Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


Michirure's Avatar


Michirure
08.07.2013 , 06:16 AM | #661
After a long RL break I finally found my way back into the game and decided to throw my baby guardian tank into groupfinder. LI HM was chosen, the rest of my group all from the same guild, of lvl 55 and me around 51ish. I thought, sweet, this will be a smooth run, since guild groups tend to be more organized. I was still a little bit rust in, but well. I knew LI from heart, back from countless wipes, before it became all groupfinder-y.

I said hello. No answers. How nice, one of this groups. I asked, is this flashpoint known to everybody? No answers for the plebs. I said, well then, I take this as a yes and off we went. I just bypassed all trash up to Putrid Shacklaw, because I wanted to be done with this flashpoint as soon as possible since this "you are not worth our greeting" groups spoil every fun for me being in such groups. I waited then in front of the boss, watching silently the healer battlerez one of the DDs who fought the lava, but got tragically killed in the process.

I engaged Shacklaw and saw both DDs neglect the adds. I said, take care of the adds please and at last, one of them did. Fight was easy enough, but still.. how strange. Also later on, both DDs went only for my target. No priority list from weak to strong mobs. No.. nothing. The usual stray add I didn't got went to the healer, of course. He ran away with it (away from me), aggroing more mobs on his way. Healer died. The guarded DD broke his silence with, "why didn't you guard the healer? This wouldn't have happend, you know, if you did". I said, actually, it would regardless, but if you so wish and to avoid a debate on principle... I guarded the healer. I said nothing more and wanted to be just done with this flashpoint.

The Sentinel Droid came and I said, with two melees I'll kite him around, please just keep behind and I'll move it once it drops a bubble to your spot. Again, no answers. Fine, I engaged, and the first couple minutes went well enough. Then the healer decided to run ahead of me, dropping the occasional Energy Coil in my kiting path. Chaos with bubbles everywhere, surprisingly enough no one died.

On Sav-Rak the healer asked if there was " a trick" to kill this boss. Weeell, not that I'm aware of, I said, just cuddle up under it when it goes king kong and keep everyone alive when we are doing the console stuff.
I engaged. Boss prepared for smash, healer stayed range, it happened what must happen. He died. Later we died. We ran back and I asked why he did not join us. "I am a ranged class", he replied, "so this does not apply to me". At this point I was already so far beyond irritation I kindly explained to him, that he must please do me the favor to stack up on him, since he cannot outrange Sav-Rak smash. At least, on the second try we did it.

As we proceeded to Lorrick I asked for a cc now and then. A medic, or one of the mobs with this mean kick. No reply, and no cc either. As we came to the wall with this kick mob hidden behind techs and rakghouls, my pleas for cc was answered from the shadow. He went out of stealth, ran to the group and just stood there. Then it slowly began to dawn on him that cc requires to be in stealth, he moved backwards, was too slowly since a second later the first rakghoul bite him. Then the whole group stomped over him. I am really sorry that I did nothing to save him, since I was still digesting the scenery.

Lorrick also went surprisingly well. At least no one died, even with people parking in green stuff and high stacks of rakghoul plague viruses (no cleanse of course), or standing in front of him when throwing Satchel charges. Actually I was at the point i enjoyed the show and was a little bit sad it all had to end. I merrily wished them a good night and a sound sleep.

No reply

wetslampigduex's Avatar


wetslampigduex
08.07.2013 , 07:23 AM | #662
Quote: Originally Posted by Revenaught View Post
Why would you expect a healer to heal you out of combat? You are supposed to use your own rest ability to heal up between fights.
Because I am the only one that has taken any damage.... Healing is their job... if they can't take one GCD to top me off they shouldn't be healers..... I don't ask dps/healers to tank mobs for me... when I heal everyone is topped off... I don't understand why they shouldn't be... I don't like making these 20 min flashpoints take 45-60 min cause I have a lazy healer... I've just started scavenging and bio in between pulls till the start healing me.... however say I make a bad pull or a dps pulls before and everyone has taken dmg I will stop and heal myself

wetslampigduex's Avatar


wetslampigduex
08.07.2013 , 07:41 AM | #663
Quote: Originally Posted by adam_wan View Post
I actually get annoyed when tanks heal up out of combat lol (my main is a healer). Im not that jerk healer that aggros before the tank but i do like to run and gun, and unless its that damn dog pull in Cademimu, i love when tanks pull at a borderline out of control pace, forcing me to keep up. It brings a "we better finish this mission fast or people are gonna die" mentality to a FP instead of carefully and delibrately planning each trash pull like there is no sense of urgency. If tanks pull with less than full health i just consider it a challenge and heal away.
this is the guy I want healing me in FP's... and the highlighted part... once you've done these FP's once or twice you should be able to do that at full speed. With a guildie healer we did Hammer Station HM in 15 min last night... that's how all FP's should be.

Only 2 pulls ill even stop and ask for a cc on(most of the time ill mark it while fight the mob right before it and type CC cog please in chat... first big pull in hammer station(I think)... 2 elite droids and 4-5 silvers... and the pull right before the first boss in athiss(they are just too spread out 6 silver mobs)

Never_Hesitate's Avatar


Never_Hesitate
08.07.2013 , 08:02 AM | #664
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
Because I am the only one that has taken any damage.... Healing is their job... if they can't take one GCD to top me off they shouldn't be healers..... I don't ask dps/healers to tank mobs for me... when I heal everyone is topped off... I don't understand why they shouldn't be... I don't like making these 20 min flashpoints take 45-60 min cause I have a lazy healer... I've just started scavenging and bio in between pulls till the start healing me.... however say I make a bad pull or a dps pulls before and everyone has taken dmg I will stop and heal myself
I don't care if you're the only one who took dmg, it's not my job to outfight heal you, you have a outfight reg for that.
If you don't use your outfight reg in my group and you even start looting mobs while you should be regging, you don't have to expect any heal from me in the next pull.

