice that the other 2 are behind. But they weren't in combat so I assumed i wouldn't be needed. That's when things went interesting and the insults started cause the tank started to threaten me that he'll put me on ignore list if i don't wait. And then he said that it's a problem that he won't get any heals. i told him he won't get any heals from me, cause I'm a dps. It seems his guild mate mistakenly queued as healer and they didn't seem to realize this. I could've specced back to healer no problem, but I wouldn't cause they started some insult war and just kept going. It wasn't any use telling them to look for their little icon beside their character. After a while everything got silent, I assume they ignored me so I did the same. The FP went surprisingly easy after this, I don't know if the other sage started finally healing, I didn't pay much attention and I could quickheal myself when it was needed.

sithBracer
08.28.2013 , 08:00 AM | #779
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDuge View Post
Few FP stories
Queue for random hm fp 50 on my slinger for the daily 15 comms. Got a group with a dps vanguard, in Maelstrom Prison. At the start 3 of us agreed that this should be a fast run. But the vanguard insisted we do the bonus and don't skip bosses. But since we down voted him by 3 to 1 we decided to do a fast run anyway which he agreed to and helped, but whined through the whole fp. It was incredibly annoying. I don't want to start the fast vs. full/bonus run debate again, but you really got to be more open minded on other players play style. If i get into a hm fp 50 with a group where everyone wants the bonus I say ok and help them, and definitely don't whine through the whole fp.
Was this person a low level with low level gear? Or was he just a whiner? Even on my level 55s in 69-72 I give priority to lower geared/level people simply because I would like that same respect in return for my lower level/gear characters. If this was the case although you guys were technically right, it was an a**hole thing to do.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheDuge View Post
Last night, again frustrating level 50 hm fp experience.. Queue my sage for the daily comms, but wanted to dps this time (i usually heal). So I queue, fast pop and hooray I'm dps for Taral V, so I quickly respec, throw on my dps gear and go. I got a guardian tank, sentinel dps and another sage, the guardian and sage are from the same guild. The sentinel asks for a fast run and no one says anything so I assume we agree on it. I go forward skipping all that trash and we get to the first boss, easily kill it, loot. Then i continue the usual skip part till the bridge with the sent and notice that the other 2 are behind. But they weren't in combat so I assumed i wouldn't be needed. That's when things went interesting and the insults started cause the tank started to threaten me that he'll put me on ignore list if i don't wait. And then he said that it's a problem that he won't get any heals. i told him he won't get any heals from me, cause I'm a dps. It seems his guild mate mistakenly queued as healer and they didn't seem to realize this. I could've specced back to healer no problem, but I wouldn't cause they started some insult war and just kept going. It wasn't any use telling them to look for their little icon beside their character. After a while everything got silent, I assume they ignored me so I did the same. The FP went surprisingly easy after this, I don't know if the other sage started finally healing, I didn't pay much attention and I could quickheal myself when it was needed.
Wait something doesn't make sense. You queued as a dps, got a fast pop (I think I saw a pig and cow flying that time) and respecced to dps and threw on your dps gear? Are you sure that you didn't queue as healer (to get a faster pop) and then respecced to dps and threw on your dps gear?

Also since you kept running ahead of the tank, you are in the wrong here. Even though it is easy and you can solo kill many groups probably, you should let the tank set the pace as you are making his job harder. Especially if he asks you to.

Never_Hesitate
08.28.2013 , 08:08 AM | #780
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
Wait something doesn't make sense. You queued as a dps, got a fast pop (I think I saw a pig and cow flying that time) and respecced to dps and threw on your dps gear? Are you sure that you didn't queue as healer (to get a faster pop) and then respecced to dps and threw on your dps gear?

Also since you kept running ahead of the tank, you are in the wrong here. Even though it is easy and you can solo kill many groups probably, you should let the tank set the pace as you are making his job harder. Especially if he asks you to.
I can imagine that he looked at his little symbol and saw that he was dps (he told the others to do the same).

When they queue with a tank and a healer it can happen, that 2 dps get a pretty short queue time

Running ahead =/= pulling before the tank
If he pulled groups before the tank did, he was wrong, but by just running in front of the tank, he did nothing wrong.
If I'm a dps in a group, I will not wait for the tank to get up and then follow him at his heels, I know the fp's well enough to know where I can walk without pulling
waiting for ...