Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


SandsS's Avatar


SandsS
08.07.2013 , 08:48 PM | #681
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
oh, letting people die when they do stupid things is highly satisfying. I tend to give a single warning in chat and if they continue - I let them die. its not as flexible when I'm on a sorc, but when I'm on my operative? I've been known to stealth out of wipes to make my point. again. and again.
Oh, I'm definitely guilty of this. I'll be good and warn people about potential pitfalls before they pull, but if they ignore me and do everything wrong, anyway? I'm gone. No stupidity-based repair bills!

I could use a break from the tough jobs.
[Scyras - Operative Healer - POT5 ]

amcdoog's Avatar


amcdoog
08.07.2013 , 09:44 PM | #682
Had a TFB SM GF pug that went really well, 1 shot all the bosses, but on phase 2 of TFB one merc just sat there pounding away at the boss, the whole fight. I had to try to kill a tentacle solo, but we all had a good time and beat the fight anyway.

Also did TC HM, the tank (guardian) kept turning the boss to face the dps for whatever reason, in addition to losing aggro on multiple occasions.....that run didn't end up so well.
I think we need a sword in a box......

Whojoo's Avatar


Whojoo
08.08.2013 , 12:22 AM | #683
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
You and the other 2 who responded should probably re-roll DPS... If you are a healer do your job and heal, cater to the tanks pace.
If I see someone is not at 100 I usually throw something cheap and instant on them. Outside of that I expect them to take care of themselves.
My duty as healer is to keep everyone alive during combat, not to keep all bars at 100.
If a healer heals you out of combat then lucky you. But know the difference between the healer's duty and the task you want the healer to do.
The Red Eclipse
Republic Enforcers Suddenly Taken Over

metalfenix's Avatar


metalfenix
08.08.2013 , 03:17 AM | #684
Quote: Originally Posted by Whojoo View Post
If I see someone is not at 100 I usually throw something cheap and instant on them. Outside of that I expect them to take care of themselves.
My duty as healer is to keep everyone alive during combat, not to keep all bars at 100.
If a healer heals you out of combat then lucky you. But know the difference between the healer's duty and the task you want the healer to do.
This, and very much this. On my commando (and future merc) I constantly use hammershot outside of combat (I can be a bit annoying at times) but don't expect a medical probe or advanced medical probe outside of combat just because you don't want to use your regen.
Koltowolf'Raf Commando Healer / Raf'HiredHealer Mercenary Healer
Rafa-el Scoundrel Healer
Server: The Harbinger

oaceen's Avatar


oaceen
08.08.2013 , 05:15 AM | #685
Quote: Originally Posted by EFSoupy View Post
Where were you having the tank positioning the boss so the healer was able to be outside of range? Of all the times I've run it (a lot) I have yet to find a spot where the healer can actually be in range or tank and outside of range of aoe without moving.
sorry if i wasn't clear, but yes.

and either way, it's irrelevant. my strategy that i explained before starting the fight (that was ignored on the first pull) worked just fine. not a single person died or came close to dying.

i didn't start chanting 'see? i was right!' i just let it go even when the tank wouldn't.
oaceen assault specialist / oac scrapper / oacao kinetic combatant / oacianado tactician
[Guide] The Dirty Rotten Scoundrel's PvE DPS Compendium

RaunchyRancor's Avatar


RaunchyRancor
08.08.2013 , 05:46 AM | #686
The story of the fragile tank:

I was playing my Commando as a healer, and we got into Athiss at 55 hard mode with this Guardian tank. He had around 35k HP, and on inspection, seemed to have a pretty impressive Elite set with augs.
Then during actual fight, his HP bar starts waltzing up and down and it's all I can to make him survive. After finishing one mob, I examined his set and found everything was in dire need of repair. Who goes around with their armor durability at 75/120? So I pulled out my repair bot and told him to go ahead and fix it. He didn't. He remains a silent sphinx throughout, and on top of it went total LEEEROY on every mob that appeared. After the 5th time the whole party was defeated, I decided to call it quits.
Server - Harbinger
Rôland - lvl 55 Gunslinger | Sagaros - 55 Commando
Astiniio - 38 Sorcerer | San'aa - 55 Guardian
Luthiénne 55 Operative | Sub'utai[ 55 Powertech