You don't want to make 20 min runs 45-60 min long because of the healer not topping you up, so you start looting mobs and make yourself the reason for the long run. how noble of you
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

adam_wan's Avatar


adam_wan
08.07.2013 , 08:19 AM | #665
Quote: Originally Posted by Mmurph View Post
No, I had the quickest run on Colicoid War Games. I popped in right as they killed the last boss. No loot, but 20K xp and all I had to do was watch a load screen.
I said "quickest run HE'S ever had." However, your run is still pretty awesome. I wish id have more of those instead of the run in with window lickers like i have been getting.

adam_wan's Avatar


adam_wan
08.07.2013 , 08:21 AM | #666
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
this is the guy I want healing me in FP's... and the highlighted part... once you've done these FP's once or twice you should be able to do that at full speed. With a guildie healer we did Hammer Station HM in 15 min last night... that's how all FP's should be.

Only 2 pulls ill even stop and ask for a cc on(most of the time ill mark it while fight the mob right before it and type CC cog please in chat... first big pull in hammer station(I think)... 2 elite droids and 4-5 silvers... and the pull right before the first boss in athiss(they are just too spread out 6 silver mobs)
Send me a PM if youre on POT5

PlasmaJohn's Avatar


PlasmaJohn
08.07.2013 , 08:26 AM | #667
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
I don't understand why they shouldn't be...
My healer only has so much energy to burn. Those tanks that refuse to top themselves off out of combat are the type that are off like a shot before I have a chance to recover the energy I wasted doing it for them. The choice is yours, heal you out of combat or heal you when you really need it.

Quote:
I don't like making these 20 min flashpoints take 45-60 min ...
The single most frustrating thing I've run into during HM55's have been other players insisting on speedruns. If you hate the content so much, advertise on fleet for a like minded group and queue together. You still get the comms and don't have to worry about anybody being "lazy".

One of the best HM runs I was on (Athis) was a tank in 61/63's, an awesome healer, my 69+ geared Sentinel and another similarly geared DPS. The other DPS and I were backfills after their original DPS's ragequit after failing to vote-kick the tank. It was a nice easy run. Nobody was rushed and things died handily.

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani

Revenaught's Avatar


Revenaught
08.07.2013 , 08:47 AM | #668
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
Because I am the only one that has taken any damage.... Healing is their job... if they can't take one GCD to top me off they shouldn't be healers..... I don't ask dps/healers to tank mobs for me... when I heal everyone is topped off... I don't understand why they shouldn't be... I don't like making these 20 min flashpoints take 45-60 min cause I have a lazy healer... I've just started scavenging and bio in between pulls till the start healing me.... however say I make a bad pull or a dps pulls before and everyone has taken dmg I will stop and heal myself
Healing during combat is their job. Out of combat they need to rest like you should be to regen their resources. That's why you were given an out of combat rest ability. You claim to want a faster run but cause it to take longer by demanding an out of combat heal the healer then has to rest to recover from so they are prepared to keep you alive during the next fight.
Honestly if you were in a group with me and pulled the crap you say you do my next post in this thread would be featuring you the Tank to lazy to heal himself between fights, and how one or the other of us got kicked cause the healer refused to heal out of combat and the tank was pickin daisies in protest.
Mal - Define interesting.

Wash - Oh God. Oh God. We're all gonna die?

Mal - This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence. So we may experience some slight, turbulence...and then explode.

OlosBC's Avatar


OlosBC
08.07.2013 , 09:00 AM | #669
Quote: Originally Posted by Revenaught View Post
Healing during combat is their job. Out of combat they need to rest like you should be to regen their resources. That's why you were given an out of combat rest ability. You claim to want a faster run but cause it to take longer by demanding an out of combat heal the healer then has to rest to recover from so they are prepared to keep you alive during the next fight.
Honestly if you were in a group with me and pulled the crap you say you do my next post in this thread would be featuring you the Tank to lazy to heal himself between fights, and how one or the other of us got kicked cause the healer refused to heal out of combat and the tank was pickin daisies in protest.
Healing FPs should not be so much of a strain on your resources that you can't keep the tank up. When I bother to tankiI only use the out of combat heal if I need to lower my heat. And when I heal on my sorc its only a challenge because of gathering between pulls, and still very rarely have problems keeping the tank up without ************ at him to stop moving and do something that I can easily do.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

Revenaught's Avatar


Revenaught
08.07.2013 , 09:25 AM | #670
Quote: Originally Posted by OlosBC View Post
Healing FPs should not be so much of a strain on your resources that you can't keep the tank up. When I bother to tankiI only use the out of combat heal if I need to lower my heat. And when I heal on my sorc its only a challenge because of gathering between pulls, and still very rarely have problems keeping the tank up without ************ at him to stop moving and do something that I can easily do.
If your good with that great. I'm not. When I heal, I heal in combat not out of combat when they have their own heal. When I tank I heal myself out of combat I don't expect others to burn their resources when they don't have to. It is quickest and easiest to pop my self heal as soon as combat ends and then move on.
Mal - Define interesting.

Wash - Oh God. Oh God. We're all gonna die?

Mal - This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence. So we may experience some slight, turbulence...and then explode.