Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

xOxDarkyxOx
05.04.2013 , 07:19 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Do you:

1. Switch to Soresu.
2. Put a shield in your offhand.
3. Use taunts.

If not, you're NOT being a tank.
Lol of course I do... if I dont, how is that being a tank.

Khevar
05.04.2013 , 07:54 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by xOxDarkyxOx View Post
Lol of course I do... if I dont, how is that being a tank.
Just checking.

I had a smash-spec Jugg show up in a pug HM FP who queued as a "tank", but didn't do any of these things.

zXBurntToastXz
05.04.2013 , 07:55 PM | #63
I had a HM Maelstrom a few days ago where I was assigned to healer My normal role) And someone I knew in game was assigned to the tank, so I thought it wouldn't be too bad. The problem arose when we soon found both "DPS" Were incredibly under geared an not dps. One was a healer, the other was a tank (With a few bits of cunning, supposedly to cunningly pass as a dps.) After we found this out, I said to the healer I would respec to dps since I was incredibly over geared for it and my friend told the dps/tank that he would respec dps and told this guy to switch out of Soresu form. Naturally, we died on the next boss as the dps/tank killed in an instant because the new healer refused to heal anymore (We knew he was specced heals as we saw him using salvation and what not before I said i'd respec) after this both the dps/tank and the new healer decided to abuse me for not healing (It was very clear in chat, what i'd said) and abuse my friend for not keeping aggro (It was very clear in chat what he'd said) After that we promptly /ignore'd them, left the fp and informed our guilds to /ignore them to.

ryan_reynolds
05.05.2013 , 11:48 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by xOxDarkyxOx View Post
Nope, no problems with tanking at all. I know what i'm doing and healer never has complained before. I even tank guild ops runs. Campaign gear + some black market btw.

There is no major issue with tanking as a dps spec if you can hold agro.

P.S. HM FP's are incredibly easy to tank.
there is more to being a tank then holding aggro, you are making your healer work extra hard because of the mitigation that you are losing out on.
Yourmamma 55 gunnery commando, ragemoreplz 55 darkness shadow. rindelland 55 all specs sniper. Mymamma 55 Vig guardian

The soon to be "mamma legacy"

KenseiMahou
05.05.2013 , 01:39 PM | #65
So, uh.

Ran a 55 HM FP on my sentinel yesterday and ran into an obviously newly 55 sentinel as the other DPS. He refused to put on a saber form for the entire run and consistently used Transcendence on cooldown.

The bonus boss in Hammer Station enraged on us at 6%. He never dispatched the entire fight, either.

But it was funny. I got to see just how much dps I could squeeze out of myself in a tight enrage situation.
I have one of every class and play them all. I give up on this class signature thing.

SW_display_name
05.05.2013 , 01:42 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by KenseiMahou View Post
Ran a 55 HM FP on my sentinel yesterday and ran into an obviously newly 55 sentinel as the other DPS. He refused to put on a saber form for the entire run and consistently used Transcendence on cooldown.
Transcendence on cooldown always bewilders me, just like Shadows who open fights with Force Lift. Again: do people not read their tooltips, ever?

I mean I'd estimate at least 30-40% of the Marauders/Sentinels I see in Group Finder put up Transcendence every time they hit 30 Centering. I wonder if they just see a button light up and hit it, without understand why it's lighting up or what it's costing them in damage output.

Oh well. At least it's sort-of fun to have high uptime on running fast.

KenseiMahou
05.05.2013 , 01:46 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
Transcendence on cooldown always bewilders me, just like Shadows who open fights with Force Lift. Again: do people not read their tooltips, ever?

I mean I'd estimate at least 30-40% of the Marauders/Sentinels I see in Group Finder put up Transcendence every time they hit 30 Centering. I wonder if they just see a button light up and hit it, without understand why it's lighting up or what it's costing them in damage output.

Oh well. At least it's sort-of fun to have high uptime on running fast.
I was pretty sure he was combat spec at one point because he had the fast transcendence. And then he never used dispatch ever so I was pretty confused.
I have one of every class and play them all. I give up on this class signature thing.

MorgothPl
05.05.2013 , 02:26 PM | #68
From before 2.0... But still fits the topic. I was on my sin tank in column/BH gear, joined the pug for directive 7. We didnt even started to fight, when jjugg DPS started yellin at me, that he should tank, because he wears heavy armor and cloth wearers can't properly tank. I tried to explain to him, that sins are decent tanks too, but then the rest of the group was also saying, that they want "real tank". Well, I left before vote kick, but still that makes me wonder, why the hell they were so vocal about sin tanking - as I know that some of my guild OPS tanks are sins too.

SW_display_name
05.05.2013 , 02:55 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
Well, I left before vote kick, but still that makes me wonder, why the hell they were so vocal about sin tanking - as I know that some of my guild OPS tanks are sins too.
Sin tanks are fine, but ignorant people also tend to be loud people for some reason.

In the opposite direction, I had a Sin in Deception spec queued as Damage get angry at me for being a Powertech Tank in The Foundry SM. Their argument was that I was level 36, and they were level 40, therefore I should not be Tank despite Group Finder making me Tank and them being assigned Damage.

After calling me various expletive-filled names, they stated that "Any responsible person lets the highest level person tank because I am stronger", threw up Dark Charge, and began running ahead pulling things while stressing the healer out with massive health spikes.

Then, they died within 10 seconds on HK-47 because they didn't gap-close to avoid Powerful Blast, so I tanked the rest of the fight without dipping below 90% health. After being rezzed, they silently switched to Surging Charge.

Jayshames
05.05.2013 , 02:55 PM | #70
2 recent ones I can think of;

55 HM Directive 7.
Assassin queued as DPS, he was using Darkness tree (tank) with Lightning Charge (DPS). Was painful to watch him taunting mobs aswell.

EV Nightmare.
52 Sorcerer joins as healer. Sorcerer hadn't done EV before, that was already a bit of a pain but we dealt with it. Then, first boss when the rockets came he used his Force Barrier instead of healing. I continued to watch him throughout the fight whilst still doing my job, he barely threw any heals. Merc healer pulled is through eventually. I shrugged it off until we wiped a few times on Gharj. I asked him why he wasn't using any AoE heals only to be shocked by the response "I don't have it I'm using Madness skills".
That was when I felt like meeting my face and the table.