Whojoo's Avatar


Whojoo
08.08.2013 , 07:07 AM | #687
Quote: Originally Posted by RaunchyRancor View Post
The story of the fragile tank:

I was playing my Commando as a healer, and we got into Athiss at 55 hard mode with this Guardian tank. He had around 35k HP, and on inspection, seemed to have a pretty impressive Elite set with augs.
Then during actual fight, his HP bar starts waltzing up and down and it's all I can to make him survive. After finishing one mob, I examined his set and found everything was in dire need of repair. Who goes around with their armor durability at 75/120? So I pulled out my repair bot and told him to go ahead and fix it. He didn't. He remains a silent sphinx throughout, and on top of it went total LEEEROY on every mob that appeared. After the 5th time the whole party was defeated, I decided to call it quits.
Does having armor at 75/120 affect it's 'performance'? In other words, does an armor have to be 120/120 to function as it's best?
I ask this because I'm used to a system in which armor get less effective once you reach 0 durability.
The Red Eclipse
Republic Enforcers Suddenly Taken Over

Revenaught's Avatar


Revenaught
08.08.2013 , 08:09 AM | #688
Quote: Originally Posted by Whojoo View Post
Does having armor at 75/120 affect it's 'performance'? In other words, does an armor have to be 120/120 to function as it's best?
I ask this because I'm used to a system in which armor get less effective once you reach 0 durability.
As far as I know it has full effectiveness until it hits 0 durability. But I don't know that I've ever seen it spelled out officially so I could be very wrong on that. I really need to find out now cause that could impact game play a lot.
Mal - Define interesting.

Wash - Oh God. Oh God. We're all gonna die?

Mal - This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence. So we may experience some slight, turbulence...and then explode.

EFSoupy's Avatar


EFSoupy
08.08.2013 , 08:44 AM | #689
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
sorry if i wasn't clear, but yes.

and either way, it's irrelevant. my strategy that i explained before starting the fight (that was ignored on the first pull) worked just fine. not a single person died or came close to dying.

i didn't start chanting 'see? i was right!' i just let it go even when the tank wouldn't.
So my question though is where you actually got that to work? I'm running 1-2 HMs a day and the healer/tank placement has always been tricky for us as we haven't been able to find a spot where the healer can actually be outside the 25m from the boss but still within 30 of the tank.
Azucena- Vanguard (Shield/Assault), Moco - Scoundrel (Sawbones), Chapulin - Shadow (Kinetic/ Infiltration), Cagafuego - Commando (Gunnery)
<The Eternal Guardians>
Begeren Colony

Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
08.08.2013 , 09:25 AM | #690
Quote: Originally Posted by RaunchyRancor View Post
The story of the fragile tank:

I was playing my Commando as a healer, and we got into Athiss at 55 hard mode with this Guardian tank. He had around 35k HP, and on inspection, seemed to have a pretty impressive Elite set with augs.
Then during actual fight, his HP bar starts waltzing up and down and it's all I can to make him survive. After finishing one mob, I examined his set and found everything was in dire need of repair. Who goes around with their armor durability at 75/120? So I pulled out my repair bot and told him to go ahead and fix it. He didn't. He remains a silent sphinx throughout, and on top of it went total LEEEROY on every mob that appeared. After the 5th time the whole party was defeated, I decided to call it quits.
I don't think your issue was the durability.

I think the issue was that the tank was gearing for endurance, all the while neglecting mitigation.

believe it or not, a tank at 30k health but with good mitigation is easier to heal then tank at 35k with not as good mitigation.